Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    That was my first comic ever. Love that issue!

I'm just really stoked he's on the team.
    That really was a badass issue. It's a shame they don't go all out with Jono's powers anymore. He's mostly all pew pew pew now. He used to be all BOOM!

BANNED

Jono, Paige, Monet and Jubilee as a team going all out would be formidable as ****

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I didn't even notice the buckles. xD

lol Yeah, I read it. He was like in a few panels in the background. He has no speaking parts.

spoilers:
    This was all in the future. He got blown up in space though. So he died. Because as Panic said, "Bad writing can kill anybody - against it there is no defense." The issue actually wasn't that bad though, it was actually an okay side story.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    ugh he seems to die in a lot of these alt future things.
    end of spoilersLets hope he turns out ok in this War of the Realms event.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    spoilers:
    ugh he seems to die in a lot of these alt future things.
    end of spoilersLets hope he turns out ok in this War of the Realms event.
    spoilers:
    He’s certainly does. :P Actually I only know of that The Last Family thing where there were only 4 X-Men.
    end of spoilers

I know! I do hope he actually appears in it though. He’s in the preview for UXM 15

How powerful is chamber?

He looks like he has fire coming out of him but it's psionic energy. If he blasts you with it, does it feel just like a telepathic attack?

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    How powerful is chamber?

He looks like he has fire coming out of him but it's psionic energy. If he blasts you with it, does it feel just like a telepathic attack?
    Four out of five villains blasted by Chamber agree that it feels quite real, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Four out of five villains blasted by Chamber agree that it feels quite real, thank you.
    Ah ha! Jono likely lamp-fu’d the other 1/5 anyway.

@Kevlon: I honestly don’t know if it was ever stated. Especially recently. Many artists these days don’t seem to even know how to draw him.

Don't know if this helps, but from GenX 1 (original):

"That guy has some kind of bio-nuclear psionic biokinetic field inside him."

BANNED

omega level if the writers wanted

so we're back to the Joe Casey/Frank Tieri early 2000s era Chamber that would punch and cuss at everything. Its such a drastic change to me from the domesticated nurturing Jono that Casey, Gage and Strain were writing. I dont know how to feel about this...I guess I should've expected it with the back to status quo nature of Marvel.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post

"Hush and finish your calculus, dear."

BANNED

so we're back to the Joe Casey/Frank Tieri early 2000s era Chamber that would punch and cuss at everything. Its such a drastic change to me from the domesticated nurturing Jono that Casey, Gage and Strain were writing. I dont know how to feel about this...I guess I should've expected it with the back to status quo nature of Marvel.
    Strain's Chamber was completely neutered and boring and lame just like the rest of her writing on that series was

Weapon_X_15_17 angel sucks.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    "Hush and finish your calculus, dear."
    damn I loooooved this exchange when I first read it I knew 40% of what the words meant. went to school the next day and told a buncha kids how much I loved to eat Calculus...
    I was soooo cool smdh

I liked the way that Gage wrote Jono (as little as that was), but I didn’t see that as nurturing as Strain. I don’t think he was able to write Chamber long enough to give us a chance (I’m still sad about that after these years.). But with as little as we saw, I liked that he was looking out for the kids. I think after he gets his revenge, that he plans to go back to the Morlocks, and it’s implied he trust Castillo. So he’s going to go back to the kid. But this is a character that has pretty much lost all his friends, is (as far as he knows) the last of Gen X (student wise), and has even lost his home/job. I think it makes sense that he isn’t feeling domestic.

Honesty, though between almost everyone that has written the character, I think Strain was way out there. I do think Jono has the potential to get there, but he was just suddenly like that. I felt Strain really pushed it, especially following Spurrier. I’ll be honest, I did not like her book. I don’t think it helped the tone she set, that she continued to tweet about those characters. Her run ended, she has no official say on what actually happened afterwards.

I did like that she got Jubilee and Jono together though. Maybe they’ll breakup after this , but I hope they stay good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Strain's Chamber was completely neutered and boring and lame just like the rest of her writing on that series was

Weapon_X_15_17 angel sucks.jpg
    While I do enjoy it when Chamber hits people, that run was pretty meh too. In Strain’s defense, she did have some good character moments.

So far my least favorite run featuring Jono, was New Warriors. Though I did like how grown up Jubilee seemed.