Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The ageing for Cliff, Larry, Rita and Jane makes sense--their afflictions explain why their age isn't visible. But the Chief was around in all those periods and doesn't seem to have aged since the 1980s--so he must have an affliction as well, or is time not passing normally in Doom Manor?

I like the different time periods because it lets each character have their own ambience in the flashbacks. The 1950s makes sense for a classic film actress. The 1960s makes sense for a hotshot jet pilot. The 1970s rings true for the far-out Crazy Jane. Leaving the 1980s for Cliff.

Lots of opportunity for set design and costuming.

What doesn't make sense is why Jane and Cliff met so late, when they both seem to have been in the house at the same time--this leads me to think that there's weird stuff going on inside the house which would explain how their ships never passed in the night.
    Does that leave the 90's for Cyborg? Would explain the urban influence lol

Anyway this show is phenomenal! Great cast! Intriguing storyline, unique style, it has it all! This show has made me a Doom Patrol fan and now I'm going to have to go out and binge some of their comics.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    That was a dope first episode and it was cool to see this scene

I totally forgot that scene - thanks for posting it!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Does that leave the 90's for Cyborg? Would explain the urban influence lol

Anyway this show is phenomenal! Great cast! Intriguing storyline, unique style, it has it all! This show has made me a Doom Patrol fan and now I'm going to have to go out and binge some of their comics.
    Rita - The 50s
    Larry - The 60s
    Jane - The 70s
    Cliff - The 80s
    Victor - The 90s
    ??? - The 00s
    Beast Boy - 2010s

Retired

Mr. Nobody - The 40s

Personal Cool note the TV Robot-Man was watching was the same model my family had as a kid.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Why? Because the cast needed a minority character. Simple as that, and to hell with anything even remotely resembling continuity from the original comics.
    Aww. Who hurt you bro...who hurt you..?!

Anyway...great start. I have been looking forward to the show following the trailers and i dug it.

Ultimate Member

Has there been any mention of the potentially temperature-manipulating character seen in the Titans episode? (Who I was thinking might be the introduction of Celsius/Arani.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Has there been any mention of the potentially temperature-manipulating character seen in the Titans episode? (Who I was thinking might be the introduction of Celsius/Arani.)
    No. The closest we get is chief saying many people came and went throughout the years. She likely didn't stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    While I liked that each character belongs to a different time period (but what about the Chief?)
    It wouldn't surprise me if the Chief tuns out to be way older than the rest. I also expect his little mystery trips have something to do with his longevity.

Mighty Member

Another great episode. Really liking this show.

Retired

I just hope this isn't the last we've seen of Donkey.

I'm surprised that Robotman and Cyborg didn't resonate with each other. Also, Cyborg doesn't seem to have his motherbox origin in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm surprised that Robotman and Cyborg didn't resonate with each other. Also, Cyborg doesn't seem to have his motherbox origin in this.
    There is sill time for either to be revealed.

This was another good episode indeed. It's funny how I lastched on to these characters so quickly in one episode by the time episode 2 dropped and I didn't feel we needed Cybrog. That being said I let the episode play out and Cy was cool, I wanna see more to get a better feel for this version but not a bad first impression and his dad was the perfect slimeball. I only just saw Cy's actor for the first time months ago cataching up on Doctor Who so I'm super surprised to see him in this role; good for him.

I cancelled my sub after watching the second ep, but I'll be back.

Retired

I gather that we will only get a little of Timothy Dalton in each episode. I can understand why, since he probably has other things to do. I imagine bringing in other characters is a way to fill the void left by his absence.

This take on Cyborg felt right to me and made more sense of the character than anything else recently. It explains why he can be so much younger in his looks and yet be around for quite some time. And it makes sense of why he would be in the Justice League--just not right at the formation of the League--because that's the aspirational goal that's been set for him by his father.

I like this Cyborg, but 2 episodes in, I'm already getting tired of the whole "trying to get Crazy Jane to behave" schtick. They really have to start doing something more interesting with her than just having her flip personalities every 20 seconds, or I'm giving up on this.
    Live true or lie well.