Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Come now, it's not a bad story or concept so far. I think many of us really have enjoyed it so far. It's definitely weird and has a pretty racy concept, but so far it's handled it well.

And that is fine, but the issue most of us have here is that we're not sure how real this world is. What about the mutants who are dying without the X-Men? It just feels like giving into a dream instead of facing reality.
    Yeah, I guess. But who knows marvel may keep it, Heroes reborn was pocket universe made by Franklin but it continued to exist, AoA was supposed to have been erased, but it continued.

I just thought it would be interesting to see how the Xmen would handle a world like that.
    With people being allowed to love and have kids, how would they handle things, what new laws would be put in place, how would mutants with dangerous powers be treated or taken care of, are reality warpers required to have a license and restricted to how much they can change, is time travel banned or are the time travelers allowed to mess with the timeline anyhow they want, are the Telepaths forming a secret society that is manipulating the world as chess pieces in a game for their amusement.
    How do the Xmen deal with having to stop fighting, so many of them are so damaged now, do they get therapy, do some even want to stop, what about Psylockes urges to kill or has that been retconned.

But I guess it does ring hollow if it's not in the "real world".

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Yeah, I guess. But who knows marvel may keep it, Heroes reborn was pocket universe made by Franklin but it continued to exist, AoA was supposed to have been erased, but it continued.

I just thought it would be interesting to see how the Xmen would handle a world like that.
    With people being allowed to love and have kids, how would they handle things, what new laws would be put in place, how would mutants with dangerous powers be treated or taken care of, are reality warpers required to have a license and restricted to how much they can change, is time travel banned or are the time travelers allowed to mess with the timeline anyhow they want, are the Telepaths forming a secret society that is manipulating the world as chess pieces in a game for their amusement.
    How do the Xmen deal with having to stop fighting, so many of them are so damaged now, do they get therapy, do some even want to stop, what about Psylockes urges to kill or has that been retconned.

Remender made a mutant world in his UA run. It functioned pretty well until Havok and his Avenger wife decided to destroy it all because "it wasn't fair for humans".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

And these are all excellent questions! I think the main answer is that Nate is keeping more powerful mutants in check through mental blocks and by sending them to prison if they start being a problem. Essentially, the only way this world can function as it is is if Nate is constantly in control.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Remender made a mutant world in his UA run. It functioned pretty well until Havok and his Avenger wife decided to destroy it all because "it wasn't fair for humans".
    Havok and Janet were fighting to change that world because Janet and her daughter were being hunted for being humans. And Firestar and Wolverine were essentially being locked in the basement so that Daken could torture them forever. I mean, it wasn't the worst world, but I question what was going to happen to any flatscan children.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That UA utopia only came about because all the mutants got kidnapped from Earth which got promptly spat on by a Celestial and that event only happened due to time travel abuse and not naturally.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That UA utopia only came about because all the mutants got kidnapped from Earth which got promptly spat on by a Celestial and that event only happened due to time travel abuse and not naturally.
    Oh yeah, that happened. You know, looking back, I really liked this book.

But also, the X-Men get kidnapped a lot.

BANNED

It's Nate Grey Utopia but that is all. For people with common sense it's hell.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KusaSan View Post
    It's Nate Grey Utopia but that is all. For people with common sense it's hell.
    People with a sex drive, people with family or close friends...and fucking hatcheries are creepy AF. And the constant affirmations on the intercoms...

I mean, you have to be doing something wrong if Apocalypse seems like a sane person and Age of Apocalypse doesn't seem like that bad of a reality.

People with a sex drive, people with family or close friends...and fucking hatcheries are creepy AF. And the constant affirmations on the intercoms...

I mean, you have to be doing something wrong if Apocalypse seems like a sane person and Age of Apocalypse doesn't seem like that bad of a reality.
    Yep, I am all in on joining Apocalypse's sex cult with Allison and Kitty. FIGHT THE SYSTEM!! (with a sexy cult)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yep, I am all in on joining Apocalypse's sex cult with Allison and Kitty. FIGHT THE SYSTEM!! (with a sexy cult)
    And the two underage boys!

Because dear God why?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It was still a hell of a lot better than what they had on Earth. Time travel or no.

At this point, I don't understand how any Mutant would want to live on Earth. The place sucks for them and it'll never get better.

Extraordinary Member

It was still a hell of a lot better than what they had on Earth. Time travel or no.

At this point, I don't understand how any Mutant would want to live on Earth. The place sucks for them and it'll never get better.
    It's not like any other planet is better.

It's not like any other planet is better.
    We don't know that. All we know is that Earth sucks for mutants.

Is it even a physical world, or universe, or dimension, or just back inside Legion's head?

A lot of mutants still have flatscan relatives who don't treat them like crap.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Is it even a physical world, or universe, or dimension, or just back inside Legion's head?
    Pocket dimension but those are physical worlds in comics.
    "Cable was right!"