Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I warned you there was no defence against bad writing. Poor Chamber.
    Yes, you did! It was such a perfect statement

All-New Member

2019: Generation X's 25th Anniversary. What better way to celebrate then by killing off the last surviving male student (and totally trashing his character in the process)? Anway, I'm not anticipating any resurrections by the end of this run but I'm tentatively optimistic that we haven't seen the last of my beloved Jono. Personally, I'd like to think he faked his own death (a la Generation Next) in order to escape the blood-drenched doomfest that Uncanny has become....

ugh I hadn't realized its the 25th anniversary this year, would it be too much ask for a 3rd Gen X volume with the actual original cast this time?

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    ugh I hadn't realized its the 25th anniversary this year, would it be too much ask for a 3rd Gen X volume with the actual original cast this time?
    Apparently for Marvel, yes. Didn’t they forget about the other anniversaries? I would very happy to have a volume that had the original cast that wasn’t marketed as the class of losers.

Well, I read the all War of the Realms tie-ins and Chamber does a whole lot of nothing. I think he got like one line per issue. Really, what’s the point of using a character that isn’t going to do anything? Shame, there was so much potential with that Morlock plot line.

I think what really bothers me too, is how little Emma seemed to care that her own student got killed.

Fan art of my favorite Chamber moment...

BOOK COVER.jpg

That Gen X reboot was a travesty. Couldn't believe they basically grabbed someone off the street and gave them a brand new #1 -- and of GEN X at that...one of the most beloved X-Men series of all time.

I liked the girl with the antlers, but everything else was tragic. The art was so hideous (IMO). It was like bad Aeon Flux drawings.

^nice art! I don't recall the moment though, is that when Husk was drunk and she kisses Jono? I don't recall her pulling his scarf. Also is that Harry Potter font, lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Well, I read the all War of the Realms tie-ins and Chamber does a whole lot of nothing. I think he got like one line per issue. Really, what’s the point of using a character that isn’t going to do anything? Shame, there was so much potential with that Morlock plot line.

I think what really bothers me too, is how little Emma seemed to care that her own student got killed.
    and he got to take his shirt off. Im sure he reeeeeally enjoyed standing shirtless next to all the other perfect buff bod X-guys. His self consciousness must have been on overdrive.

ugh yeah Im sure the editors dont even remember that Jono was her student...

Considering how much Rosenberg despises Emma, I'm surprised she didn't gloat over it while skinning an orphan.

@Evil Means: Thanks for sharing! Like the book cover idea.

Honestly, I didn’t like the run, myself. I didn’t mind the art, but I was disappointed with Jono always wearing the scarf. There are a whole load of issues that I have with the run overall.

@jawbreaker: lol I was thinking the same thing! Poor guy. Interestingly enough, they all wear the same type of plain undies.

You know, it really does seem like they don’t even remember that Generation X was a thing. It almost feels like they seem to think he first appeared in the Casey run. XP I was very surprised to read that Hickman was a fan of Generation X. Hopefully he does good things with Monet and Paige while we all mope about Chamber.

@PsychoEFrost: What’s his problem with the character? I know Emma looks out for Number 1, but that was WAY too much. She actually does care about other people, Rosenberg! She’s pretty much Evil(TM) in this run. So much character development was just flushed down the toilet. It’s a shame too, because I was actually enjoying it in its first issues after Disassembled... But then it just took nose dive.
    Last edited by Rufio; 07-06-2019 at 05:12 PM.

@Evil Means: Thanks for sharing! Like the book cover idea.

Honestly, I didn’t like the run, myself. I didn’t mind the art, but I was disappointed with Jono always wearing the scarf. There are a whole load of issues that I have with the run overall.

@jawbreaker: lol I was thinking the same thing! Poor guy. Interestingly enough, they all wear the same type of plain undies.

You know, it really does seem like they don’t even remember that Generation X was a thing. It almost feels like they seem to think he first appeared in the Casey run. XP I was very surprised to read that Hickman was a fan of Generation X. Hopefully he does good things with Monet and Paige while we all mope about Chamber.

@PsychoEFrost: What’s his problem with the character? I know Emma looks out for Number 1, but that was WAY too much. She actually does care about other people, Rosenberg! She’s pretty much Evil(TM) in this run. So much character development was just flushed down the toilet. It’s a shame too, because I was actually enjoying it in its first issues after Disassembled... But then it just took nose dive.
    Rosenberg is part of the contingent that believe too many of the good X-Villains have become good guys, so he reverses their course whenever possible (Magneto, Mystique, Sabertooth, Emma).

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Rosenberg is part of the contingent that believe too many of the good X-Villains have become good guys, so he reverses their course whenever possible (Magneto, Mystique, Sabertooth, Emma).
    I’m just going to sit here and embrace the sadness of the truth.
    Also everyone must be a jerkass to Scott, apparently. It is trufax, because Rosenberg has written it to be so.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Means View Post
    Fan art of my favorite Chamber moment...

BOOK COVER.jpg
    Good job Dude!!
    i wish we had gotten more Drunk Paige...
    That Gen X reboot was a travesty. Couldn't believe they basically grabbed someone off the street and gave them a brand new #1 -- and of GEN X at that...one of the most beloved X-Men series of all time .
    she came with some nerd cred tho right?
    its especially puzzling why GenX is ignored considering issue 1 was one of the top sellers in 1994

It was like bad Aeon Flux drawings.
    Ha it really was

and he got to take his shirt off. Im sure he reeeeeally enjoyed standing shirtless next to all the other perfect buff bod X-guys. His self consciousness must have been on overdrive.
    Well Chamber made it with Cannonballs lil sister Husk, and a pop Star... Havok with....a scaly Jean Grey clone...who had a kid and the school nurse...who also had a kid.. shouldn't beat himself up

Also everyone must be a jerkass to Scott, apparently. It is trufax, because Rosenberg has written it to be so.
    The character must practically write himself lol

^nice art! I don't recall the moment though, is that when Husk was drunk and she kisses Jono? I don't recall her pulling his scarf. Also is that Harry Potter font, lol?

ugh yeah Im sure the editors dont even remember that Jono was her student...

haha yeah -- they cut away to an exterior shot, so we never got to actually see her (attempt) to kiss him.

And yeah, I made it to look like a Harry Potter book.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Good job Dude!!
    i wish we had gotten more Drunk Paige...
    she came with some nerd cred tho right?
    its especially puzzling why GenX is ignored considering issue 1 was one of the top sellers in 1994
    Yeah, I wonder what might have been had Lobdell and Bachalo stayed on the book for longer than just like 25 issues. To this day, despite it not being any great achievement of comic book fiction, it's still one of my top 10 X-Men runs.