Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Deadpool is a recent example. The guy has two r-rated movies and a rated M video game but he has a bunch of merch that appeals to kids.
    Which is ironic since he was created in a code approved comic.

Holy crap.

Also, about Police Academy = LOL at the toys and the cartoon when the movies even had the N-word. Sweet jesus.

Had a few of these growing up, long before I saw the movie. Looking back where the hell were my Vasquez and Hudson figures?
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Exactly. The original films were marketed towards adults, but once they were hits, the producers saw they could make money with merch for kids.
    Mental Exercise...

Add up every single human being who is murdered in T2.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Mental Exercise...

T2 was an adult movie with kid appeal eh just like how Aliens, Robocop, Rambo and all had kid appeal even with their merchandise?

And do you agree The Toxic Avenger was definitely NOT a movie for kids and was an X-rated (It was released with an X rating but released in theaters with no rating but a "due to the nature of this film no one under 17 will be admitted" warning on it? i mean i bet the 9 and 10 year olds back in 91 like me who liked the cartoons, had some toys, t-shirt and all rented the movie and were shocked even by that horrifying and brutal murder of a 12 year old boy getting his skull busted by a car and made those kids sick.

This was a kids toy in the 80s.

[IMG][/IMG]

Also, about Police Academy = LOL at the toys and the cartoon when the movies even had the N-word. Sweet jesus.

House party had a kids cartoon and comic also!

Mighty Member

I had a Freddy doll when i was 8 and i saw Elm Street 1 and 2 on video when i was 5 and saw Elm Street 3/4/5/6 in theaters when i was 6/7/8/10 and had a yoyo of Freddy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    I had a Freddy doll when i was 8 and i saw Elm Street 1 and 2 on video when i was 5 and saw Elm Street 3/4/5/6 in theaters when i was 6/7/8/10 and had a yoyo of Freddy as well.
    Lemme take a guess...

In each of those instances, you walked in all alone with your own cash and paid for it?

T2 was an adult movie with kid appeal eh just like how Aliens, Robocop, Rambo and all had kid appeal even with their merchandise?

And do you agree The Toxic Avenger was definitely NOT a movie for kids and was an X-rated (It was released with an X rating but released in theaters with no rating but a "due to the nature of this film no one under 17 will be admitted" warning on it? i mean i bet the 9 and 10 year olds back in 91 like me who liked the cartoons, had some toys, t-shirt and all rented the movie and were shocked even by that horrifying and brutal murder of a 12 year old boy getting his skull busted by a car and made those kids sick.
    No, it really wasn't. That you can't even ballpark the mental exercise that I brought up says a lot about just how much it was not.

It is in a category apart from the other films mentioned. Obviously so.

Invincible Member

Mental Exercise...

Fair point. I wasn't thinking of T2, but I think there was a couple of things going on there...changing Arnold's character into a good guy because of Arnold's career at that point, and the producers etc having an eye merchandise.

I think the ultimate point is that many of these concepts started out a lot edgier but after becoming popular, someone saw marketing potential and they became safer for kids.
    Last edited by ed2962; 02-11-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Most of them had Nintendo games too. Mostly horrible Nintendo games but Nintendo games none the less.
    Oh god. The Robocop Nintendo game. I could never beat that son of a bitch....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

Holy crap.

The video quality is pretty bad, but that looks like an awesomely detailed Alien figure. I want it!

Around the time of Alien 3, Fox was deep into production of a Saturday Morning cartoon spin-off called Project: Alien (I believe). I think it was going to be a cartoon following Ripley, Newt, and Hicks along with a squad of Marines going around the galaxy fighting aliens. You can find finished products that made it to the shelves of this.

And then Alien 3 came out, and Fox cancelled it all.

Mighty Member

Lemme take a guess...

In each of those instances, you walked in all alone with your own cash and paid for it?
    Me and my big brother who was 12/13/14 and 16 in 87/88/89/91 enjoyed the Elm Street films as we had our dad take us to see the movies in theaters and been a horror fan since i was 4 thanks to watching Psycho 1 and 2 with Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Alien, House of Wax etc. on TV to watching Creepshow with my family on video seeing the first r-rated film i saw in theaters at that age being Fright Night with my brother who was 10 and my mom and dad took me to see it as i also saw Commando, Silver Bullet, Death Wish 3, House (1986), Highlander, Murphy's Law, Cobra, Aliens, Vamp, The Fly, Manhunter, Deadly Friend, Maximum Overdrive, Lethal Weapon, Critical Condition, Creepshow 2, Beverly Hills Cop II and more r-rated films in theaters with my mom or dad or both even with my big brother.

No, it really wasn't. That you can't even ballpark the mental exercise that I brought up says a lot about just how much it was not.

It is in a category apart from the other films mentioned. Obviously so.
    So T2 was a film designed for adults like the first one right despite kids merchandise? i mean kids like myself did watched Terminator and i bet before T2 came out they thought since Arnold was a hero to kids including me and that the Terminator was gonna be the hero and have a kid sidekick, they would do kids merchandise like i had when i was 10 and seeing T2 in theaters as i bet kids saw it in theaters as well.

As for Rambo, the franchise maybe intended for adults but i think with the kid appeal back then, boys looked up to Stallone as a hero and he was one of my heroes too and so that's why they made merchandise for kids you know even a Rambo lunchbox to party favors and all.

Same for Robocop, his first 2 movies maybe for adults but he was a superhero so it screamed kid appeal as that's how they did a cartoon and merchandise for kids even a lunchbox.

And how do you explain Demolition Man getting action figures/toys for kids since the movie had cussing, graphic violence even a guy getting his eyeball plucked out by Simon Phoenix, scene of virtual sex, brief nudity and all?

So T2 was a film designed for adults like the first one right despite kids merchandise? i mean kids like myself did watched Terminator and i bet before T2 came out they thought since Arnold was a hero to kids including me and that the Terminator was gonna be the hero and have a kid sidekick, they would do kids merchandise like i had when i was 10 and seeing T2 in theaters as i bet kids saw it in theaters as well.

Let's take a look at the actual details here...

- The Terminator

... The T-800 murders at least two people in the night club.
    ... The T-800 murders in between ten and twenty people in the police station.
    ... The T-800 has nothing but "Adult" responses to the knock on the door.
    ... Fairly graphic scene of John being conceived.
    ... I believe the T-800 murders Sarah's mother.

- T2

... The T-1000 only murders one guy that happens to stay in the line of fire in the hallway in the mall.
    ... The T-1000 leaves folks in the Mental Hospital alive to focus on killing Sarah/John.
    ... John teaches the T-800 to give people the business with a minimum of swearing.
    ... John is giving the T-800 orders. Cannot be stressed enough.
    ... The switch gives the SWAT team a chance to get out of Cyberdyne alive.

Trying to ignore all of that to create a scenario where T2 is a comparable "R" compared to The Terminator makes almost zero sense.