Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Question:

I truly hate flashbacks from previous seasons or replay of scenes which we ALREADY experienced in previous episodes. I would like to know: are the first 3 episodes of DP Season 2 lacking any "flashback" or "replay" (RECAPS AT THE BEGINNING APART). Thanks... thank you.
    If I understand your question correctly, no there are no replays of scenes we have already seen. There are a few flashbacks to moments in the characters' history and I think a few replays of Cliff's accident but that's it

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I was worried that Mr Nobody being missing would ruin the show, but I was pleasantly surprised
    I've only watched episode 1 so far but I don't know that I agree. Don't get me wrong I think it's awesome, but I think what it's lacking without mr nobody is that element of humour that just takes away from the seriousness of the drama. It was the elements he brought to the show of the show not taking itself seriously that just cut into the depth of the drama enough to give just that extra shine. His absence changes the feel of the show just a little still good it just brings a little out of the stratosphere

Astonishing Member

This show is back and better than ever! Season 2 is just as zany and edgy as season one but it hasn’t lost its handle of the characters.

And man, the visuals are so good. This show is easily one of the best looking shows on right now. HBO Max has definitely spent quite a bit on the show since the VFX has improved, and the writing is better than ever. I hope there’s a season 3.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 06-29-2020 at 04:22 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Guess I jumped the gun.
    The querky humor is still there just in different doses.
    I laughed so hard at the roller rink in Dr Tyme's time capsule.

Just how many reality warping psychopaths can one man piss off in a lifetime? Even if he is over a 100.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    If I understand your question correctly, no there are no replays of scenes we have already seen. There are a few flashbacks to moments in the characters' history and I think a few replays of Cliff's accident but that's it
    That's what I'm afraid of... previously UNSEEN/never seen before flashbacks to their histories, or scenes culled straight from the first season? And where are they placed in the episode? Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    That's what I'm afraid of... previously UNSEEN/never seen before flashbacks to their histories, or scenes culled straight from the first season? And where are they placed in the episode? Thank you so much.
    For the most part previously UNSEEN/never seen before flashbacks to parts of their history not yet shown. There was about 5 seconds of Cliff having a dream of his accident and another 5 seconds of him seeing Chief work on him in the same dream. It was all due to him dealling with the feelings of k NJ knowing the Chief caused his accident and led into an emotional outburst.

Honestly it made sense for where it was put, as it would be the sort of thing thise feelings would dredge up

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I binged the three episodes. Still love this show and Cliff continues to be my favorite. I hope he makes up for ruining his daughter's baby shower because man that was a tough watch.

How the hell has Dorothy been 11 years old for 90 years? Do people not age when they live in Danny?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I'm glad there's no Nobody this season. It was kind of too much last season and was tolerable only because there was a point to it.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Retired

Dorothy is immortal (or at least very long lived, so she must age slowly). This is why the Chief was looking for immortality, so he could be around to protect the world and Dorothy from each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I binged the three episodes. Still love this show and Cliff continues to be my favorite. I hope he makes up for ruining his daughter's baby shower because man that was a tough watch.

How the hell has Dorothy been 11 years old for 90 years? Do people not age when they live in Danny?
    I guess Dorothy is born in 1914 or 1915, so she would be 13 or 12 in 1927.
    She's immortal, and her aging process is EXTREMELY slowed down.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    For the most part previously UNSEEN/never seen before flashbacks to parts of their history not yet shown. There was about 5 seconds of Cliff having a dream of his accident and another 5 seconds of him seeing Chief work on him in the same dream. It was all due to him dealling with the feelings of k NJ knowing the Chief caused his accident and led into an emotional outburst.

Honestly it made sense for where it was put, as it would be the sort of thing thise feelings would dredge up
    Thank you so much, that's perfect!

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Cool seeing a live-action version of Dr. Tyme. Who knew he was a roller disco fiend?

First appearance was in DOOM PATROL #92.

DP92Tyme.jpg

Incredible Member

Does anyone else wish that Larry could be bisexual like he was in the comics? I think he and Rita have amazing chemistry and I wish they could get together (in some way, since he can't exactly touch her or anything, which would make for another good conflict)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm fine with their relationship being the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm fine with their relationship being the way it is.
    Me as well. Romantic / sexual partnership doesn't have to be the end-all-be-all. They have a great relationship.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I've been blown away with how great Dorothy's acting has been, but I just learned the actor is about 20. Now I'm sorta blown away for different reasons.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier