Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Are most of the hero fights in Marvel due to the Avengers’s influence?

I was looking back on a lot of the infighting that has plagued Marvel lately, and it occurred to me that most of them seem to involve the Avengers. Why is that? Is infighting to Avengers stories what extinction is X-Men stories: something that the writers do over and over again?

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-iron-ma...a-weird-fight/. This article is a good example of how infighting was a big part of the them, and I think that it has spilled over into bigger stories (Civil War, for example).

Because Steve and Tony have actually never gone a single decade without throwing hands at each other.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I think a lot of hero vs hero fighting has been happening in recent years in general. Avenger in-fighting sort of takes center stage because almost all big company wide events these days are Avenger related...but it's not something entirely an Avenger thing. X-Men had a fair amount of internal conflict with the Schism stuff and with the Inhumans for example. Again, hero vs hero is just sort of a fad.

Historically the x-men have been in more good guy vs good guy stories than any other team.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I don't know if you have read comics at this time but I think heroes fighting each other has been the norm since the early 2000's before the Avengers films even came out.

I don't know a team without in fighting to be honest. Maybe power pack

It's kinda been a staple of Marvel 616 since inception. Nothing that hasn't been done before

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    It's kinda been a staple of Marvel 616 since inception. Nothing that hasn't been done before
    This. It's been there since the earliest, earliest days.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    This. It's been there since the earliest, earliest days.
    The thing and the Human torch were always at it as I recall

Extraordinary Member

I think it seems like Avengers cause so many conflicts becahse, well, they were given a lot of power and leeway compared to the X-Men, who have caused plenty of problems themselves.

It's something that has been there for decades. Most Marvel Team-Ups usually started with the heroes fighting before they actually worked together. Also it is the playground mentality of people wanting to know which hero would win in a fight.

It's always been there, but it's gotten much uglier in the last 20 years or so. It used to be a misunderstanding thing, and fights were usually a draw. Lately, though, the trend has been to make one side outright villainous, and have the winner utterly, UTTERLY humiliate the loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I think it seems like Avengers cause so many conflicts becahse, well, they were given a lot of power and leeway compared to the X-Men, who have caused plenty of problems themselves.
    And that the Avengers are now probably the "face" of the Marvel Universe in a way they haven't been in a while.

The most prominent "Hero vs. Hero" events (Civil War's I and II) had the Avengers as the face of it, and they were kind of the aggressors in AvX.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And that the Avengers are now probably the "face" of the Marvel Universe in a way they haven't been in a while.

The most prominent "Hero vs. Hero" events (Civil War's I and II) had the Avengers as the face of it, and they were kind of the aggressors in AvX.
    Exactly! They are sort of stuck now.

I think the Avengers definitely should play a part in any superhuman crisis. Been reading Marvel a while and while reading X-men and other non-Avengers title, I noticed that most superheroes defer to Cap & others once they are involved in the situation. Like high ranking non government military operatives. Before errbody n their mommas are Avengers, young or newly formed heroes would aspire to be in the Big leagues. I think of Clint right away.