Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Season 3 ended on a high note. Looks like the group will actually become a superhero team next season. I had a laugh at Cliff wanting to call them Doom Force and wanting them to have costumes with tons of pockets.

I'm disappointed they killed off Brain. He was underutilized imo. He a likeable asshole on this show.

Rouge becoming a member will be interesting. Rita clearly hasn't forgiven her and probably still look for reasons to kill her.

I want Beast Boy for next season.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Season 3 ended on a high note. Looks like the group will actually become a superhero team next season. I had a laugh at Cliff wanting to call them Doom Force and wanting them to have costumes with tons of pockets.

I'm disappointed they killed off Brain. He was underutilized imo. He a likeable asshole on this show.

Rouge becoming a member will be interesting. Rita clearly hasn't forgiven her and probably still look for reasons to kill her.

Great in joke about Doom Force. They add so many references to past runs its ridiculous! Here's hoping that they get around to introducing the Scissormen to the show. I would also like to see Codpiece in Season 4 as he would be a good one off foe for the team.

I wish they didn't kill off The Brain either but I was thinking that may Mallah could probably engineer an "accident" and create a new version of The Brain with someone else.

Looking forward to the new developments with Rouge.

Lastly hope they great around to introducing elements from John Arcudi and Keith Giffen's run. The Aristocrats would make great foes in Season 4 as well. Maybe they can have some ties to Rouge or Caulder.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Wait, that was the finale!! I thought we were getting 13 episodes this time!!

Enjoyed the finale then! Rita finally in fully on Elasti-Girl mode. It took awhile, but felt very organic.
    I also loved Cliff's comment about costumes with lots of pockets!

How does Vic get back to full on Cyborg mode? I'll also take Beast Boy next season, he is grossly underused on "that Gotham show" he's currently appearing.

Brain coming back somehow, someway will not surprise me. Mallah is still out there and he may be involved.

What about Dorothy? What about Danny the Street? Two other plot points I hope are revisited, Dorothy moreso cause we did get Danny reborn.

Cliff back into a Robotman-sized body? That has to happen obviously.
    Also, Niles/Chief, he has to resurface...dead or not. Past, present or future.

Good finale for Doom Force!!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Enjoyed the finale then! Rita finally in fully on Elasti-Girl mode. It took awhile, but felt very organic.

How does Vic get back to full on Cyborg mode? I'll also take Beast Boy next season, he is grossly underused on "that Gotham show" he's currently appearing.

Brain coming back somehow, someway will not surprise me. Mallah is still out there and he may be involved.

What about Dorothy? What about Danny the Street? Two other plot points I hope are revisited, Dorothy moreso cause we did get Danny reborn.

Dorothy could show up in the Dead Boy Detectives show if the plan isn't to bring her back.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Cliff in a giant sized robot body was funny. I wasn't expecting Cliff to be turned into Rog. Maybe they'll get around to introducing Will Magnus of The Metal Men fame.

Mighty Member

Good finale, good season, even if I feel a bit iffy about Rouge joining the team. It's nice that Rita didn't immediately forgive her. Disappointed she seemingly killed the Brain, but it's also something that could be retconned, I guess.

I also loved the callback with Cliff and Rita when she stopped his "rampage". It went full circle.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Just how outrageous was Madame Rogue’s shapeshifting abilities? And will it get even crazier next season?

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Just how outrageous was Madame Rogue’s shapeshifting abilities? And will it get even crazier next season?
    She didn't do much other than shift into birds and people on occasion.

She didn't do much other than shift into birds and people on occasion.
    Next season tho, Most likely it's gonna get wackier

This season was way too short. We needed more Brain and Mallah. I was expecting more from Mallah, but, well, CGI and all that. At least we're getting more Rouge.

This really was Rita's season. Everyone got interesting plotlines, but Rita felt like her character progressed the most (even though it was weird her clothes grew with her). Jane is in an interesting spot, I wonder how that will turn out.

That would be awesome, but then it would be annoying if the Doom Patrol Beast Boy is so much better than the one on Titans (which it would inevitably be).

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    Great in joke about Doom Force. They add so many references to past runs its ridiculous! Here's hoping that they get around to introducing the Scissormen to the show. I would also like to see Codpiece in Season 4 as he would be a good one off foe for the team.
    Scissormen might work better in print and word balloons, but I'd welcome seeing them on the show.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Wonder if Season 4 will actually introduce the DOOM FORCE team from the comics?

DoomForceSpecial.jpg

I’m still amazed that I’m actually watching a Doom Patrol show. I’ve spent 20 years of my life dreaming of a live action Doom Patrol and to have it finally happen and to have it be so true to the source material is just unbelievable.

This was yet another brilliant season. In the comics Rita is the most underdeveloped dP member so having her be the focal point of season 3 was fantastic.

Mighty Member

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Bring the strangeness on once again!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime