Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Interesting piece on Scorpion as the epitome of the "just okay" villain in the context of the Fox cartoon's adaptation of his early appearances.

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-scorpion-martin-landau/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Not all of Spider-Man's rogues can be big threats and deals. Some of them can be uncomplicated and simplistic while offering unique physical and combat challenges to Spider-Man. Scorpion fits that.

Mighty Member

I was sure surprised waaaaay back in the day that the Scorpion suit could come off--I thought it was part of him! I think some Marvel editors thought the same and tried to clear it up with readers in Spider-Man when Gargan was unbalanced and had to be shown it would come off.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    The original Anti Spider-Man, funny how they still managed to make him a legacy villain but still kept him in that specific niche. Something I also find interesting is that it seems that Scorpion would have been a natural evolution of the Spider Slayers... but Scorpy was first!

I remember as a kid in the 90’s animated series he was mutating physically too... but I think they dropped that specific story line (or just ignored it), anyone want to fact check me?

Scorpion was planned for a Spectacular, but unfortunately, all we got from him was a name drop (I wonder how his story would have played out, we knew Miles Warren was already messing with genetics, and Jameson was pissed after Spider-Man's altercation with John. So I can put some things together, but the mechanical parts of the suit [tail] is where I draw a blank [anyone else have any educated guesses?])

I didn’t see enough of the Ultimate animated series to form an opinion on him there, however, I do remember him being a ninja and more of an enemy to Iron Fist... (and for some reason when I think of a ninja named Scorpion, my mind goes straight to Mortal Kombat)

Poor Scorpy was simple bad guy fodder in the most recent animated series...And...well...we don't know how this one came to be...as he just exists.

Back to the comics, Gargan taking Jonah to court would be quite the story to see.
    I do believe it became public knowledge at some point that Jonah was responsible for Gargan becoming the Scorpion, and at the beginning of Dan Slott's Big Time run, Alistair Smythe recruited Scorpion for his J. Jonah Jameson Revenge Squad, who were technologically augmented to basically be human Spider-Slayers, even to the point of being able to counter Spider-Man's spider-sense with their own danger-sense, which worked on the same frequency as the spider-sense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Scorpion would be just okay, but his connection to Jonah puts him in a special category of Jonah-created villains that he's at the top of. He's tied to the mythos, has a striking visual across his designs, and is a Ditko original. Scorpions are also spider predators. I like him.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I miss the more classic Scorpion. I don't think he's been quite the same since the whole Nu-Venom thing.
    I never cared for it same goes for the comicbook character Flash Thompson.

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT John Buscema!!!

Scorpion vs Ms. Marvel!

From Ms. Marvel #1.
    Art by John Buscema https://13thdimension.com/13-covers-...celebration-5/ and Joe Sinnott