Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    ugh I know, I wish theyd make him a Legends figure already, or even one of those smaller ones. But they just keep redoing the same characters over and over. How many variations of Wolverine or Cyclops do we need!?
    I know! I want variety, dangnabit! It would be nice to have one of my favorites, c’mon Marvel.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...nts-1-dawnofx/

dammit Jono! what you tell Corsair that's got him giving you such a stare down?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...nts-1-dawnofx/

dammit Jono! what you tell Corsair that's got him giving you such a stare down?
    That he looks like an Old AF George Michael but still in Wham!
    GrindrStone(D)

^haha. Im really curious about what they are saying.

Reis must really like drawing Jono.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3ED89mB...d=vm8prqzi01fk

I hope we get an explanation as to why Jono was resurrected without a jaw/chest in that upcoming X-Men issue that's supposed to explain how resurrections works. Though Ive always head cannoned that its a psychological thing b/c of his self loathing and guilt at crippling Gale when his powers manifested.

I hope we get an explanation as to why Jono was resurrected without a jaw/chest in that upcoming X-Men issue that's supposed to explain how resurrections works. Though Ive always head cannoned that its a psychological thing b/c of his self loathing and guilt at crippling Gale when his powers manifested.
    We dont know that he doesnt have a jaw/chest. Hickman mentioned that some mutants have been resurrected with modifications. Perhaps he was modified such that he's either immune to his powers (and they dont blow a hole through him) or he was given a healing factor such that he automatically patches up when not using his powers

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We dont know that he doesnt have a jaw/chest. Hickman mentioned that some mutants have been resurrected with modifications. Perhaps he was modified such that he's either immune to his powers (and they dont blow a hole through him) or he was given a healing factor such that he automatically patches up when not using his powers
    That would be interesting, but he was shown with his bandages. But now that you’ve bought it up, I’m curious to see what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    That would be interesting, but he was shown with his bandages. But now that you’ve bought it up, I’m curious to see what happened.
    I believe this was loosely addressed/responded to in the Hickman interview over on AIPT

Read NM#1 today! I was rather pleased by it. Readers will be glad to know that Jono has some good panel time. Everyone does, actually.

Has Jono's telepathy ever been explored? As far as I know he has only ever been shown to use it to communicate. Has he ever used it for offense or even defense? Can he? Is he useless in a psychic battle or can he mind blast opponents or even protect himself or others from attack? Do people even want to see this explored?

Has Jono's telepathy ever been explored? As far as I know he has only ever been shown to use it to communicate. Has he ever used it for offense or even defense? Can he? Is he useless in a psychic battle or can he mind blast opponents or even protect himself or others from attack? Do people even want to see this explored?
    I totally want it to be explored! And no... it hasn’t. I’m still waiting for the day. All we know is that he can do the long distance... when they remember

His AoA counterpart could project imaes,not only thoughts, and thus he could make people see what he wanted. That'd be' cool ti see (I kinda like that she's like a transmit only radio and not a full clown TP).

I hope that we will see the psionic aspects of his powers more. Like using the psionic energy to do more than concussive force.

Id like to see it explored more as well... there was that one Spider-man Team Up with Gen X one shot were he transmitted Peter's Spidey sense about this poisoned money into people's minds so that they wouldnt go grab it(you know how when a bunch of money spills into the streets from an overturned armored truck and people rush to grab it, well the money was tainted or something, I cant remember why, it was a long time since I read that story, lol, but that part always stuck with me b/c it was one of the few instances Jono used his telepathy in a new way.)

I also like how Bachalo had him do those spoopy constructs in this Gen X X-Men variant anniversary cover:

as for NM #1 anyone think that Jono's dialogue feels off, like he sounds like everyone else? Im not saying we go back to the ridiculousness of Rosenburg or even Lobdell's mockney but Id like some hint that the guy is English...

Also wish they would have shown how he and Magik got taken out at the end...

Chamber should be a miscarried Phoenix.

lol now that would be one crazy retcon!

also mentioned this in the review thread, you'd think Jono would be angry/angsting at once one again being resurrected with half his body still missing, but he seems oddly chill. Makes me wonder what's in that coffee.