Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Default Tristepin de Percedal (Wakfu) vs He-Man (2000s version)

Percedal is channelling his god powers.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

What does He-Man bring to the table? I'm a LITTLE foggy on my memories of Tristepin's stuff, but I recall speed and power, lots of it.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Mainly that he's strong enough to throw a giant tower into the sun. Tristepin's best strength feat, on the other hand, is moving an entire mountain far enough to make a floodbreak. Might be a slight advantage to He-Man? The tower was smaller than a mountain, but he got it moving pretty fast. Speedwise, I think the best anyone ever does in 2000s He-Man, is make their swords blur around.

Really, both have the capacity to space toss the other, so I think it probably comes down to who lays hands on the other first. In a slugfest though, I think Percedal's got a durability advantage, since he took a beating from Ogrest, where He-Man's setting doesn't really have anyone stronger than He-Man.

I'm not 100% recalling the fights, but I THINK I remember Tristepin's speed being...pretty darned good (I remember him zooming about when he was fighting Rubi, several powerups ago).

If he has the speed, and the best He-Man has is 'making swords blur', He-Man isn't going to do so hot unless he can completely no-sell hits from a dude who moves mountains.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm not 100% recalling the fights, but I THINK I remember Tristepin's speed being...pretty darned good (I remember him zooming about when he was fighting Rubi, several powerups ago).
    This is what Tristepin's fights look like these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    This is what Tristepin's fights look like these days.

Thanks, Estrecca. I recall that one, against

spoilers:
    his 'son', I think? It gets confusion with him.
    end of spoilers

Anyway, there's the superspeed fighting, and such, when he goes all-out.
    Why are we here?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    spoilers:
    his 'son', I think? It gets confusion with him.
    end of spoilers
    Goultard is the demigod son of the Iop god, which would effectively be spoilers:
    Tristepin's previous incarnation
    end of spoilers.

However, if anyone has the parental position in that relationship, it is actually Goultard.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Goultard is the demigod son of the Iop god, which would effectively be spoilers:
    Tristepin's previous incarnation
    end of spoilers.

However, if anyone has the parental position in that relationship, it is actually Goultard.
    Yeah, hence me having to think it through. ^_^

...boy, did I write 'it gets confusion'? Yes, yes I did. *sighs*
    Why are we here?

Yeah, he zooms around quite a bit, and he's done a few punchblitzes. Not sure what his actual reaction speed is though. He-Man does seem to have pretty good travel speed, but it's not really emphasized in animation that often. He just kind of gets wherever he needs to be unreasonably fast.

I'm on the side of Pipoune too though. He seems more likely to get the important hits first and be able to take at least some of what He-Man can throw at him. King Greyskull might be a better match simply because he was able to pull off some esoteric stuff, and Hordak seemed stronger than him. Though anything with King Greyskull heavily relies on assuming He-Man's feats can be applied to him, what with He-Man's entire powerset basically being that he turns into a low rent King Greyskull.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 02-12-2019 at 11:15 PM.

I also distinctly remember He-Man being able to use his sword to teleport Serpos (The God in Snake Mountain) away and turning it back to stone
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

Sssssort of. He did a kind of plot devicey thing where he summoned the spirits of the elders and THEY turned Serpos back into Snake Mountain, but the whole thing took a good minute before it even started having an effect, so I don't think it's much use here even if he could replicate the feat (which he maybe can? The whole thing was sort of weird).

We're given to understand that the Elders' power came from King Greyskull, and all of that power went to the sword, to make Adam into He-Man, but even King Greyskull didn't seem to know what his power could do. I think the elders were the only ones who every really knew what they were doing with the Power of Greyskull. They had a long time to figure it out, I guess.

Edit: Not sure what our policy is on linking full episodes, but the episode in question is S02E13 Awaken The Serpent, just so you know not to go to Youtube and search for that exact phrase. If nothing else, we get to see He-Man get smacked and pounded into the ground repeatedly by a mountain-sized snake, which puts his durability more around Percedal's, though I would still give Percedal a considerable advantage with the beating he takes from Ogrest, who is just so much stronger than he is.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 02-14-2019 at 05:17 PM.