Thread: Confused

All-New Member

Default Confused

I just got back into reading comics after being away for a few years. I missed the whole Cap being part of hydra and the fallout from that. I have a few questions.

1. Captain America is part of The Avengers when I was reading Captain Marvel but when I was reading Captain America, hydra still controls America I think and Cap was arrested (7 and 8). What earths are each of those books in?

2. Why is there a Hydra Zone logo at the end of all the comics I’ve been reading?

iMan 42s

Recently an event comic was released called Secret Empire which had an evil version of Captain America affiliated with Hydra takeover the United States.

Captain America prior to Secret Empire was pretending to be working with the heroes so it could very well be from that, but I have no idea which Captain Marvel issue you had been reading. The Hydra Zone I'm assuming is referring to the areas Hydra controlled. Alternatively this could also be referring to Secret Wars which did have a Hydra area.

Without knowing what's been read I can't be for certain but all of that does take place in the mainstream continuity.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

All-New Member

I read Captain America 7 and 8 and Captain Marvel 1 and 2 both the last 2 released. The Hydra Zone logo I am talking about is a Hudra logo that looks like it is water and the word Zone in what looks like it’s faded out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Drop View Post
    2. Why is there a Hydra Zone logo at the end of all the comics I’ve been reading?
    This logo?

Because you're pirating them. Zone are a scan group.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-15-2019 at 07:42 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

iMan 42s

Oh ok.

That is all in continuity. I assumed the Hydra logo was from Secret Empire but if its from current Captain America I wouldn't know. Somebody else would have to explain that.
    Comics take place at different times so they aren't all up to date with current events in other books.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Drop View Post
    I just got back into reading comics after being away for a few years. I missed the whole Cap being part of hydra and the fallout from that. I have a few questions.

1. Captain America is part of The Avengers when I was reading Captain Marvel but when I was reading Captain America, hydra still controls America I think and Cap was arrested (7 and 8). What earths are each of those books in?

If you're referring to the current Captain America and Captain Marvel arcs, then yeah Captain America is part of the Avengers, but currently in his book, he's been arrested because he's framed for murder. Hydra doesn't control America right now, but they are the main antagonists Steve has been fighting for the book.

We don't know what the timeline difference is between the current Captain America arc and Captain Marvel's arc, but they both take place on the same Earth, just not at the exact same time.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This logo?

Because you're pirating them. Zone are a scan group.
    Really? Ah crap a friend of mine gave me access to his Kindle library which is why I started to read them again.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    If you're referring to the current Captain America and Captain Marvel arcs, then yeah Captain America is part of the Avengers, but currently in his book, he's been arrested because he's framed for murder. Hydra doesn't control America right now, but they are the main antagonists Steve has been fighting for the book.

We don't know what the timeline difference is between the current Captain America arc and Captain Marvel's arc, but they both take place on the same Earth, just not at the exact same time.
    Ok that makes sense.