Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The ALIEN line was a bit weird. Basically, they went with the concept from ALIEN 3 that the Alien copies DNA from it's host (also of course seen in the AVP movies), so you had a whole bunch of Aliens with animal attributes. They were actually pretty well designed by 90's standards.

The marines were a bit odd. Ripley basically leads them, and Hicks is part of the team although he doesn't seem to have acid scars of any kind. Bishop's fully repaired but is bald and wears sunglasses, Apone appears to have survived being cocooned and nuked, as well as Drake who seems to have survived getting half his face melted off (no damage there either!). The toys also came with small Dark Horse comic books.

They do refer a few times to the Archeron inciddent, so I guess it's kind of some weird alternate universe where they somehow managed to mostly survive. They made Vasquez and Hudson figures too but I don't think they came with comics.

On the video game side it's worth mentioning that Mortal Kombat got a 90's cartoon too, but it was ridicously toned down as well, with the characters saying "Kombat time!" as the catchphrase.
    Kind of weird but they still do that with the Alien and Predator franchise with the 90's Alien and Predator toys getting remade under Neca. They've been hard at work remaking them turning them into "realistic" versions as opposed to the stylized take they started with. A few of them are really good looking like the snake Alien.Two of the Predators (Hive Wars and Cracked Tusk) are now canonical to the Dark Horse Reboot appearing in the Life and Death trilogy.

Just recently it was announced the Berserker (the Predator with the jaw bone affixed to the mask) from 2010's Predators is actually getting a new toy made like the 90's figures.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

As far as the Aliens toyline goes, is was supposed to be toys for an Aliens cartoon series that never got off the ground.

http://www.alienscollection.com/operationaliens.html

Makes a little bit more sense when you look at it like that. Looks like it could have been cool.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Yeah the only ones I can think of kids might like are logan and Deadpool due to superheroes. I can't think of any kids would really care about today. Venom got away with a bit for pg-13. As for the 80s ands R films well films like T2 are things kids would like. T2 had a comic book like feel. Other R films I'm sure kids did not care about.

Also anyone have any of these? "He doesn't know how to use the 3 shells."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    As far as the Aliens toyline goes, is was supposed to be toys for an Aliens cartoon series that never got off the ground.

http://www.alienscollection.com/operationaliens.html

Makes a little bit more sense when you look at it like that. Looks like it could have been cool.
    I remember reading about that in Comicscene (remember that magazine) about an upcoming Aliens animated series.