Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Cyborg is gotta need a lot of therapy patrol episodes after this one. Jesus.

BANNED

And the title of the next episode is:

"Comic Book Resources Patrol"

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Cyborg is gotta need a lot of therapy patrol episodes after this one. Jesus.
    This. Geez, that was rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Oh Karen, they don't know.

Thank you for that!
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Oh Jesus Christ... this is the "Doom Patrol all-action" episode I was waiting for... and they actually used Rita's power in a very cool way.
    This series is a 100% supreme masterpiece. What's next? I guess Flex will join the Patrol (as official member?).

It's totally unpredictable. Wondering if there'll be a true final fight between the Doom Patrol and Mr. Nobody.

BANNED

For Lee Stone:

The TV series Flex Mentallo mentioned... doesn't exist?!
    "Secret Hearts" WTF? It's a 1949's comic book...
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 05-06-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Thank you for that!
    I just wish they could have played more of the song, but I guess Ace of Base cost a lot of money, so they didn't have much left over for Tracey Ullman.

In "Hair Patrol" when Niles meets up with Alistair again, he's told that the Bureau changed its name to the Bureau of Normalcy because of the Great War. And I think that scene was in 1915 or 1916, so the name had already been changed by then.

BANNED

In "Hair Patrol" when Niles meets up with Alistair again, he's told that the Bureau changed its name to the Bureau of Normalcy because of the Great War. And I think that scene was in 1915 or 1916, so the name had already been changed by then.
    Yeah, but then Larry confirmed that they definitely changed their name after the WW1, not before.
    Well, it makes more sense to me that Niles met up with Alistair again in 1919, not 1916, and that he actually spent 6 years of love with Oyewah (since December 1913)?

Incredible Member

****, Mr. Nobody is a devious manipulator. Like he said before, he’s the narrator; he controls the narrative. He got Vic and everyone by implanting distrust and doubt in his pops. But his pops loved him. Damn man, poor Vic. That was a tragic ending.

It’s crazy how this show can be so serious and deep and also crazy funny like the butt creatures.
    We need an episode on them. “Ass Patrol”

BANNED

"Ass Patrol" LMAO
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 05-07-2019 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    For Lee Stone:

The TV series Flex Mentallo mentioned... doesn't exist?!
    "Secret Hearts" WTF? It's a 1949's comic book...
    See the link I posted in the other thread for the Easter Eggs regarding Secret Hearts.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Retired

So Rita, Larry and Flex were all adults in the late '50s/early '60s, while Cliff and Jane (Kay) were youngsters--and Niles was the same as he is now. I'd like to see a flashback that would show them all at the same time in the past--maybe in the second season.

If there's a recurring character element on this show, it's that everyone who comes to Doom Manor is in an arrested state of development. They come there and are stuck in a paralyzing condition of inaction. The writers have made it hard on themselves to have any forward movement, because it seems like all the characters just want to sit and stew in their misery.

I know they've said there's no link between DOOM PATROL and TITANS, but next season I'd like our Cyborg to join the Titans. Maybe he and Gar would be confused about which Doom Patrol they know. That would set up a mystery for Gar and bring him into our Doom Patrol in their second season to figure out why his reality is all screwed up--which is right down the lane of the DP writers.

BANNED

So Rita, Larry and Flex were all adults in the late '50s/early '60s, while Cliff and Jane (Kay) were youngsters--and Niles was the same as he is now. I'd like to see a flashback that would show them all at the same time in the past--maybe in the second season.
    Rita definitely joined Doom Manor in 1960 or so, Larry was rescued by Caulder in the mid-sixties and that's it.

It would be extremely cool if they would address on-screen the fact that DP and Titans are set in two different realities. I'm all for it.

Incredible Member

It's always been my wish that whenever a character becomes a superhero or supervillain, in their environment, their aging slows down at varying rates (like an unspoken rule), which would reflect the real world reason why comic book characters don't age, if at all.

And, to tie into DP, someone like Mister Nobody, would break the fourth wall to comment on the absurdity of characters not aging, but mustn't age because of trademark and copyright laws in OUR world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    And, to tie into DP, someone like Mister Nobody, would break the fourth wall to comment on the absurdity of characters not aging, but mustn't age because of trademark and copyright laws in OUR world.
    LMAO I'm sure that will happen at some point.