Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

I loved Spencer's Captain America and Secret Empire, right from the beginning. I can understand why some people wouldn't like it but I think they reacted in a WAY over the top way.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Leaving aside the whole Coates run take on cap, I just wanna say something on-topic

As much as I liked Secret Empire as a whole, Spencer really dropped the ball at 2 things

1- Him literally spoiling the ending 1 day before the final issue release
    2- Killing Avrill right after the Planetary Shield went down. Yeah, it was a heroic death, that turned the tide on the heroes favor, but man.. I really liked her, and I believe she had tons of potential, and shouldnt have got ridden off like that
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    1. He didn't do that. Axel Alonso did that. And I will never fucking forget that. And I will also never forgive that. Ever.
    https://twitter.com/axelalonsomarv/s...11403909656576

2. He left the door wide open for someone else to bring her back ("See you soon"). But since no one seems to care, I guess I'll have to wait until Nick goes to space, too... (Which I want him to do for that and his glorious, glorious Star-Lord)
    Agreed. Avril Kincaid dying was wasted potential. Speaking of wasted potential, I wonder if Free Spirit is ever going to come back and talk with the real Steve Rogers about what his HYDRA doppelganger did to Jack Flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I loved Spencer's Captain America and Secret Empire, right from the beginning. I can understand why some people wouldn't like it but I think they reacted in a WAY over the top way.
    Like burning their copies of the issue(s)? Because, yeah, not only very over-the-top, but also not the best way to signal one's disgust with the idea of a fascist Cap, given the fascist history and nature of book burnings.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

I thought Avril Kincaid's death was purposefully ambiguous with her last words being "see you soon" and all. I don't think it would have been a huge surprise if a future book revealed she'd survived. Sadly for a while everyone wanted to pretend Secret Empire never happened so the character was forgotten about.

I was kinda hoping that she'd be host for Starbrand in Aaron's Avengers but I'm guessing that's gonna stick with a Hulk-like character to mirror the Avengers BC story.