Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cry Havok!: Havok Appreciation 2019

I appreciate Havok.

I followed the Uncanny Avengers form start to finish. It was a roller-coaster of a read for me as a Rogue fan, as it must of been for Havok, Wasp, Wanda, Wonderman and Wolverine fans.

I liked Havok in first vol of UA. I wanted him to succeed and I liked that Marvel had given him such a great role. Felt the feels for him over Katie at the end.

I got what Rick Remender was trying to say in the infamous speech and the X-characters should always express diverse opinions, beliefs, dreams etc etc without getting told to drown in ho.................................... (yeah I know, I know )

Another Havok story I really enjoyed was Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire, nice space art

Not as keen on his most recent outing. Was it uncanny or blue? [edit - it was Astonishing, oops]

And what do guys think of the Dazzler ship tease?
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 02-11-2019 at 03:38 PM.

BANNED

He was a recurring character in Blue from fairly early on, where he finally became uninverted, largely thanX to Polaris:

... before seguing into a starring role during the more recent Astonishing's 5 issue wrap-up, w/Dazzler & the others:

... and he'll neXt be seen in the current Uncanny's latest saga, with his brother & more:

BANNED

Oh, and should probably note, that he ultimately sacrificed himself & surrendered:

... in order to save his Astonishing team et al.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-09-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Ultimate Member

Alex when written well is a GREAT leader, Marvel has just been really pushing Kitty lately...and once AoX is over it won't matter what Kitty thinks...

Just makes me wonder how/why Scott gets Alex on his team...

As always an Alex/Lorna fan, odd now that they're both in prison...he in the 616 verse and she in Prisoner X in the AoX verse...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    ... Just makes me wonder how/why Scott gets Alex on his team...
    Probably 'cause he frees him from Callahan's clutches, I would imagine. And Warpath seems to agree with you, on his leadership skills, Kitty be damned.