Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    So both Solitary and Wingman want Jason to take over Gotham and both have the resource to help him? Unless they are indeed on the same side.

The dog is Jason's now. Of course.

The art is a bit different I think. Fewer lines on the faces. Willis looks really young there and I only hope Jason will look accordingly. I kinda prefer Soy's more extreme expressions on Willis' faces, but I have to say the close-up panel on page 2 is very well done. And in a few places, he does look like Jason, which is a nice touch.
    Jason saying "my dog" is my favorite part of the preview. I really hope that Dog stays. She's so damn cute.

And yes, Woods' art looks different (in a good way, in my opinion) and I love the close-up panel on page 2 too. (it reminds me of something, maybe of a movie scene or poster, but I can't put my finger on it.)

My second favorite part was Jason calling his dad creepy.
    I have the bad feeling that no one is going to tell Jason in this issue that Solitary is his father. But maybe Jason is already suspecting something (it's even possible that he does know that Ma Gunn is his grandmother but never openly commented on it.)

It's interesting that both Solitary and Wingman called Jason "Prince". Jason must feel so creeped out by those two. They sound a little bit like crazy fanatics.
    I wonder what Solitary's "domain" exactly is.

I'm still not sure what's going on with Willis. I don't think he has a split personality like Two-Face. My guess is that Willis has problems to control his emotions. It's not uncommon to feel different emotions at the same moment. So maybe the "main face" shows always the strongest emotion and the two other faces some minor accompanying emotions. But that still doesn't explain his meta powers.

So Bunker is 19 years old. Interesting information. How old was Bunker in Teen Titans? (And why does Jason know that? He couldn't even remember his name at first.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    So Bunker is 19 years old. Interesting information. How old was Bunker in Teen Titans? (And why does Jason know that? He couldn't even remember his name at first.)
    He's a bat, he studies his potential allies and enemies: knowledge is a weapon. My guess is that he looked into the TT and Bunker again, after he met Roy and Kori. Maybe we are going to read about it in this week's issue.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Okay, I read the issue. I have very mixed feelings about it and will reread it later today when I have more time to spare.
    But I'll admit, the last page got me excited about the upcoming arc.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Dark called it

Edit: Initial thoughts
    - Probably shoulda seen the Artemis thing coming.
    - Jason’s reaction wasn’t what I was expecting but it makes sense
    - I’m low key convinced W & W are the same person now
    - Wonder what B’s gonna do now
    - I really liked the last couple pages

Issue wasn’t what I was expecting but is kind of dig it. Much like Sergard, I’m looking forward to the next arc even more now.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 02-13-2019 at 01:49 AM.

Oh man now I have even more questions than before. Don't think this thing with Solitary is over yet.

spoilers:
    Since there's no Bat scar and his appearance's apparently so different that Jason didn't think of him to be his father, could Willis be the one absorbed into another inmate instead but his mind managed to dominate the other two's? That is, assuming that every clue so far has been the truth and not some deliberate plot to get to Jason.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by G-Potion; 02-13-2019 at 01:59 AM.

Okay, I read the issue. I have very mixed feelings about it and will reread it later today when I have more time to spare.
    But I'll admit, the last page got me excited about the upcoming arc.
    I'm pretty much the same right now. Excluding the last page which does have me pumped. I will have to sit on it for a while and come back, but in regards to an immediate reaction/thoughts.

spoilers:
    I think excluding the last few pages the entire issue was really clunky with its dialogue and exposition. I get that its pulpy but it just felt a bit too lazy now. But moving onto story, that reveal about Solitary being three people in one mind could be interesting but I also have more questions now. Is Willis like the main mind of the bunch, or is the fact that he has these ideas for running an empire to hand over to his son a result of combining minds? Heck is Willis even really in there or did the three minded Solitary just absorb the mans memories? Would explain the lack of the tattoo. That conclusion with solitary was also way too abrupt, so I dont think we've seen the last of him yet. I also wonder how or when he will ever utilize his powers of perception. (For something bigger than hiding in plain sight)

We also STILL dont know who the hell Wingman is supposed to be! Although from his dialogue you get the slightest impression that he knows Jason in some way shape or form. He looks like he could be (alt universe) older Bruce, but than again Jay would have recognised him right? I dont know, hard to tell but he is joining Jason in the end of the issue, face revealed, mask off and everything so its a bit strange not to get SOME sort of clarification of his identity. Than again (like I said he looks like older Bruce or Thomas wayne) Could he be Willis? Or Jason Todd senior? As in Jays Grandfather?

Onto some really good stuff though, that last page had me super excited. I think it may have been paying homage to the Under The Red Hood film cover/poster. Awesome.

Alongside wingman its also pretty cool to see Bunker is joining Jason for the next arc, as well as DOG! At least thats what it looks like, fingers crossed!

Also that scene at Roys grave was a really nice bookend for the arc. Both touching and also kind of hilarious. I always thought that Jason hated the hat but I genuimely couldnt recall if it was ever mentioned previously or if that was just a funny idea that I read once and adopted for my own amusement.

Regardless its definately canon now

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Also I find it hilarious how smug Wingman looks at the end.

I really want next issue to have Jason's thoughts about all this. He read Willis' letters, but then dismissed Solitary quite quickly. Did he know more than we do? Did he have doubts but chose to act so regardless because it was the right thing for Red Hood to do? What's he coming back to Gotham for? To take up on Wingman's offer or to also investigate?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by G-Potion; 02-13-2019 at 02:21 AM.

spoilers:
    Yeah, not sure who Wingman is. Maybe it is Thomas Wayne. After all, he does have a similar code when it comes to criminals that Jason has. And Jason being an adopted grandson...

Bunker still has New52 memories it seems, making him somewhat of an anomaly.

But Jason has something to take care of before going back home himself. Could be a number of things. Like finishing Solitary, finding Biz and Artemis, or something else.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, not sure who Wingman is. Maybe it is Thomas Wayne. After all, he does have a similar code when it comes to criminals that Jason has. And Jason being an adopted grandson...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

There's five main suspects that I can think of, Alternate Bruce, Thomas Wayne, Willis Todd, alternate Jason Todd and Jason Todd Senior. It's actually a pretty repetitive list, but I'm hard pressed to think of any character that fits this mold.

It honestly looks the most like Thomas Wayne at this point, hard to tell of course with only artwork for context and the generic design of a 'fit 50+ man'. Bit of a far fetched and wild theory but I could believe it, only IF we had any confirmation that rhato was being forced along with Kings whole 'breaking the bat' arc. Then the idea of Thomas trying to control Gotham and take it from Bruce by using Jason would make a bit more sense.

Anyone else got any other suggestions for who Wingman is at this point?
    Or any arguments for one previously mentioned candidate or another?
    Hell maybe he could be just a rando who feels appreciative towards the Red Hood for one reason or another, although I think that additional theory is kind of anti climactic.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    spoilers:

There's five main suspects that I can think of, Alternate Bruce, Thomas Wayne, Willis Todd, alternate Jason Todd and Jason Todd Senior. It's actually a pretty repetitive list, but I'm hard pressed to think of any character that fits this mold.

It honestly looks the most like Thomas Wayne at this point, hard to tell of course with only artwork for context and the generic design of a 'fit 50+ man'. Bit of a far fetched and wild theory but I could believe it, only IF we had any confirmation that rhato was being forced along with Kings whole 'breaking the bat' arc. Then the idea of Thomas trying to control Gotham and take it from Bruce by using Jason would make a bit more sense.

Anyone else got any other suggestions for who Wingman is at this point?
    Or any arguments for one previously mentioned candidate or another?
    Hell maybe he could be just a rando who feels appreciative towards the Red Hood for one reason or another, although I think that additional theory is kind of anti climactic.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Given what we learned about Willis’ powers, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s actually him and this is one long con as part of his plan. Though him being Thomas Wayne in disguise could work too since he’s the one who took out Penguin in Batman ... 59 or 60 I think it was. Either way though, I don’t expect the Solitary storyline to be quite over yet.

Since Artemis didn’t kill Willis like we originally thought, I wonder what she was talking about in issue 25. Though I don’t expect that to be answered for another few months.
    end of spoilers

The conclusion with Solitary is so bad that's actually feel surreal. Seriously, what's exactly going on here because I'm honestly confused about what happened to the guy who built his organization in secret without anyone notice a thing and took down Bizarro without breaking a sweat, but now he suddenly stupid and got taken down so easily? This what Lobdell spent two years buliding for? Like, really? I want to hope that this is an act and part of Solitary's plan somewho, because I will be really disappointed in Lobdell's writing if it wasn't.

And now to the brighter side, I actually enjoyed this arc. Jason's characterization is a huge improvement compared to what come before where his insecurities got to annoying level, his interactions with Kate was more enjoyable than I hoped for and I'm glad that she attempted to apologise to him for what she did (tho, so much for Jason being a guy who "hold grudge" because he is sure forgive people who wronged him so easily) and it's nice to see him being finally competent instead of being the punching bag he was when Bizarro and Artemis were around.

My hopes for the next arc is for Jason to finally move on from Roy because the scene with him visiting his grave made me feel nothing (even Ollie isn't spending that much time whining about Roy like Jason has been doing and it's becoming really forced) and for Batman to not show his face until Lobdell is willing to admit his faults and stop blaming Jason for everything bad happened between them.
    Last edited by Rise; 02-13-2019 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    The conclusion with Solitary is so bad that's actually feel surreal. Likez what's exactly going on here because I'm honestly confused about what happened to the guy who built his organization in secret without anyone notice a thing and took down Bizarro without breaking a sweat, but now he suddenly stupid and got taken down so easily? This what Lobdell spent two years buliding for? Like, really? I want to hope that this is an act and part of Solitary's plan somewho, but I have been disappointed enough times with Lobdell that I refuse to have any expectations anymore.

And now to the brighter side, I actually enjoyed this arc. Jason's characterization is a huge improvement compared to what come before where his insecurities got to annoying level, his interactions with Kate was more enjoyable than I hoped for and I'm glad that she attempted to apologise to him for what she did (tho, so much for Jason being a guy who "hold grudge" because he is sure forgive people who wronged him so easily) and it's nice to see him being finally competent instead of being the punching bag he was when Bizarro and Artemis were around.

My hopes for the next arc is for Jason to finally move on from Roy because the scene with him visiting his grave made me feel nothing (even Ollie isn't spending that much time whining about Roy like Jason has been doing and it's becoming really forced) and for Batman to not show his face until Lobdell is willing to admit his faults and stop blaming Jason for everything bad happened between them.
    Yeah the confrontation between the two was really weird. We know that Solitary is fairly powerful but none of his abilities were really used beyond making fake illusions of himself and showing Jason what happened in the prison. It shouldn’t of been that easy to bring him down. Yet we do know that Willis wasn’t ready for Jason and that he did something to Bunker while he had him captive so maybe Lodbell still has more planned here. I mean, he barely even touched the whole “I brought you 3 together” thing or any of the threads he’s laid out over the last 25 or so issues. But it’s Lodbell so who knows.

Extraordinary Member

I think most of the were 17 back than.

Always Rakzo

Thought this was a good read. Lobdell continues to play the long game leaving quite a few mysteries out there but most important of all, I'm glad that he's giving Bunker a bigger role since I've been missing him all this time.

Art was solid as well. Good stuff overall.

There was no way the Solitary plot could be resolved in a single issue, and personally I think there's no need to, if the plan is to build a long lasting cast surrounding Jason. Solitary can be the guy staying in the shadow most of the times, trying to 'help' Jason by questionable means and manipulations. The last panel of him that we saw pretty much feels like a 'this is not over yet' face to me. As for why he's so easily taken down, I guess for one, he wasn't trying to take down Jason because that wouldn't help his case, and two, he didn't expect Jason to piece things together from the dog's reaction. That said, I will have to look at past issues to remind myself how Solitary took down Bizarro.

Wingman and Bunker can similarly be kept as a regular cast. There's one line W said in this issue, 'Why couldn't you have been honest with him'. Who's he referring to? Solitary or someone else? If it's the former then it reinforces the idea that Solitary is indeed a long game.

Actually now that I think about it... There was no way Willis could have saved Artemis and Bizarro so could Wingman and Bunker be the replacement he prepared for Jason?

Now the only thing I'm worried about is the possibility that RHATO again has to play along with whatever game the big books have going, and Lobdell had to cut his story short. If that's the case, then at least it's a good thing that he left it open like that, so as to be picked up later.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 02-13-2019 at 06:48 AM.