Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus37 View Post
    I guess what bugs me is that everything he says is so predictable. He's just not interesting.
    Most people are. Most things are. Predictability to me is just another word for consistency. When it comes to media critics, which I believe Bernardin to be (even if he may not call himself that), predictability is a virtue because it's how you develop trust with your viewers. Hell, Kevin Smith is a walking poster child for predictability. He's practically a cartoon character. But that's why we love him.

The episode with that part where Grant breaks down how he views Batman's history, like his age and goes through each decade, that's good stuff.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Most people are. Most things are. Predictability to me is just another word for consistency. When it comes to media critics, which I believe Bernardin to be (even if he may not call himself that), predictability is a virtue because it's how you develop trust with your viewers. Hell, Kevin Smith is a walking poster child for predictability. He's practically a cartoon character. But that's why we love him.
    Yeah but all of his opinions are popular ones. Now I admit I haven' listened in a while but I've never heard him go against the grain once. I agree if Kevin gets out of interview mode that he's pretty bad too.

So you made a thread to basically attack Mark Bernardin? It is not even called Fatman on Batman anymore it is called Fatman Beyond. Kevin moved the format from interview show to a nerd pop culture. Mark Bernadin didn't ruin anything the show just evolved into something different. I am not going to say much more because I am not trying to get banned from this site

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    I need to go back and listen to them all, honestly only heard the Grant Morrison episode (and wept openly whilst listening). Huge fan of Kevin, too.
    Same, re-listen to it every once in a while to get inspired. I also loved the episode where Smith is reading JLA Rock of Ages out loud, I just love his love for superhero comics

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So you made a thread to basically attack Mark Bernardin? It is not even called Fatman on Batman anymore it is called Fatman Beyond. Kevin moved the format from interview show to a nerd pop culture. Mark Bernadin didn't ruin anything the show just evolved into something different. I am not going to say much more because I am not trying to get banned from this site
    Criticizing Bernardin has everything to do with his opinions, his super boring conventional opinions that ruined a great show.
    Last edited by Orpheus37; 02-11-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus37 View Post
    Criticizing Bernardin has everything to do with his opinions, his super boring conventional opinions that ruined a great show.
    Once again check out what everyone say that love in this thread the interview with creators and focus comic stuff. Guess what Fatman Beyond isn't a interview show or breakdown of comic movie/show. It is two part format show where they talk about pop culture most comic related news and Q & A where fans ask for their opinions on fan base stuff.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-12-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    The episode with that part where Grant breaks down how he views Batman's history, like his age and goes through each decade, that's good stuff.
    I wish DC would use that as the actual blueprint for Batman's history. At least then it would make sense.
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    My dear god was it epic. He broke it down so perfectly. Everything--from the 40's onward, including the 60's TV show--had its place and fit perfectly (I love the in-universe explanation for the goofy 50's and 60's stories).
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

I've never met Kevin but it hit me like a close friend when he was hospitalized, and as a guy with heart issues myself I literally shed a tear when I saw how great he looked after the weight loss. I genuinely like the guy as a human being just based on what I've seen of him, and I truly LOVE his respect for this artform we all love so much.

double post
    Last edited by Montressor; 02-15-2019 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    My dear god was it epic. He broke it down so perfectly. Everything--from the 40's onward, including the 60's TV show--had its place and fit perfectly (I love the in-universe explanation for the goofy 50's and 60's stories).
    Yes sir it was great. Loved the 60's explanation as well I also loved the part when he's talking about Robin first coming along, and how they weren't just partners, they were brothers. He was digging deep in the Bat legend.