Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Could Cale be a good villain? One that isn’t a Luthor?
    Prior to Flashpoint, I felt Cale was a far more interesting character. Her targeting Diana didn't have anything to do with family trauma, it was all about how she had to work her way up the ladder in a male dominated world and her feeling that Wonder Woman being given on a silver platter [from Cale's view] all the things Veronica had to fight for made Diana a fraud.

That seems to have been lost in the new version, who is basically just lashing out because of suffering from unbalanced mother syndrome. She doesn't have a plan beyond making Diana's life miserable. As a motivation it seems pretty 2 dimensional.

And I still can't get over how Nemesis is drawn here. I know I said Fourth World, but now I am thinking it's more like what a fourteen year old would come up with for a Superhero role playing game.
    Last edited by brettc1; 02-10-2019 at 01:26 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Nemesis looks like a Star Wars alien.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Book is on a roll IMO. Enjoying all of the artists. Wilson is using ideas from previous runs; that ought to be a given, but for this title it's a godsend. Tone of the past few issues has been appropriately whimsical/fantastic, a good fit for the character.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

A bunch of messages have been moved to the Wonder Woman 64 Review thread. This thread should be reserved for the Preview only.

Thanks
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!