Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But who can do both of those things? Are the writers who have "pull" at DC also the same ones who really want to build up the "Black Lightning corner of DC"?

Do you know any current writers that can definitely incorporate both aspects that you want?
    That's totally up to DC. They can push to make it happen.

Black Lightning is fertile ground to explore. He's has a live-action tv series. He's featured in DC premier animated series. Consistent comic book appearances shouldn't be the thing that's lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    That's totally up to DC. They can push to make it happen.
    But if they "push" it on to either people who don't have the name recognition from the comic-buying public, or on creators who really don't have a burning desire to work on it, then what does that lead to?

Hell, I'd love it if there was an on-going Black Lightning series that was selling well, but how easy is it to actually have one (especially if it doesn't feature, say, Batman)?

But if they "push" it on to either people who don't have the name recognition from the comic-buying public, or on creators who really don't have a burning desire to work on it, then what does that lead to?

Hell, I'd love it if there was an on-going Black Lightning series that was selling well, but how easy is it to actually have one (especially if it doesn't feature, say, Batman)?
    I believe any character not named Batman is "pushed". These writers don't really think all these characters are dream projects. It's their job to make us believe it. Do it for BL.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    I believe any character not named Batman is "pushed". These writers don't really think all these characters are dream projects. It's their job to make us believe it. Do it for BL.
    You make it sound like writers are given assignments by DC and HAVE TO take them.
    I don't think that's quite as true these days as it may have been in the past, especially in the case of recognizable names as some people feel are needed to give a Black Lightning book a better chance of being bought.

You make it sound like writers are given assignments by DC and HAVE TO take them.
    I don't think that's quite as true these days as it may have been in the past, especially in the case of recognizable names as some people feel are needed to give a Black Lightning book a better chance of being bought.
    I don't mean it to sound like they have to but work is work. If it's available, they'll take it and then sell it to the fandom as if it's the greatest gig ever. All I ask is for them to do it for BL.

They can't all write Batman at the same time.
    Last edited by Iconic; 02-11-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    To be fair, Grant Morrison initially didn't want to write Hal until DC wore him down and from what I hear (because I don't read that title) it's been working out just fine. If DC had the same enthusiasm courting for their other great but underserved characters, characters like Black Lightning would've had solos ages ago.
    It's not that Morrison didn't want to write Hal, he just didn't want to go back to do a monthly schedule since he's been busy with other projects. Once Didio sat down with him, Morrison started brainstorming and by the end of their dinner he had ideas for 12 issues and apparently now they plan to do 24. It would be nice if Jefferson got something like that too but I feel it should be from a well-known writer. Bendis comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's not that Morrison didn't want to write Hal, he just didn't want to go back to do a monthly schedule since he's been busy with other projects. Once Didio sat down with him, Morrison started brainstorming and by the end of their dinner he had ideas for 12 issues and apparently now they plan to do 24. It would be nice if Jefferson got something like that too but I feel it should be from a well-known writer. Bendis comes to mind.
    My thoughts exactly.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

1st time I saw BL in action was in The Brave and The Bold #163.

B&B163.jpg

Good News everyone!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I can finally get my Black Lightning fix!
    Bryan Hill.
    Dexter Soy.
    Me excited.

so what's going on in this latest issue? What city is the team based in, if any?
    Do they have their own headquarters?
    Do they have their own vehicles?

Who are the villains that they are going up against?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what's going on in this latest issue? What city is the team based in, if any?

The team gets their first assignment finding and protecting a meta Batman was protecting in secret and we get introduced to her.
    They are in Gotham but no remarkable base of operation or vehicles so far.
    It looks like Ras al Ghul is gonna be their first big bad, him and character growing pains.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 05-10-2019 at 01:50 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

Jeff does have a penthouse in his name though.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if Black Lightning's daughters will return to the comics eventually.

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I wonder if Black Lightning's daughters will return to the comics eventually.
    Can never say never, but I think it was his original creator that changed them from his daughters to cousins. I don't actually mind the change.