Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Do You Think Marvel Studios Should Do Movies Not Set In The MCU?

We know even the distinguished competition is ramping up for a cohesive continuity similar to Marvel’s very successful MCU, they’ll still movies be making movies not set in the shared universe so I ask do you want Marvel to try a sims old approach and maybe try doing movies unrelated to the MCU and it’s ever expansive continuity or do you think it’d be pointless for Marvel to try? Curious for your thoughts.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I'd prefer to get more cartoons not set or based around the MCU.

Or even do animated movies like the Lionsgate series of films.

Not everything needs to be set in the MCU.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Lionsgate movies...were not good.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Yes, preferably a Marvel Knights or Black Label brand geared toward adults.

A one off film or series around Jim Shooter's New universe could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    The Lionsgate movies...were not good.
    I think a lot of them were underrated and pretty solid, even if I wouldn't put them at the level of some of DC's best animated films...

Can't complain about getting a proper Planet Hulk adaption or two movies of Hulk beating the @#$% out of stuff .

Invincible Member

I think they should do more based on their non-superhero properties. It seems like Werewolf By Night was well received, they should do something with their western and old comedy IPs.

"should they"... how are we defining that? there's all sorts of stuff they COULD do, and the MCU is pretty... well... it's like a blank canvas with 20 gallons of paint on it now.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

What about animated movies based on the MC2 rather than the MCU?

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

No reason why not, especially with the less than stellar reaction Phase 4 received.

Obviously, the output would have to be completely different to the MCU in order to justify being told outside of it. So, easiest way to do that is to do tentpole animation, or go more adult

Either would be interesting to me. I’m looking forward to X-Men ‘97 which will be the first non MCU based project by Marvel Studios, so let’s see.

I would love to see more animated marvel projects be it TV shows or a movie like "Into the Spider-Verse" I enjoy the MCU for the most part but it's overinfluence is a bit tiring in all Marvel media. I want to see another EMH that took more inspiration from the comics. Teams like the Avengers, Thunderbolts, Fantastic Four, Defenders, Young Avengers, X-Men ect would be so fun to see animated without the limitations of live action.

Niffleheim

I'm already getting too selective on what I want to watch in the MCU having a movie unconnected to the universe would make it too easy for me not to watch at all.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think they should do more based on their non-superhero properties. It seems like Werewolf By Night was well received, they should do something with their western and old comedy IPs.
    I've been wanting them to bring in a more comic-accurate Patsy Walker so maybe do a teen romance or romcom show that leads into her becoming Hellcat or marrying the Son of Satan ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I would love to see more animated marvel projects be it TV shows or a movie like "Into the Spider-Verse" I enjoy the MCU for the most part but it's overinfluence is a bit tiring in all Marvel media. I want to see another EMH that took more inspiration from the comics. Teams like the Avengers, Thunderbolts, Fantastic Four, Defenders, Young Avengers, X-Men ect would be so fun to see animated without the limitations of live action.
    I want more good, standalone, Marvel cartoons.

I think I'd rather see the characters loaned out to other studios for non-MCU content, and let Marvel Studios keep doing what they do.

If we get non-MCU content, I figure it should be made by another studio to help ensure that it feels different. Otherwise there's not much point.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd prefer to get more cartoons not set or based around the MCU.

Not everything needs to be set in the MCU.

The Moon Girl cartoon honestly felt like the best thing their animated division has put out since Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.