Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

Retired

I did not know that about Dorothy. I thought she was played by a little girl. So her singing seemed unreal.

Rita and Larry will always be frustrated. It's an ongoing thing with all the main characters that they can't get what they want--but if they try sometimes they get what they need. Rita may want Larry but she can never have him. Larry can never have anyone. Cliff can never have his daughter. The Chief can never find the immortality he seeks to safeguard his daughter. Vic can never be at home in his body. Jane can never be at home in her mind.

I was worried after episode one that we would really miss Mr Nobody this season the comedy that he brought to the show to offset the intense drama was just perfect. His presence portrayed perfectly that the show didn't take itself to seriously.

Episode 1 was Super serious, 2, 3 and 4 had enough humour that I think we're ok.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I want to see more of the sex men. They were a very fun ghostbusters parody.

This episode gave me the impression that the chief treating Dorothy as a child is why she's eternally 11 years old.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 07-04-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I want to see more of the sex men. They were a very fun ghostbusters parody.

This episode gave me the impression that the chief treating Dorothy as a child is why she's eternal 11 years old.
    Hadnt thought of that, but its a good point.
    She does seem to be able to aggect reality so her perception of herself probably has a large part to play in how she actually is

This episode made me think that Dorothy would have been just fine if Chief had just let her live among the Dannyzens and have a street full of loving supportive friends. I'm sure they would have shielded her from "adult stuff" if they had been asked to. Chief obviously loves her, but his mistakes seem more and more insane. Keep in mind Chief had the monkey paw thing to grant him a super long life and rather than chosing to spend that time with Dorothy teaching her to control her powers and make sure she could handle them, he spent it locking her up, chiding her at almost every turn and wasting time trying to find true immmortality.

Where is the Negative Spirit? Larry hasn't used him at times when he could have - to let him down from the hooks in Red Jack's dungeon, and to help with the sex demon birth. The Neg being was probably immune from the sex energy, but Larry didn't even think to unleash him?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Danny didn't seem to want her there. Not very supportive. Plus, he knew he couldn't be more than a prison for her. It really doesn't matter how many of the Dannyzens supported her-- it's still a prison. And well, now the point is moot.

I don't think "fine" is something Dorothy can ever know, and it's no one's fault.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Danny didn't seem to want her there. Not very supportive. Plus, he knew he couldn't be more than a prison for her. It really doesn't matter how many of the Dannyzens supported her-- it's still a prison. And well, now the point is moot.

I don't think "fine" is something Dorothy can ever know, and it's no one's fault.
    The point is if she had been allowed to mingle and socialize it wouldnt have been
    Mixing with the denizens who would have been supportive to her she would have had them as friemds amd not needed her omagimartnfriemds and their bad influence

I won't really be happy with this season unless we see more Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    The point is if she had been allowed to mingle and socialize it wouldnt have been
    Mixing with the denizens who would have been supportive to her she would have had them as friemds amd not needed her omagimartnfriemds and their bad influence
    Still a prison, regardless of how big. Imagine being confined to such a small area interacting with the same people for-basically-ever.

And it's moot. Danny didn't want to be a street anymore. The world is where Dannyzens belong.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 07-06-2020 at 02:35 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

Still a prison, regardless of how big. Imagine being confined to such a small area interacting with the same people for-basically-ever.

And it's moot. Danny didn't want to be a street anymore. The world is where Dannyzens belong.
    Danny was a refuge, not a prison for the denizens. That's what he would have been for Dorothy if she was allowed to freely move his street. She only craved interaction. Had she had that she would have grown emotionally and have reached the point long ago that she wasnim control and not a threat and been able to interact with the larger world.

Danny became a prison for her rather than a refuge because she was confined within a limited part of Danny away from the others

It's pretty clear that Dorothy does not have the same options the Dannyzens had. It's even a risk for her to be amongst the Doom Patrol. And ultimately, she wouldn't have been happy with the street. It would have a prison for her, just a bigger one.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

It's pretty clear that Dorothy does not have the same options the Dannyzens had. It's even a risk for her to be amongst the Doom Patrol. And ultimately, she wouldn't have been happy with the street. It would have a prison for her, just a bigger one.
    The Dannyzens seem pretty happy never leaving, and Dorothy knows what it's like out there amongst "the norms." Also, Chief could have stayed with her with his extremely long life once he had the monkey paw,(was that before or after he met Dorothy?) but he had to go out and try to find "true immortality." But I guess we'll never know if that would have worked out ...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-08-2020 at 12:26 PM.

It doesn't matter what the Dannyzen's were happy with, but no, they were not happy there; they settled there because they had no choice. All refuges are prisons. And no, Dorothy doesn't want what they had.

Biggest of all, Danny the Street was a prison for Danny, himself.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 07-08-2020 at 02:47 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The Dannyzens seem pretty happy never leaving, and Dorothy knows what it's like out there amongst "the norms." Also, Chief could have stayed with her with his extremely long life once he had the monkey paw,(was that before or after he met Dorothy?) but he had to go out and try to find "true immortality." But I guess we'll never know if that would have worked out ...
    To the Danneyzens Danny was a refuge. Even under the best of circumstances Danny wouldn't have been that for Dorothy.

BANNED

I've not watched the 4 episodes yet, but I hope they will explain:

1- The Negative Spirit's powers. He's superstrong, he can fly, he can be "absorbed" by electric devices (disrupting them in the process), he can also open "exit doors" inside pocket dimensions... well, he cannot pass through objects or walls. Oh, and he can create the Dreamworld thing inside Larry's mind. Am I right?

2- Why have Victor Stone's mother and Joshua Clay/Tempest super-longevity as well?

3- Can Dorothy do whatever she wants? She's basically the ultimate metahuman, right? She can warp and alter reality to the nth degree...