Default Your favorite DC Universe action scenes in all media

What are the most exciting action scenes in the DC Universe to you? Why?

It can be movies, TV, animation, comics, etc.

I love so many haha, for instance, the plane rescue in "Superman Returns" is very exciting because it's tense and I love how one person is holding her hands in prayer and then Superman appears! It shows him as a clear representation of Hope. And then the people in the stadium erupt in applause for his return and Lois is speechless. It's movie magic.

Another super exciting, emotional and tense scene is the whole Superman vs Doomsday fight in "Death of Superman". It really wows me, and I love that Superman even makes an effort to save that kid and how the kid hugs him. So tender.

For me, nothing is better than Superman catching Lois Lane is the original Superman and saying, "don't worry, I've got you." And her response of, "you've got me, who's got you?"
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I love so many haha, for instance, the plane rescue in "Superman Returns" is very exciting because it's tense and I love how one person is holding her hands in prayer and then Superman appears! It shows him as a clear representation of Hope. And then the people in the stadium erupt in applause for his return and Lois is speechless. It's movie magic.
    This, so much. Possibly my favorite Superman action scene in all media, period. It's kind of weird though, because normally you wouldn't think Superman would have trouble saving a plane, we've seen him do it a thousand times across all media before, and it's always been kind of easy peasy. He swoops in under the plane and holds it aloft for a safe landing. Here it is super difficult, the wing rips off when he grips it, metal buckles, for all his strength something that big, that fast, and in comparison to him that fragile, it just makes sense. It took something we've seen Superman handle easily many times before, made it difficult for him, and had it make sense why it would be difficult without making Superman seem weak. Like, Superman struggled with a plane, and we all cheered! That's how you execute scenes like that and still respect the character.

Shame the rest of the movie couldn't live up to that one scene.

Keeping with Superman, for fighting action I still love that scene in Justice League Unlimited with that world of cardboard speech, god that was awesome. The Superman vs Shazam/Captain Marvel fight in that series was good too.

Superman's scenes in that Superman/Captain Marvel team up short film against Black Adam were pretty memorable, namely when Adam points out their similar powers except for Superman's weakness to magic, with Superman then using his heat vision, and later freeze breath, to show the other differences. Especially that freeze breath to stop a dam's worth of a deluge from flooding the city, holy cow!

Another super exciting, emotional and tense scene is the whole Superman vs Doomsday fight in "Death of Superman". It really wows me, and I love that Superman even makes an effort to save that kid and how the kid hugs him. So tender.
    True, took them years and two lesser tries to get it right, but they finally did.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    For me, nothing is better than Superman catching Lois Lane is the original Superman and saying, "don't worry, I've got you." And her response of, "you've got me, who's got you?"
    God that's still my favorite live action Lois.

For Batman I've got to give it to BvS Dawn of Justice for the best live action moments, even if the film as a whole is flawed. That Batmobile chase and the warehouse fight were amazing.

Under the Red Hood has great action scenes through out. Loved the first Red Hood chase, never seen Batman chase down a car in the Batwing before like that, so cool. Then kicking off the second chase scene by having to save a helicopter from crashing into the streets below, I'd never thought Batman could stop a crashing helicopter. The team up with Jason against the Hand of Four or whatever their name was, and how he went through those car doors to when that big guy chucked said car at him, wow. And finally the big fight with Jason. Seriously, great from beginning to end.

The Dark Knight Returns, just felt so epic. Again, every fight was great. I'd list what I loved about it, but then I'd have to explain every fight scene. So, yeah, just great from the first beating random mooks to the fight with Superman at the end, brilliant animation. Helped by the musical score.

Crisis on Two Earths, Wonder Woman's wrestling styled fighting was impressive, her fights were the best in that movie, followed by Batman's showdown with Owlman, and not really action so much but that scene where Batman uses those smoke pellets only for us and Superwoman to learn it was anesthetic gas.

The Wonder Woman fight scenes in her solo DTV kind of carried that great fighting style from Two Earths if I remember right, gotta watch that again.

There's so many...

• Smallville battle - Man of Steel
    • Warehouse fight - Batman v Superman
    • Batman fighting Superman - Batman v Superman
    • No Mans Land / Village battle - Wonder Woman
    • Climax Fight - Aquaman
    • Batman vs Talons - Batman vs Robin (this movie has such great choreography)
    • Superman vs Doomsday - Death of Superman
    • Batman fighting in the church - JL: New Frontier
    • Batman vs Bane - The Dark Knight Rises
    • Superman vs Clark - Superman III

I could go on forever. DC media always has excellent action scenes.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

There are lots of them.

Wonder Woman's fight scenes in No Man's Land and the village. She also had a short scene in Justice League, where she was blocking the bullets. Awesome stuff.

Superman has lots of scenes that i love. I love all the Man of Steel fight scenes. Particularly at Smallville. Fast paced nature of these fights are just incredible to watch. Superman Returns catching plane is great.

In animated media, there are lots of goodness for Superman. The last fight between Superman and the Elite is a favorite. It was fantastic to see Superman using scary tactics. Its effective when used rarely.

I have a lot of love for Superman:TAS. The third episode remains memorable to this day. It was the first time i saw Superman in action. He saved a plane and fought Metallo before he was Metallo, who was wearing a giant robotic suit. The first fight between Superman and Braniac. The series had some terrific action sequences.

There is the Fleischer cartoon. My favorite is the 'Billion Dollar Limited'. Robbers keep trying to loot the train. But Superman just keeps coming in the way. The ending with him pulling the train is one of my all time favorite action sequences. There is a lot of fun when Superman is powerful. But not that powerful.

Batman has tonnes of goodness. The warehouse fight in BvS, the first Bane vs Batman in Dark Knight Rises, Bane crashing the plane. I loved the Dark Knight's truck flip. The entire chase sequence was masterful. The ending fight where Batman had to save the hostages who were disguised as Joker's goons, while the goons were disguised as hostages, with the added complication of GCPD. It was superb. Batman Begins' tumbler scene remains memorable. Batman in his tumbler racing against time as well as GCPD while trying to save Rachel's life.

The Dark Knight Returns animated adaptations had great action sequences. A worthy adaptation as the comic had some spectacular action as well. I vastly prefer this Batman and Superman fight. Instead of simple punches, sinks and hooks, they added additional and more cooler stuff.

Games aren't scenes. Otherwise, Batman's Arkham games are spectacular. I really enjoyed the first Injustice game.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-10-2019 at 06:37 AM.

Many of my favorites have already been mentioned: The Warehouse Fight from BVS, Superman/Captain Marvel vs Black Adam, etc.

I will say one of my favorites not mentioned is when Barry Allen saves Iris from Captain Cold in Justice League: A New Frontier. I LOVE that scene! Seeing Barry brake the sound barrier, race around the city finding the bombs, and then socking Captain Cold saying, “No one messes with my Iris!”
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I remembered the last Justice League episode now. Flash fighting Brainiac and Luthor combined. That was marvelous.