Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

Wow, lol...I thought they were having collective diarrhea. Call my expectations wildly subverted.

Mighty Member

Best super-hero series that I have ever seen. If it was on Netflix, it would be a tremendous success: it's so much better than Umbrella academy !
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Best super-hero series that I have ever seen. If it was on Netflix, it would be a tremendous success: it's so much better than Umbrella academy !
    I liked Umbrella Academy a lot but it's quirky characters in a traditional type story. Doom Patrol is quirky characters in a balls to the wall out there story and is fantastic.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 05-24-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Retired

While I loved the DOOM PATROL series, I can't say the final episode was my favourite episode of them all. It had a lot of great twists and turns, but it left me in the end feeling unsatisfied. It didn't offer many teasers for what could happen with the team if the series comes back and it also didn't tie things up.

Maybe that's because the producers don't know if they'll get to do more or not. So they didn't give us teasers for things that will never happen if the show doesn't go on; but they didn't tie everything up either, on the chance they do get to do more.

BANNED

I've not seen the episode yet, but I've read the spoilers and it seems like we're not going to see how Caulder "orchestrated"/"fabricated" the origin incidents? Do they provide us with plausible explanations? They seem pretty casual incidents, hard to "fabricate" them...

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    I've not seen the episode yet, but I've read the spoilers and it seems like we're not going to see how Caulder "orchestrated"/"fabricated" the origin incidents? Do they provide us with plausible explanations? They seem pretty casual incidents, hard to "fabricate" them...
    Well we know he knew what was going to happen to Larry and made sure the flight happened.

He could had put the chemicals in the water and weakened the the wood of the dock for Rita.

He could had put the truck in the road for Cliff to hit.

It also appears he was behind the experiments that was done to Jane in the mental institution.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    He could had put the chemicals in the water and weakened the the wood of the dock for Rita.

Or maybe, even better, he knew there was a mysterious ancient toxin on there, and made sure Rita would fall in the waters.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Well we know he knew what was going to happen to Larry and made sure the flight happened.

He could had put the truck in the road for Cliff to hit.

It also appears he was behind the experiments that was done to Jane in the mental institution.
    Niles didn't setup Cliff getting hit by the truck. His plan was for Cliff to do killed in the track which he narrowed avoided. He didn't plan for his family to go out with him.

Retired

I saw it differently. Chief set up Cliff to die on the track, but when that didn't work he had him die on the road with his kid and wife. That's why Chief was so broken up when he was talking to Vic's mom--he felt ashamed of himself that he was so driven he would sacrifice a family for his ends, but not ashamed enough that he could stop himself.

BANNED

Does the Negative Spirit show some new power?

Interesting article for folks who are fans of the show...

- https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/05/26/...-supernatural/

Jeremy Carver on What Supernatural Taught Him About Doom Patrol

Incredible Member

Flit should've teleported in the rat to get Cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Niles didn't setup Cliff getting hit by the truck. His plan was for Cliff to do killed in the track which he narrowed avoided. He didn't plan for his family to go out with him.
    See the way I saw that was that Niles had the idea of what he wanted but it wasnt executed as he would have. Clearly he had an agenda the the beureu of normalcy supported. After all they gave him his playthings when he needed them and the agent was certainly aware of what he was doing when he visited Doom Manor. I read that as how the beureu chose to fulfill Niles wish list not lining up with how he wanted it done.

Maybe I read too much between the lines, but that was my out take

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    See the way I saw that was that Niles had the idea of what he wanted but it wasnt executed as he would have. Clearly he had an agenda the the beureu of normalcy supported. After all they gave him his playthings when he needed them and the agent was certainly aware of what he was doing when he visited Doom Manor. I read that as how the beureu chose to fulfill Niles wish list not lining up with how he wanted it done.

Maybe I read too much between the lines, but that was my out take
    That's the impression I got when Jane got recruited.

BANNED

Just watched the last episode.

Some questions:

1- First continuity error? They performed the experiment on Jane in 1976, not 1977. Or maybe, Agent Charles Forsythe asked for Caulder's consent months later they had performed the procedure on Jane, despite Caulder would haven't approved it yet? If so, Forsythe fooled Caulder in the New Year Eve 1977 sequence...

2- I don't undertstand it. How Mr. Nobody managed to acquire his 4th Wall power back (narration) and how he made Ezekiel and Whiskers "get along" as Dad and son?

3- How did Cliff know that he needed to get inside Ezekiel?

4- What did truly happen at the end? The Negative Spirit created a dimensional barrier...??? And why did it require Larry's radiation to "explode" into the reality? I'm confused as hell. VERY confused.