Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I remember in one of the KraKoa info pages that experiments involving eggs being uploaded with a psyche not belonging to that person havent happened yet....presumably because of the disastrous outcome.
    If chamber is a being of pure psionic energy that constructs a physical shell around himself from memory than no matter what fixes The Five perform thats gonna be his default look until he gets over himself or The Cure....
    He’s gotten over himself enough! Did anyone see that epic coffee serving action?! But seriously, I’m actually glad he wasn’t just magically fixed off panel. I can accept that he exploded himself again, because Jono and self-sabotaging himself is totally canon.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

I feel like Chamber would come out of the egg, fully formed. But as soon as Xavier feeds his soul and memories back into his body, he’d double back and blow up his chest again. Similar to how Cyclops’ mental trauma reignited after he was resurrected which meant visor time.

Like in the Gen X ' 97 Annual
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I feel like Chamber would come out of the egg, fully formed. But as soon as Xavier feeds his soul and memories back into his body, he’d double back and blow up his chest again. Similar to how Cyclops’ mental trauma reignited after he was resurrected which meant visor time.
    I accept that. That is totally what happened. I changed my mind, I don’t need to see anything or have it mentioned in panel.

That the one with D'Spayre? Other than Jono blowing himself up, I actually forgot the plot to that one.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post

That the one with D'Spayre? Other than Jono blowing himself up, I actually forgot the plot to that one.
    I don't remember that much but....D'Spayre uses the death of the Hellions to torment The White Queen (?) fooooor reasons...Each Gen Xer is gonna go through a Hellions death... Synch uses Jonos powers to fly...edge of Penance's claws were silver.....and the novel version was waaaaaay better

EDIT: Ohhhbyeah I think there's a kid dying of Legacy virus (AIDS) codename Statis I remember the Gen Xers thinking it was because he was a snotty social climber
    Last edited by BroHomo; 12-22-2019 at 12:37 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Yupppp

That makes sense but in Chamber's case, you would think they would bring him back depowered (with a device) and work with him to slowly bring his powers back so he doesnt blow his chest out

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

But the burning chest is Jono's brand, like the ninja bathing suit and the un-fixable (outside of temporary time-limited patches) optic blast control.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    But the burning chest is Jono's brand, like the ninja bathing suit and the un-fixable (outside of temporary time-limited patches) optic blast control.
    Jono is not a brand. The visual is more representative of him and he can still have it without literally having his chest blown up. Its makes no sense that he's not completely immune to his own powers but his clothes are

I think he could still always read as Chamber if they give him the appearance he had in AOA, with the chest brace thing. Though as a fan I think wrecked face Jono is just a lot more fun and tragic/creative/sexier.

If chamber is a being of pure psionic energy that constructs a physical shell around himself from memory than no matter what fixes The Five perform thats gonna be his default look until he gets over himself or The Cure....
    hee hee, I cant tell if you mean The Cure as the mutant X gene remover or the band, either could actually apply in Jono's case.

Yupppp

who da fug is that!? look at my avatar and look at this guy, no way they're the same dude. Ahhh 90's art.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post

who da fug is that!? look at my avatar and look at this guy, no way they're the same dude. Ahhh 90's art.
    It looks like a depowered Beast

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    I think he could still always read as Chamber if they give him the appearance he had in AOA, with the chest brace thing. Though as a fan I think wrecked face Jono is just a lot more fun and tragic/creative/sexier.

hee hee, I cant tell if you mean The Cure as the mutant X gene remover or the band, either could actually apply in Jono's case.

I think there’s a lot of story telling potential with his current look, but it keeps getting glossed over.

Has there been any mention of bands or anything like that? I saw it in that scavenger hunt picture, but maybe I missed it?

lol I remember! ‘90s art can be soooo bad. He looks so ‘90s generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I think there’s a lot of story telling potential with his current look, but it keeps getting glossed over.

Has there been any mention of bands or anything like that? I saw it in that scavenger hunt picture, but maybe I missed it?

lol I remember! ‘90s art can be soooo bad. He looks so ‘90s generic.
    00s art can be so bad to. Has nothing to do with the decade

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    00s art can be so bad to. Has nothing to do with the decade
    This is true, but ‘90s just has that certain aesthetic. But sometimes 00s art looks like it belongs in the 90s, so I get what you mean.