Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Cry Havok!: Havok Appreciation 2019

I appreciate Havok.

I followed the Uncanny Avengers form start to finish. It was a roller-coaster of a read for me as a Rogue fan, as it must of been for Havok, Wasp, Wanda, Wonderman and Wolverine fans.

I liked Havok in first vol of UA. I wanted him to succeed and I liked that Marvel had given him such a great role. Felt the feels for him over Katie at the end.

I got what Rick Remender was trying to say in the infamous speech and the X-characters should always express diverse opinions, beliefs, dreams etc etc without getting told to drown in ho.................................... (yeah I know, I know )

Another Havok story I really enjoyed was Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire, nice space art

Not as keen on his most recent outing. Was it uncanny or blue? [edit - it was Astonishing, oops]

And what do guys think of the Dazzler ship tease?
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 02-11-2019 at 03:38 PM.

BANNED

He was a recurring character in Blue from fairly early on, where he finally became uninverted, largely thanX to Polaris:

... before seguing into a starring role during the more recent Astonishing's 5 issue wrap-up, w/Dazzler & the others:

... and he'll neXt be seen in the current Uncanny's latest saga, with his brother & more:

BANNED

Oh, and should probably note, that he ultimately sacrificed himself & surrendered:

... in order to save his Astonishing team et al.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-09-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Ultimate Member

Alex when written well is a GREAT leader, Marvel has just been really pushing Kitty lately...and once AoX is over it won't matter what Kitty thinks...

Just makes me wonder how/why Scott gets Alex on his team...

As always an Alex/Lorna fan, odd now that they're both in prison...he in the 616 verse and she in Prisoner X in the AoX verse...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    ... Just makes me wonder how/why Scott gets Alex on his team...
    Probably 'cause he frees him from Callahan's clutches, I would imagine. And Warpath seems to agree with you, on his leadership skills, Kitty be damned.

Ultimate Member

My point was more wondering if Scott would free him because he needed him or whether he wanted to reconnect with his brother...maybe Scott will be forced to rescue Alex, or maybe Scott will take a page out of Corsair's playbook and just ignore that Alex even exists until somebody else brings him up...

The original is still the best, but I've always been partial to Havok's costume during his Brotherhood phase.
    havok5.jpg

My point was more wondering if Scott would free him because he needed him or whether he wanted to reconnect with his brother...maybe Scott will be forced to rescue Alex, or maybe Scott will take a page out of Corsair's playbook and just ignore that Alex even exists until somebody else brings him up...
    Mutants are being exterminated. Scott's saving his brother. You know he isnt ignoring him by them being confirmed to be in the same book so not sure what the point of that last shady statement was

Ultimate Member

What I meant was whether Alex would be at the top of Scott's list to recruit or whether someone would have to remind him that Alex was still around before Scott would get him out of prison...

It's not a shady statement in that Corsair came back to Earth, picked teen Scott up and went out to space to have adventures with his son, then he brought him back and left again, so far as of yet in neither time did he say hi to Alex, last I checked does Alex even know that Corsair is alive again...so Corsair clearly has a favorite son and it's not Alex...

What I meant was whether Alex would be at the top of Scott's list to recruit or whether someone would have to remind him that Alex was still around before Scott would get him out of prison...

It's not a shady statement in that Corsair came back to Earth, picked teen Scott up and went out to space to have adventures with his son, then he brought him back and left again, so far as of yet in neither time did he say hi to Alex, last I checked does Alex even know that Corsair is alive again...so Corsair clearly has a favorite son and it's not Alex...
    Why are you assuming that Scott even knows that Alex is in prison? The most logical assumption for him given the annual is that he thinks Alex is dead along with the rest of the X-men. If someone has to tell him where Alex is, I dont see why Scott should be faulted. He was dead for a couple of years. He shouldnt be expected to know everything

Your comment was shady. I know how you feel about Corsair but the shade was thrown at Scott which he hasnt done anything wrong in this situation

Ultimate Member

I wasn't throwing shade at Scott unless he would act like his father, then he'd deserve it, as for Scott knowing that Alex was in prison I didn't say or mean that he knew that Alex was in prison, only that I wondered whether Scott would want to recruit Alex and then to find out that he's in prison or only want to recruit him after he found out that he was still around, that it was more that whether Scott would recruit Alex because he wanted him on the team or whether he had no other choice...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The original is still the best, but I've always been partial to Havok's costume during his Brotherhood phase.
    havok5.jpg
    Yes, his original costume with the headdress is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    havok5.jpg
    This is the first version of Havok I ever knew. He was leading the Brotherhood and was trying to get Nate Grey to join him. I took immediate notice of the character and have liked Alex ever since.

I like Havok's semi-unique powers.

Absorbing comic energy should make Alex one of the most powerful mutants, but he doesn't usually get that portrayal.