Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Default Daughters of the Dragon - Marvel Digital Original

So, did anyone catch the third issue this week? I just finished, and it's really exciting! There was a bit too much slangy teen dialogue in the first two issues, but there was a real sense of complexity in the dream sequence that started out this issue. There's been WAY too much dream sequence/VR/mind control lately in comics, but this was really well done. The eeriness, the beauty of the false world, it all worked. And when Colleen and Misty broke free and started kicking butt, it was glorious (even if they're back to the teen speak). That action. Forman isn't usually an artist I love, but this time, it was really enjoyable. His framing of the faceoff between Colleen and the villain is pure visual storytelling. Top quality stuff.

The whole thing just reeked of what I love about Misty and Colleen - attitude, heart, love, whimsy, wit, and, of course, mad martial arts action. It was fantastic, and Colleen and Misty's final scene was so heartwarming.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Honestly, I didn't have the budget to read this. I'm reading Jessica Jones and Cloak and Dagger. I read Luke Cage when it came out. I read the first issue of Iron Fist and quickly dropped it. I'm glad to see that you like it and maybe I'll check it out at some point, but I have not been reading it, unfortunately.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Honestly, I didn't have the budget to read this. I'm reading Jessica Jones and Cloak and Dagger. I read Luke Cage when it came out. I read the first issue of Iron Fist and quickly dropped it. I'm glad to see that you like it and maybe I'll check it out at some point, but I have not been reading it, unfortunately.
    Well, I'd definitely recommend checking it out when you can! I think it's easily the equal of JJ and C&D in terms of the Digital Original program. There's just such a life and fun to it, and it builds to a really fun conclusion and springboard to new adventures in the future.

Sadly, McKay says there are no current plans for the immediate future on twitter, but hopefully this gives whoever picks Colleen and Misty up next a good foundation. (I agree that Iron Fist was disappointing, though.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I haven’t read # 3 yet but really liked # 1 and # 2. I don’t know how these Digital Originals are selling but I have liked all of them except Iron Fist. Good value for money, solid work.
    Cheers - CL

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    I haven’t read # 3 yet but really liked # 1 and # 2. I don’t know how these Digital Originals are selling but I have liked all of them except Iron Fist. Good value for money, solid work.
    It is a pretty solid value for money. Hilariously, the collected editions are five more dollars than buying them in singles. Counter intuitive.

Interestingly, unlike the other Marvel Digital Originals, MacKay structured the Daughters of the Dragon six-issue arcs in three mini-arcs. I like that.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, I'd definitely recommend checking it out when you can! I think it's easily the equal of JJ and C&D in terms of the Digital Original program. There's just such a life and fun to it, and it builds to a really fun conclusion and springboard to new adventures in the future.

Sadly, McKay says there are no current plans for the immediate future on twitter, but hopefully this gives whoever picks Colleen and Misty up next a good foundation. (I agree that Iron Fist was disappointing, though.)
    Yeah, I'll definitely check it out on Marvel Unlimited. I feel guilty for contributing to the lack of plans for a sequel.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, I'll definitely check it out on Marvel Unlimited. I feel guilty for contributing to the lack of plans for a sequel.
    Don't feel guilty for being financially responsible! And if you check it out on Marvel Unlimited, that'll add to the numbers, I think!

And above all, let us know what you think in six months!

Is there any chance the Daughters of the Dragon are connected to the Daughters of Liberty who were summoned using a phrase “the serpent of Dryad summons us” in Captain America #7?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Is there any chance the Daughters of the Dragon are connected to the Daughters of Liberty who were summoned using a phrase “the serpent of Dryad summons us” in Captain America #7?
    Very unlikely, though I'm not reading Cap right now. They aren't traditionally Cap allies - in Civil War, they were on Iron Man's side. (That's the first time I saw them)

Very unlikely, though I'm not reading Cap right now. They aren't traditionally Cap allies - in Civil War, they were on Iron Man's side. (That's the first time I saw them)
    Okay. Just that Misty is in the Daughters of Liberty over in the Cap book.

Okay. Just that Misty is in the Daughters of Liberty over in the Cap book.
    Well, that's cool! She's still dating Falcon, so that would make sense. If Colleen does show up, do let the thread know!

Well, that's cool! She's still dating Falcon, so that would make sense. If Colleen does show up, do let the thread know!
    She is? I thought they were both single again...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She is? I thought they were both single again...
    She was in the Daughters of the Dragon book? Like I said, I'm not reading Cap, so I don't know how DotD fits with that book.

Okay I’ll try to remember. The links here seem to be very similar. And as a side note, has the rift between Colleen and Misty been repaired at all since the whole World War Hulks Heroes for Hire?

Okay I’ll try to remember. The links here seem to be very similar. And as a side note, has the rift between Colleen and Misty been repaired at all since the whole World War Hulks Heroes for Hire?
    Oh, yeah. They're really good friends in this. And I love it! (I first got into them in Civil War: Heroes for Hire, and the breakdown of their friendship really bummed me out too).