Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Can’t wait!!!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Can’t wait!!!!
    I seen Codpiece!!! Yes! Now I'm wondering as to how Mr. 105 will be reimagined on this show???

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    I seen Codpiece!!! Yes! Now I'm wondering as to how Mr. 105 will be reimagined on this show???
    Haha Codpiece making an appearance!

I loved seeing that Immortus is some huge underlying plot. General Immortus was their first villain so it’s a very cool call back.

I'm liking this season already. I was beginning to feel like there wasn't anywhere else to go with these characters, especially considering how emotionally impactful the first two seasons were. (Dorothy carried a lot of that in S2) But I think these new storylines are a great starting point. Michelle Gomez is awesome and although Madame Rouge has been toned down so far, her simple "I'm sorry" to Cliff after realizing that she turned him into a weapon spoke tons about her character arc.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-11-2022 at 03:53 PM.

Fantastic Member

I seen the latest episode entitled Nostalgia Patrol and here some SPOILERS.

The episode was kinda slow moving. The main plot revolved around Rita attending a film at the local theater. We learn that it's not really a film and some strange green gas emerges from it and takes Rita into the movie. When the team tries to rescue her they end up captured in the film and placed in a cage. It's revealed that the film was a complex scheme to steal Rita's emotions by a villain named Dr Janis. She's aided by Mr 105 who's far different than his comic book counterpart. Larry's Negative being saves the day and they find themselves back in the regular world but Rita is unconscious.

Next Week's episode is a Dorothy Spinner centered story and she has an adventure with Casey Brinke.

The name IMMORTUS is coming up a lot. I can't wait to see how they reimagine General Immortus.

I felt bad for Cliff, he wanted to be able to touch his grandson and ended up getting the sense of touch just in time to kill a zombie who accepted his fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    The episode was kinda slow moving.
    I think the subplot with Vic and his friends slowed it down somewhat. I liked the plot, Vic connecting with his human side and all, but it was a bit of a departure from the usual Doom Patrol wackiness.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I think the subplot with Vic and his friends slowed it down somewhat. I liked the plot, Vic connecting with his human side and all, but it was a bit of a departure from the usual Doom Patrol wackiness.
    I'm fine with this series occasionally veering into more conventional storytelling. The comics tried to one-up Morrison all the time and it became weird for the sake of being weird with no break. Next week certainly seems like it will give us some good ol' strangeness.

double post....
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-18-2022 at 11:24 AM.

So is this show on a hiatus until the second half starts airing? When's that supposed to be? I can never keep track of how HBOMAX does things.

Is it just me, or is Mr 104 really giving off strong David Tennant vibes?

Oh, and I guess the show's been cancelled. I'll be sad to see it go, but I think it had a great run and it was losing steam, despite Michelle Gomez doing a great job injecting new life into the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is it just me, or is Mr 104 really giving off strong David Tennant vibes?

Oh, and I guess the show's been cancelled. I'll be sad to see it go, but I think it had a great run and it was losing steam, despite Michelle Gomez doing a great job injecting new life into the cast.
    So Doom Patrol and Titans are both ending.

Anybody actually think that Superman and Lois will be renewed? Or that Gotham Knights will last more than one season? It's pretty clear that Gunn is clearing house, and all current shows will be on the chopping block.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So Doom Patrol and Titans are both ending.

Anybody actually think that Superman and Lois will be renewed? Or that Gotham Knights will last more than one season? It's pretty clear that Gunn is clearing house, and all current shows will be on the chopping block.
    He actually said today that the decision to end Titans and Doom Patrol came down before he and Safran took over.

Still dunno when this is on in the UK, as STARZplay turned into Lionsgate+ and there’s no sign of it yet.