Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Gonna ask again: Has Jono been to Asgard before? I know GenX did some dimension hopping, but I can't remember where they went. Not that there's any guarantee that he's in War of the Realms, or that those issues will take place in Asgard, but I'd love to see his reaction.
    oh sorry I totally skipped your question. I don't think so, the closest was that early Gen X issue where they go to that weird fairy realm when Banshee's family castle or whatever disappeared. Thanks for that twitter link, I more relieved to know that he's a fan though that still wouldn't means he won't kill him off as some writers do like to kill their darlings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think they appeared together briefly in Spurrier's Legacy run (with Legion).
    That and they first met right after he got depowered in that single infamous New Excalibur issue were he got revived by Clan Akkabah,

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think they appeared together briefly in Spurrier's Legacy run (with Legion).
    Only briefly? Oh, pooh!

This forum needs more Chamber.

ChamberPortrait.jpg

Decided to post this pic even though I'm not happy with how I drew his flames.

ChamberFull.jpg

So how do the rest of you like to see Chamber's powers depicted?

*Slides in thread* Hello! I specifically made this account just for the specific purpose of posting this specific link (#385) where Matt Rosenberg (and other people) talks about Uncanny X-men (and other things). You can skip to the 29:00 mark to where he talks about Chamber for like a second. You can skip to 13:40-ish to get to the beginning of the interview with Matt Rosenberg. I'm probably not going to post this anywhere, because I am lazy (and have no idea where it should go).

Anyways, I'm a loooooooooooong time lurker of the Chamber Appreciation threads, and I thought it would be nice to finally make an account so I can actually see the pictures. Seriously, I've been lurking for a long time. Though I did manage to contribute to one of the older threads. Remember those pictures of Jono with glasses from tumblr? That was me.

@Arachne : Very nice art, btw. Especially like his face in the first one.

I like when his powers are depicted properly and not like my man, Jono, is a random fire breather (dear artists: Please stop with the neck, thanks). And I like it when his energy changes colors.

I love your drawings arachne! the 1st one is so cute, & the 2nd one is nicely posed. I notice his psi-flames can sometime look like a beard if its not colored, or drawn a certain way. Personally I like when its encompassing from his mouth, neck and upper chest to all the way down to just over his navel, and its really expansive/swirling.

Rufio, hi welcome! always great to see new Chamber fans! Im on tumblr alot but I don't remember any pics of him with glasses?! Can you post it? thanks for the link to the podcast i will try to listen to it later when I have some time.

yeah I hate when artists show his neck exposed or they depict his psi-flames as fire...though I have a feeling that if he ever gets the live action treatment that's how his power is gonna be depicted b/c its the easiest explanation for audiences of what his power is. And probably the cheapest way to portray the effects, he'll just be a fire breather. With some scars on his face. Boring.

Thanks, guys.

I was hoping for Chamber news in the solicitations. I hope no news is good news.

@Arachne: Darn. I obsessively check, myself. I'm just hoping they do something good with the character.

@ jawbreaker: lol I've been lurking since before they did their grand reset. Was thinking of making an account after that, but I was too lazy.

Of course. You'll find our man, with his glasses, in X-men Unlimited #20 - Where the Wild Things Were. It is so adorable looking. Just look at these kids, they were so cute once upon a time.

I posted more here. They're all kinda big.

So what's the verdict on today's issue? (I can't get it for awhile.)

I'm a little nervous over who dies now, even though I still think it'll be Velocidid. (sp?)

I don't think you logically can kill Chamber. The guy's basically a zombie powered by his own consciousness and psionic energy. Logic has never stopped comic book writers, however.

^oh they'll kill him off if they want to...Chamber's powers/physiology have never been fully explained... there's a lot that about it that doesn't make sense, alot that changes in its depiction depending on writer/artist and alot that's fan conjecture. Im gonna wait for more info on what exactly happened but Im not crazy abouthow they're dealing with Shogo...also I read on the review thread he's mouthing(ha!) off to Cyclops again... yeah Im still worried.

Rufio, oh so that's what you meant! that one time Jono went hipster even before it was a thing, lol.

I'm a little nervous over who dies now, even though I still think it'll be Velocidid. (sp?)

I don't think you logically can kill Chamber. The guy's basically a zombie powered by his own consciousness and psionic energy. Logic has never stopped comic book writers, however.
    Velocidad is not important enough to be that death.

Arachne: When you get the chance, read it for Chamber. He is in it. Though, I don't want to spoil anything, it does seem like it was sort of shoe horned in there to get him on the team. It wasn't a bad issue, but also not the best. It seems like Rosenberg is trying to get things moving like right now. Larroca draws a good Chamber. :P

@Jawbreaker: Yeah, he's ahead of the fashion game it seems. xD

And yes, I do think that if they feel like it, they'll totally kill him off. And everyone who actually knows more about his powers will be upset.

Yeah, he totally mouth'd off at Cyclops again. Scott was kinda like, "Well, okay. Ima fix dis."

BANNED

The most likely candidate is Hope because she's the leader of MLF and issue 16 is where the X-Men fights MLF. Issue 17 is where the mourning occurs , so the death should be in last panel of issue 16 .

Chamber is there to fight the Marauders in a future issue so he's not the person who will die in issue 17.

Who's velo?
    Last edited by jalsrix; 03-20-2019 at 09:08 PM.

Hope your right. No pun intended.

Velocidad is from Generation Hope, and one of Hope's best friends, IIRC. He's also a dead man walking because his powers have turned him into an old man. Of course, nothing says there's just going to be one death...