Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm surprised that Robotman and Cyborg didn't resonate with each other. Also, Cyborg doesn't seem to have his motherbox origin in this.
    I for one am glad they don't have to use the DCEU origin here. Cyborg worked well for decades without it before and makes his origin a lot more complicated and tied into another mythology.

And I am glad the writers aren't going the expected route with Cliff an Vic just because there's a certain similarity in their situations. Having tech in their bodies is the only real connection, but each team member has certain things in common with each other team member in terms of loss of their humanity, becoming a freak, not being in control, etc. Vic doesn't seem to have the same issues, but he might have a similarity to the "circus freaks" in terms of how they relate to their father (or father figure). It's interesting that Vic and Chief actually seem close. (I guess because they don't have a father/child dynamic - he's more the "fun uncle" to Vic. I just can't wait for Dr Magnus to show up too )

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    I like this Cyborg, but 2 episodes in, I'm already getting tired of the whole "trying to get Crazy Jane to behave" schtick. They really have to start doing something more interesting with her than just having her flip personalities every 20 seconds, or I'm giving up on this.
    I agree with that. It's one of those things that makes you wonder "I hope this isn't all you've got..". It's still early, but I guess it's the length of the episode which make them more glaring as opposed to maybe noticing it by episode 4 or 5 in a 22 min episode.

Incredible Member

I didn’t expect the fourth-wall breaking. That was a cool surprise. I've never read Doom Patrol, do the comics break the fourth wall?

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    I didn’t expect the fourth-wall breaking. That was a cool surprise. I've never read Doom Patrol, do the comics break the fourth wall?
    Yes, if i remeber it correctly.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Is Mr. Nobody a reality warper?

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    They've done it, but it's not their regular schtick, the way it is with some other comics. It's more often meta or self-referential than literally breaking the 4th wall and addressing the reader.

Retired

My understanding of Mr. Nobody is that he's not bound to three dimensional space. So he can literally break the fourth wall because of his powers.

I wonder is Danny the Street due to make an appearance--or has he already?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    My understanding of Mr. Nobody is that he's not bound to three dimensional space. So he can literally break the fourth wall because of his powers.

I wonder is Danny the Street due to make an appearance--or has he already?
    Doom Manor is located on Danny Street. Filed that under maybe.

Retired

I thought maybe the main street in the town is or will be Danny, given that this street plays such an important part in the first and second episodes. Maybe we're seeing Danny's origin story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I thought maybe the main street in the town is or will be Danny, given that this street plays such an important part in the first and second episodes. Maybe we're seeing Danny's origin story.
    According to this article, Danny Street was referenced in the Titans episode "Doom Patrol"

Titans' Latest Episode Hides the Perfect Doom Patrol Easter Egg

Retired

I haven't watched TITANS yet (except for the pilot episode). I was going to watch it before DOOM PATROL, but never got around to it. Now, I'm kinda happy I didn't, because it probably would have coloured my perception of the Doom Patrol in this series. But I might watch that series after this one has finished.

Love the show, but I have to admit that Jane is on my nerves.

This has quickly become my favourite superhero TV show of all time I love the depth of character that they have given to these characters in only two episodes and so hope it continues at this quality level

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Started episode one today. I love this show.

I like that Grid is the artificial intelligence within Cyborg. Nice inclusion.