Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

Retired

I didn't watch the show that closely that I would have these questions--it's not like I'm taking notes while I watch it.

If it was the eve of 1977, wouldn't that be 1976?

Did Mr. Nobody lose his power? I know he was trapped, but that didn't mean he lost his power, did it?

I just assume Cliff was told that's what he had to do or he figured it out on his own.

I thought that Larry by removing his bandages released so much radiation that it obliterated everything except Ezekiel and anything that was inside him--because he's a cockroach and can survive radiaton.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I didn't watch the show that closely that I would have these questions--it's not like I'm taking notes while I watch it.

If it was the eve of 1977, wouldn't that be 1976?
    I'm sure it was 1976 when they performed the procedure on her.
    My interpretation is that Caulder signed the paper unwittingly knowing that they already did that days/months before... (in 1976).
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 05-29-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Retired

I just mean that if they were bringing in the new year, then it would be December 31, 1976. And depending on time zones, it would be possible for the procedure to be done before the clock ticked over into January 1, 1977. So that could be a loophole. But I really didn't pay much attention to all the dates on the screen. I would have to go back and watch the whole series all over again to figure out if it makes sense.

Despite how well thought-out the series appears, my understanding is they actually had very little time to prepare the series and they were putting it together as they went along. I had believed that it was all worked out and planned in advance--but not so. That's why the TITANS "Doom Patrol" episode doesn't fit, because they had no idea what they were going to do if they did do a series. And it was only after that episode that they got the green light to make the series.

BANNED

I just mean that if they were bringing in the new year, then it would be December 31, 1976. And depending on time zones, it would be possible for the procedure to be done before the clock ticked over into January 1, 1977.
    If memory serves me well, in "Penultimate Patrol" we can see Jane barricading herself into the room in order to not be experimented upon. And was it morning? We can see the sunlight through the windows.

It seems to me that the 1977 sequence in "Ezekiel Patrol" was set few hours before the clock would tick over? Anyway, if I'm not wrong, Jane was located in Los Angeles...

BANNED

By the way, the last episode, "Ezekiel Patrol", could be the weirdest and most bizarre showdown ever filmed in TV history... absolutely wonderful, if you think about it.

Mighty Member

DP was the shit. Every episode was crazy, wild and engaging. Usually these shows are too long; wanting a shorter season but even with 15 episodes I wanted more. None of the episodes felt like filler. This was my favorite comic book show. Best I’ve ever seen. Hope we get a season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    DP was the shit. Every episode was crazy, wild and engaging. Usually these shows are too long; wanting a shorter season but even with 15 episodes I wanted more. None of the episodes felt like filler. This was my favorite comic book show. Best I’ve ever seen. Hope we get a season 2
    👍👍👍

1000% agree.

The show was dope.

Now bringnon swamp thing, cause the trailers look AWESOME

I saw it differently. Chief set up Cliff to die on the track, but when that didn't work he had him die on the road with his kid and wife. That's why Chief was so broken up when he was talking to Vic's mom--he felt ashamed of himself that he was so driven he would sacrifice a family for his ends, but not ashamed enough that he could stop himself.
    That's how I took it as well. I can't imagine how he could have orchestrated a racetrack accident to take out only one man without damaging his brain or whatever, but I totally understood that he was crying over the fact that he had to resort to plan B which unintentionally killed an innocent. (btw, did anyone else get a "Mr Glass" vibe? Maybe M Night was inspired my Morrison's run as well?)

I thought there was going to be a "they were all horrible people to being with so it was okay to use them" justification, but it never came. I'm surprised we didn't see Chief introduce the whatever into the water that changed Rita.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-30-2019 at 10:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm surprised we didn't see Chief introduce the whatever into the water that changed Rita.
    My guess is that the ancient bio-toxin was already there, and Chief had just located it. I think he sabotaged the bridge and made sure Rita would fall into the waters. Rita did the rest when she scratched the subacquean rocks.

BANNED

By the way:

Why was Ezekiel small when they all left the "Painting Dimension"? Larry was normal-sized. Maybe Dorothy's effect had worn off at that point? Because she was the one who enlarged Ezekiel and Whispers...
    (It looks like TV Dorothy Spinner can alter reality even more than Mr. Nobody or Flex)

Larry was normal because he didn't need to be inside Ezekiel to protect him from the radiation. (it was his radiation after all) That's about as much of an answer as I got.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Larry was normal because he didn't need to be inside Ezekiel to protect him from the radiation. (it was his radiation after all) That's about as much of an answer as I got.
    Yeah, it must be so.

BANNED

Think about it.
    No Season 2.
    STILL, there's already a terrific closure to the series. They just saved the most powerful being on planet Earth, Dorothy Spinner. She can change the world. It's the dawn of a new era for humankind.
    And they will be enlarged by Dorothy anyway...

God, this series is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Think about it.
    No Season 2.
    STILL, there's already a terrific closure to the series. They just saved the most powerful being on planet Earth, Dorothy Spinner. She can change the world. It's the dawn of a new era for humankind.
    And they will be enlarged by Dorothy anyway...

God, this series is the best.
    I read online yesterday that they said season 2 will air feb 2020. It was un update on a news page about DP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I read online yesterday that they said season 2 will air feb 2020. It was un update on a news page about DP
    Fingers crossed.