Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Upcoming Legacy Numbering

Im a little confused on how the Legacy numbering will go with No rood home.The second conon comic and Spider-man the middle issues

If any book is included in the Legacy numbering, it'll appear on the cover under the volume's actual number. If it doesn't appear, it either doesn't have a Legacy numbering, or the book isn't included.

Aaron's Avengers is skipping ten issues on the legacy count to slot No Road Home in.

All three Conan books should pick up the legacy numbering from the last Marvel issue under that title - they're ignoring the Dark Horse run.

Spider-Man the middle?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I meant Spider-man 16 and 16 hu .Its part of the story so i the Legacy numbering will include that

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I meant Spider-man 16 and 16 hu .Its part of the story so i the Legacy numbering will include that
    The Point issues aren't counted for Legacy Numbering (Venom Vol. 2 being the weird exception), so ASM's .HU issues, or any other book that has .1 or 0's aren't counted.

It would be so much easier if they used the "Legacy" number as the MAIN issue number, but Marvel must have that
    "Awe-Inspiring F#@%in'-Fantastic, Mind-Blowing, Over-priced #1 Issue!"
    number change every year or three.
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 02-10-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

So is Avengers: No Road Home adding to the current Avengers? That’s neat.
    It’ll be hitting 800 in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It would be so much easier if they used the "Legacy" number as the MAIN issue number, but Marvel must have that
    "Awe-Inspiring F#@%in'-Fantastic, Mind-Blowing, Over-priced #1 Issue!"
    number change every year or three.
    From a marketing standpoint, being able to produce multiple number ones and anniversary numbers divisible by 25 oversized and higher priced does appeal to the capitalists running Marvel. I used to never believe I'd ever have a coipy of Fantastic Four 1. Now I have many copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The Point issues aren't counted for Legacy Numbering (Venom Vol. 2 being the weird exception), so ASM's .HU issues, or any other book that has .1 or 0's aren't counted.
    Yeah, Champions #2 was LGY #29, and the last issue of the old volume was #27, so that means they didn't count the two Infinity Countdown issues or the Monsters Unleashed one. I expect that will be the case for all books.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Seems odd to me that Marvel's putting No Road Home in with the legacy numbering for Avengers since it's a mini running alongside the regular main Avengers book. But as many of us have pointed out, there seems to be no set rules about this and anything goes.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, I don't think it should count. I know it's a sequel to No Surrender, but there are plenty of issues of Avengers throughout their history that are followed up in in a standalone miniseries. Citizen Kang was an Avengers Annual. It was followed up with Terminatrix Objective. Admittedly, it's not a perfect example, since Citizen Kang was a crossover through the Annuals, but it would be a precedent for not counting No Road Home.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Oh, it should count - but towards a different series. New Avengers would've been best - they did actually mistakenly use that numbering (166) on some variant previews (which should be corrected on the released version) but for some reason counted No Surrender, and not U.S.Avengers despite U.S. being a continuation of Ewing's NA run, which No Surrender wrapped up! The legacy number including both would be 178, and would be 150 with neither. I assume the 166 numbering is actually intended for Duggan's new Avengers series which was announced in the Free Comic Book Day solicits. No reason why it couldn't have started from 188 (accounting for U.S.Avengers and No Road Home) instead.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Wonder if Marvel are seeing how DC are handling #1000s. With Spider-Man being bi weekly and Avengers also having weekly issues on top of regular, they’re only a few years away from hitting 1000 themselves.
    Maybe that’s the reasoning for No Road Home being included?

Although, I’m also not entirely sure it’s like Marvel to be thinking ahead like that.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Wonder if Marvel are seeing how DC are handling #1000s. With Spider-Man being bi weekly and Avengers also having weekly issues on top of regular, they’re only a few years away from hitting 1000 themselves.
    Maybe that’s the reasoning for No Road Home being included?

Although, I’m also not entirely sure it’s like Marvel to be thinking ahead like that.
    If Amazing Spider-Man keeps printing 2 issues every single month, it won't get to 1000 for another 7-8 years, so they've still got a while, given they're in the early 800s. Even counting No Road Home, Avengers is still in the early 700s, so that's got a long while to go too.

Yeah, Marvel has nothing close to 1000 yet, mainly because their oldest books started a little over two decades later.