Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Moses Magnum : an appreciation 2020

I love the way his name rolls off the tongue : "mo-sesss mag-numm"

Would love to see him as the villain in Black Panther 2 (Will Smith maybe?). He's an Ethiopean arms dealer turned supercrook with the ability to generate earthquakes. With some stolen vibranium he probably can. He could have the nanotech injected into his body and OD on it in the end. His past could maybe tie in with Zemo and Killmonger...

Anyone else like this guy?

Love Moses Magnum and him being in BP 2 would be awesome. Greatly under utilized villain.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    I love the way his name rolls off the tongue : "mo-sesss mag-numm"

Would love to see him as the villain in Black Panther 2 (Will Smith maybe?). He's an Ethiopean arms dealer turned supercrook with the ability to generate earthquakes. With some stolen vibranium he probably can. He could have the nanotech injected into his body and OD on it in the end. His past could maybe tie in with Zemo and Killmonger...

Anyone else like this guy?
    Seriously, why this guy hasn't been reinvented as Black Panther's archenemy is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Seriously, why this guy hasn't been reinvented as Black Panther's archenemy is beyond me.
    Thought the same thing here. I feel that he is perfect for retrofitting his character for contemporary usage while upgrading his power levels to present a challenge for T'challa. His seismic energy powerset works well with vibranium.

he does have a great name. and I consider it to be glaring error that Norman Osborn didn't recruit him as the 'Power Man' of his Dark Avengers team. he "fed" him to Daken of all people. I also find it odd that Moses doesn't have any kids given how long he's been around. i'm still waiting on the Magnum Twins to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Love Moses Magnum and him being in BP 2 would be awesome. Greatly under utilized villain.
    he was slated to be the main villain in Singleton's 'Luke Cage' movie way back when.

Extraordinary Member

I first encountered him in that Avengers 2-parter from 1998 (this was the year when they were mostly going up against obscure villains) where George Pérez gave him a Mr. T haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Oh my gosh I would love that so much. He has all the makings of a great villain I reckon

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Edi Gathegi, Barkhad Abdi and David Gyasi would be my top picks to play Moses Magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Edi Gathegi, Barkhad Abdi and David Gyasi would be my top picks to play Moses Magnum.
    post pics of them please.

I hope he is given his powers independent of Apocalypse. Apoc was retconned as having captured him after he was defeated by the X-Men. (Issue of classic x-men with new panels inserted-- loved the way they did that years ago. they'd probably never do it now.)

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    back in the day, my choice was always Eamonn Walker from Oz. but your picks will do! wouldn't be that thrilled for Barkhad, though. he's not the orator that Moses should be. i could see Edi Gathegi pull it off, though. how tall is he?

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    back in the day, my choice was always Eamonn Walker from Oz. but your picks will do! wouldn't be that thrilled for Barkhad, though. he's not the orator that Moses should be. i could see Edi Gathegi pull it off, though. how tall is he?
    Gathegi is 6ft ¼ in

Barkhad would probably make a better henchmen for Magnum to be honest although I thought he was pretty solid in Eye In The Sky as a Kenyan intelligence operative

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I first encountered him in that Avengers 2-parter from 1998 (this was the year when they were mostly going up against obscure villains) where George Pérez gave him a Mr. T haircut.

This was my first run-in w/ Moses Magnum, as well. "MOSES MAGNUM MEANS MURDER!" was the tag-line on the cover of #9. Good stuff.