Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Let's Say Only 7 Rogues ...

. are going to stay villainously proprietary to the Wonderverse.

The rest will be dispersed throughout the corners of the DCU for other less-developed heroes and franchises to claim as their own.

Which 7 Wonder Rogues would you reserve as remaining property of the Wonderverse?

No rankings here. Position 1 is just as valuable as position 7.

I'm curious if there is a consensus among the Wonder Woman fans here which of her foes are must-haves.

Feel free to state why you reserved the villains that you did if you feel like doing so.

Ok. Me first:

1. The Cheetah - to me, she is Diana's historical arch-nemesis, the Joker to her Batman, the Luthor to her Superman, the Moriarty to her Sherlock. She just needs to be less bestial and cunning, IMHO.

2. Circe - She is Diana's most skilled magical foe, and I'd support making her Hippolyta's mother and thus Diana's own grandmother.

3. Ares - Definitely more Perez and less Patty

4. Herakles - Marvel has the heroic take, let DC have the villainous take as a hyper- chauvinist mirror to Diana

5. Giganta - Make her queen of a secret race of giants, except she alone has the power to shrink to almost human size

6. Doctor Psycho - NOT a little person, but a tall dashing charismatic figure with sociopathic tendencies (like a telepathic Ted Bundy)

7. Zeus - truly, shockingly, Diana's ultimate enemy as the founder of Western patriarchy

Those are my 7 reservations. I notice that I don't have a lot of original characters in mine, and that bugs me a bit.

I may do another list if we generally don't want any public domain characters.

What are yours?

Zeus

Poseidon

Circe

Heracles

White Magician

Dr Zeiko - Not a little person

Jack Frost - Was transformed into Minister Blizzard but is now restored to his true form.

Cheetah, Giganta, Doctor Cyber, Paula Von Gunther, Egg Fu, Gundra The Valkyrie, Grail

I'm pretty sure guys like Hercules and Zeus have to be shared with Shazam no matter what.

The premise of this is kinda flawed as it assumes those other villains would be latched onto by smaller heroes to claim as their own. Generally speaking when something like this happens its more common for them to simply become a big enough threat that their kinda treated as a team villain or a more universe villain. Like how Darkseid was originally just a baddie in fourth world with some association with Superman who became a larger scale threat.

So on that note and assuming those villains who were not viewed as central Wonder Woman villains would simply become more universal villains and potentially much bigger bads...Oh and assuming legacy villains allows for all takes on a specific moniker to exist.....

1. Cheetah
    2. Devestation
    3. Duke of Deception
    4. Silver Swan
    5. Paula Von Gunther
    6. Queen Clea
    7. Ares

My choices are based on villains whose connection to Wonder Woman I see as being reflective of her character or an aspect of her which goes to define who she is as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm pretty sure guys like Hercules and Zeus have to be shared with Shazam no matter what.
    That part of this really makes it tricky because that goes for alot of names. Like, Clea arguably has a connection to Aquaman just by existing. And Ares is such a big name that it would be weird if he didn't do battle with anyone but Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Zeus and Heracles don't get involved in Shazam's stories. He just gets duplicates of their powers.

Mighty Member

Dr. Poison- A classic villain and I can see her getting in the way of Diana's mission.
    Queen Clea- Diana's foil. An old,evil, domineering leader of a neglected country.
    Veronica Cale - She needs a businesswoman in her rogue and Veronica Cale is around to stay imo
    Silver Swan- A sympathetic villain
    Giganta or Genocide- She needs someone that can fight just as well as her.
    Ares- The most important villain in her mythos and the reason she started being a hero.
    Cheetah- Her catwoman.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Having seven rogues exclusive to Wonder Woman would kind of be a step up. She hasn't had that many used in years.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Having seven rogues exclusive to Wonder Woman would kind of be a step up. She hasn't had that many used in years.
    Lmao I was thinking the same.

For me the Seven I chose are:
    1. Circe
    2. Cheetah
    3. Dr. Cyber
    4. Dr. Psycho
    5. Dr. Poison
    6. Silver Swan
    7. Maxwell Lord (I know you guys are going to hate this one lol)

Cheetah
    Circe
    Ares
    Veronica Cale
    Dr. Cyber
    Queen Clea
    Genocide
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Ares.
    Circe.
    Clea.
    Dr Poison.
    Cheetah(as an anti hero).
    Dr Psycho.
    Alkyone.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Cheetah
    Giganta
    Dr. Poison
    Queen Clea
    Dr. Psycho
    Aegeus
    Silver Swan
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

1. Ares: her big cosmic level bad. Should very rarely come to outright blows with Diana though.
    2. Cheetah: tragic arch-nemesis. Can engage in physical combat, but again is more of emotional threat then a physical one.
    3. Circe: an evil magic user is par for the corse for a sword and scandal type heroine like Diana.
    4. Giganta: a cool visual waiting for someone to come along and give her a characterization and motivation that will stick.
    5. Dr. Psycho: misogynistic villain for the ultimate feminist hero.
    6. Dr. Cyber: I feel this character could be really suped up in the right hands.
    7. The Angle-man: Another thinker. He has the Angler but his primary weapon is his ability to manipulate.

Doctor Psycho

Circe

Silver Swan

Veronica Cale

Doctor Poison

Doctor Cyber

Maxwell Lord
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 02-10-2019 at 01:45 AM.