Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

I'm not exactly onboard with the Vic storyline. This woman didn't just "have a past," she committed war crimes.

Retired

For me, episode 5 finally got to where the second season should have been all along. But this season only has nine episodes and we should have gotten to this point a lot sooner. The previous season had fifteen episodes and the first five episodes delivered a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    For me, episode 5 finally got to where the second season should have been all along. But this season only has nine episodes and we should have gotten to this point a lot sooner. The previous season had fifteen episodes and the first five episodes delivered a lot more.
    Are you serios????
    Why so few episodes?
    It doesn't look like they have spent any more on effects per ep so its not to do it within budget

Retired

It was supposed to be ten episodes, but they couldn't finish the final episode on account of the pandemic. It seems to me that while some episodes have great effects, there are other places where they could have added more effects (but maybe couldn't because they had to shut down post-production, too).

Maybe the shortened season is on account of D.C. Universe being uncertain how long it might still be around. And, as I understand it, H.B.O. added DOOM PATROL to their service at the last minute--too late for anymore production to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    It's pretty clear that Dorothy does not have the same options the Dannyzens had. It's even a risk for her to be amongst the Doom Patrol. And ultimately, she wouldn't have been happy with the street. It would have a prison for her, just a bigger one.
    In would be no more of a prison than any child experiences at that age. I didn't let my children go further than a street or so away from home without someone with them when they were young. I slowly gave them more autonamy as they proved they could handle it. it's the natural development of a child that all parents would follow. I live in a complex, my kids up to 5 or 6 would only be allowed to go somewhere supervised. At 7, 8 and 9 they could go to the nearby park (within the complex) without supervision. My eldest (13) I bow allow to go outside of the immediate area (the equivalent of the Street, that Danny would be) without supervision but onlynwith her phone so I can reach her. My middle child (11) I only allow to do so with his older sister (becasue hebhas shown he doesnt have the street smarts of his sister).
    Dorothy is physically 11 she is at an age where she would not be allowed to do anything more in the real world or real family situation thesn she could do if she was able to Traverse the entirety of Danny's Street. That's not a prison it might be a prison for an adult but it is exactly what every child has through that stage of their development
    keeping her trapped in a room underneath the street very much is a prison and is completely different. Giving a child levels of increased autonomy and resposnibilitt etc is how they develop. she can never develop Beyond the child like state/attitude she has because she's not been given the opportunity
    Had that been done she could by now possibly freely roam the world as she would have developed emotionally the way all children do. She might have in fact already have developed into an adult after her 100 + years on Danny Street because emotionally she would have developed that way my presumption is she keeps herself as a child because that is how she sees herself

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I want to thank candlemaker for getting rid of Jane's most annoying personality.

I need more Steele and Stone in my life.

Incredible Member

A Steele & Stone tv series would be lit

So is Cliff just collecting fingers now?

I loved hoe Steele and Stone was so 70s TV cop show like, given Vic was Supposed to be made Robotman in the early 80s

Retired

It makes sense for Cliff to imagine that Steele and Stone series, as he would have watched those kinds of T.V. shows in the 1970s. For Vic, it wouldn't make sense as (I assume) he wasn't even born back then.

I wish that Negative Woman would stick around. She a great contrast to Larry. Hope this won't be the last we see of her.

Would it hurt the chief to not be an ******* for once?

"Doctor Larry Trainor" cracked me up

Retired

I was literally laughing out loud.

- Happy to see Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man pop up in some form. Glad that Denise was able to turn around their fortune with her book after their arrest last season. And hey - KITE-MAN loves Denise's book!! Hell yeah! (that and the Mr Nobody/Alan Tudyk reference plus pop-up ad makes two references to the Harley Quinn show this ep - love corporate synergy as meta jokes)

And apparently two of Jane's personas read it too for their book club.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-24-2020 at 10:23 PM.

I'm confused on Denise with Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man. Is that the name of the dinosaur head?

Glad to see Clara come around. Hopefully Cliff will get some closure.