Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    While I do enjoy it when Chamber hits people, that run was pretty meh too. In Strain’s defense, she did have some good character moments.

So far my least favorite run featuring Jono, was New Warriors. Though I did like how grown up Jubilee seemed.
    errr you mean her body? lol

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    errr you mean her body? lol
    Darn tootin’! lol But seriously, I liked that she was the field leader. That run had some MAJOR issues (especially with characterization), but I liked that they seemed older. That was something I liked with Strain’s run too.

oh yeah, New Warriors, that was just weird... its like they were all replaced by OC's but used their names. I still can't believe that was supposed to be Stacy X .

I dont like how Rosenberg has been handling Jono in UXM. He's kinda annoying there

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    oh yeah, New Warriors, that was just weird... its like they were all replaced by OC's but used their names. I still can't believe that was supposed to be Stacy X .
    Yep... that wasn’t a good run. Stacy X was totally out of character, ain’t no way she would be cooking dinner while the guys chilled in the living room. They were doppelgängers! And they were all HUGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont like how Rosenberg has been handling Jono in UXM. He's kinda annoying there
    It feels like he’s just there to be snarky and complain.

yeah, and its not like fun snarky like in Spurrier's run or the Icons mini. He's just an annoying angry areshole here.

my favorite is "Pissed about my shitty face, mutants general shitty fate, Angry AF w/ words of wisdom" Chamber

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men 014-017.jpg I'm liking how Matt is writing him and enjoying seeing him drawn by different artists, Perez is next and who knows who will be on the book after, unless Land is confirmed?

@jawbreaker: I LOVED the way Spurrier wrote Jono. My favorite scene was when he was going to throw the snowball at Logan.

@BroHomo: Mine too, for all of that.

@comeatmebro: I am so ready to see how Perez draws him. What do you mean about Land?

While I do like the much of the dialogue that Rosenberg has given Jono, I think my main problem is Larroca. He draws a good Chamber, but it's feels like he doesn't know how Jono's powers work. He's just all bright in the background, "Looks great from here, guys. Keep at it."

BANNED

I read somewhere that Land is doing some new UXM sooner than later, I don't like Larocca's art normally but all of his Chamber scenes have been pretty good, no complaints on my end
    just completely behind Rosenberg using Chamber, gets my full support

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    I read somewhere that Land is doing some new UXM sooner than later, I don't like Larocca's art normally but all of his Chamber scenes have been pretty good, no complaints on my end
    just completely behind Rosenberg using Chamber, gets my full support
    I really liked that scene of him hitting that one guy and not even being sorry about it. Rosenberg can keep on using him as long as he doesn't kill Jono off.

I am usually for people using Chamber. Our guy needs to show up more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I really liked that scene of him hitting that one guy and not even being sorry about it. Rosenberg can keep on using him as long as he doesn't kill Jono off.

I am usually for people using Chamber. Our guy needs to show up more.
    Forreals
    Rando Question:
    what would happen if a person stuck his hand in the middle of his "flames" ??

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Forreals
    Rando Question:
    what would happen if a person stuck his hand in the middle of his "flames" ??
    You know, I think that depends on the writer/artist. In Joe Casey's Uncanny X-Men, Jono got stabbed in his cavity, and the weapon burned red hot. But his powers have been described as cold, particularly by Gage.

^that same run, I remember a scene when Sugar Kane first runs into Chamber, she's starts waving her hands into his, um, energy flames or whatever. Kind of rude/insensitive if you think about it. Like someone grabbing Nightcrawler's tail and asking "wats dis?"

@jawbreaker: Yeah, that's right! I remember that. I don't remember who the artist was, but I liked the way they drew Jono. I believe by that same artist, there was a group shot with Logan using Jono's energy to light his cigar. ...Speaking of rude.