Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
DC has also some female characters that sell well Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Harley Quinn and Batgirl (at least as long as the writing is decent), and plenty of white male characters who can't support a book.

I think it is in general more a problem with generating height sales for new or obscure character in general, than something that has to do with minority leads. Most books that have a new or lesser known character as lead don't sell. It is just that a lot of the new books comic publisher put out are minority lead.
I’m not sure how your examples prove your point about minority leads, white women are not really a minority group, but I understand you don’t believe diverse leads are the problem. I would say that the people you quoted are all characters who have been very successful in multiple types of media and have been pushed pretty hard by DC. The only minority close to that level of exposure would be cyborg but his book didn’t sell well either.

I guess the point I made wasn’t very clear, I’m basically saying that if DC only sell books that are really popular selling 40k plus per issue we are unlikely to get many minority solo books in the future as these books for whatever reason, tend not to be popular with the majority of the DC comic audience. I would love to see a BL book but it seems unlikely at present.