Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Chamber Appreciation 2019

Previous thread

I'm starting a new thread about Jono b/c the old one seems to be closed.

so apparently Jono is hanging out with the Morlocks now

I haven't had time to keep up with this latest storyline much (both due to time and the fact that I am sick to death of these AU storyline events.)I know Nate Grey made some fake utopian reality were mutants are happy(except not really) and Legion's involved somehow and then they all got into a big fight, and the X-men died. But not all of them? why are Chamber and Madrox not dead? is it only the X-men who actually fought that died?
    And why would Callisto let Jono run the Morlocks?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Everyone thinks the X-Men are dead because they've disappeared to this AU. Chamber wasn't there for the fight against Nate so they didn't get put into his AU. Only those Nate fought wound up there. Example, Jubilee & Monet went into battle against Nate, so they're the ones gone. Rogue & Gambit are will on their Honeymoon Space adventure, so they're not even on Earth right now. X-Force never went to the big battle, and are still doing their thing elsewhere.

Something is happening with Callisto because she's one of the villains on Scott's hit-list for Uncanny X-Men. So she may not even be around right now. In fact, I think the last time we saw her, she was in jail in X-Men Gold.

I love that Jono is the leader of the Morlocks, since it seemed he always belonged there. Well, I’d actually say that for all of Gen X except Monet and Jubilee. I hope that status quo goes on for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Everyone thinks the X-Men are dead because they've disappeared to this AU. Chamber wasn't there for the fight against Nate so they didn't get put into his AU. Only those Nate fought wound up there. Example, Jubilee & Monet went into battle against Nate, so they're the ones gone. Rogue & Gambit are will on their Honeymoon Space adventure, so they're not even on Earth right now. X-Force never went to the big battle, and are still doing their thing elsewhere.

Something is happening with Callisto because she's one of the villains on Scott's hit-list for Uncanny X-Men. So she may not even be around right now. In fact, I think the last time we saw her, she was in jail in X-Men Gold.
    I forgot, thanks for the explanation! I wonder if Jono will show up again in this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    I forgot, thanks for the explanation! I wonder if Jono will show up again in this arc.
    Man, I hope so. He was the reason I bought most of the first run of Generation X.

he's on the Uncanny #16 variant cover...don't know if that means he's in the cast though...

he's on the Uncanny #16 variant cover...don't know if that means he's in the cast though...
    I think he'll appear bc thats pretty random to just have him there out of the blue

Gotta love Jono. He’s the only guy who can place the hand of friendship upon your shoulder, and, in a musical British accent, tell you to piss off and actually make you want to do it. Case in point, in the next panel you can watch Scott as off he merrily pisses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Glad to know where Jono is. I had no idea what he was doing.

Why in marvel comics are people allowed to say wanker but not the F word? Wanker is a swear word in England.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Why in marvel comics are people allowed to say wanker but not the F word? Wanker is a swear word in England.
    That's not just Marvel.

In general, for whatever reason F-bombs and S-drops are the words that tend to be avoided, except in case of uncut R-rated films. Marvel, and television in general has no problem with swear words like ass, bitch, damn, and Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    yeah he has always butted heads with Scott. As for the swearing it is weird that wanker is used so much here in media, although lately Ive been hearing a hecka lot of f and s bombs on SyFY. They all cuss like sailors on The Magicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Gotta love Jono. He’s the only guy who can place the hand of friendship upon your shoulder, and, in a musical British accent, tell you to piss off and actually make you want to do it. Case in point, in the next panel you can watch Scott as off he merrily pisses.