Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
But isn't most of that why the TV show became popular?
I was a big fan of the TV show initially, but I've stopped watching regularly myself. The first season ended with a misfire, and what I watched of the second didn't really convince me that the show had rebounded creatively or figured out how to shoot its action scenes in any kind of interesting way (despite having a pretty good soundtrack at times). Then I heard about the showrunner's spousal abuse allegations and I kind of lost interest in watching the show altogether.

However, I really dig the concept of a superhero who's not only a dedicated educator, but also a devoted father of two teenage girls, as that's pretty unique in superhero comics. Stripping those key elements from the character lessen my interest in him substantially. I don't have much desire to read or watch the same old tired street vigilante with electrical powers stuff without the family man/community leader aspects of the character that make him something special.

Granted, having a history of some kickass artists working on him like Newell & Hamner helps...
1863._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg61t4cQPmAgL._SX319_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg