Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Default Red Hood: Outlaw #31 Preview and Discussion

Preview is out: https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-...ood-outlaw-31/

Red Hood and Arsenal began this investigation of the Underlife together in Beijing, and this is where it ends: in an abandoned prison in Mexico. With Roy Harper having passed, Jason Todd finds himself teamed with an ally he couldn’t have imagined—Wingman! (But wait—wasn’t Jason the face beneath Wingman’s mask in BATMAN INCORPORATED?!) When it is all over, Red Hood arrives at a conclusion that will shake the streets of Gotham City…forever?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Willis sure does have a flair for the dramatics huh

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Willis sure does have a flair for the dramatics huh
    Well, we know where Jason gets it from now. As Bruce almost always preferred more subtle methods.

And the one time a villain is being literal, Jason thinks he's being metaphorical. Poor guy is really going to flip out when he realizes who Solitary actually is.

I hope Lodbell sticks the landing here. He’s been building toward this moment since issue #6

So both Solitary and Wingman want Jason to take over Gotham and both have the resource to help him? Unless they are indeed on the same side.

The dog is Jason's now. Of course.

The art is a bit different I think. Fewer lines on the faces. Willis looks really young there and I only hope Jason will look accordingly. I kinda prefer Soy's more extreme expressions on Willis' faces, but I have to say the close-up panel on page 2 is very well done. And in a few places, he does look like Jason, which is a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    So both Solitary and Wingman want Jason to take over Gotham and both have the resource to help him? Unless they are indeed on the same side.

The dog is Jason's now. Of course.

The art is a bit different I think. Fewer lines on the faces. Willis looks really young there and I only hope Jason will look accordingly. I kinda prefer Soy's more extreme expressions on Willis' faces, but I have to say the close-up panel on page 2 is very well done. And in a few places, he does look like Jason, which is a nice touch.
    Didn't Ma say that she knew who Jason was just by looking at him and how much he looked like Willis? Makes sense that they're emphasizing their likeness. I mean: it seems like Lobdell himself is making a point of it. For some reason.

I may be wrong, but that's what it feels like for me.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Five bucks say the bat shaped scar will be important.

I forgot where it is. On his arm?

Looking at this retake of the wall in the last issue of the first arc in Rebirth RHATO, I see changes (the guy in the low right looks like a sick smartzarro, but could be someone else) but I also see continued details that still cannot figure what they are referencing at this point. Mainly, the museum-esque photo under the LexCorp ID card (that is another thing I'm not sure what could be pointing to: Willis old ID for some undercover step in his plan? But doesn't seem like he would need it).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-09-2019 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I forgot where it is. On his arm?
    I looked it: left arm.
    If the #0 issue is still half in canon despite the changes (the part with the dog got to be in again after last issue).

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

It's still canon, we saw it on issue 23

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    It's still canon, we saw it on issue 23

Oh, it's in the right arm now.

So, if he's still using the scar, then, yeah, @Dark, I think you're onto something.

For easier comparison:

Here's the pinboard from RHatO #6.

And that's the pinboard from RH:O #31.

And here's the mysterious man from RHatO #12 who suspiciously looks like Willis (comparing the suit with RHatO #6).

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Didn't Ma say that she knew who Jason was just by looking at him and how much he looked like Willis? Makes sense that they're emphasizing their likeness. I mean: it seems like Lobdell himself is making a point of it. For some reason.

I may be wrong, but that's what it feels like for me.
    To be fair, Willis does have that 3 head thing going on at all times. I’d imagine that’d (and the seemingly stacked voices) would make it difficult to ID who Solitary is.

I think the Lex Corp ID is just a reference to the time when Artemis went to Luther the 2nd (?) time to help Bizarro since she walked right passed him (or an illusion of him)