Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    From Amazon.com (and yes this does change from time to time but it help gauge some type of sales)

Mera: Queen of Atlantis
    #186 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > DC
    #609 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

#1966 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics, Manga & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #5825 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

Mera: Tidebreaker (not out yet preorders only)
    #58 in Books > Teens > Literature & Fiction > Comics & Graphic Novels > Media Tie-Ins
    #252 in Books > Teens > Literature & Fiction > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #466 in Books > Children's Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Media Tie-In

I would say all these numbers are good. ESPECIALLY the ones for teens. If that books does what Jason Reynolds's Mile Morales book is STILL doing now (a constant top seller)-Dc got a winner.

Compared to some of the Marvel females-she is doing VERY well.

So in all truth there is NO excuse for DC not doing more with her.
    Those are good numbers, and much more evocative of the market at large.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

So in all truth there is NO excuse for DC not doing more with her.
    The people in charge want a soft reboot with KDC despite the popularity of the material closer to the movie in spirit. It's more a symptom of DC not caring about what the fans want and instead going by the preferences of the individual editors who seem to want to reboot the property since DCYou. Presumably because they think the previous takes (and the movie) are a flash in the pan.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I hope Mera stays a full-time member of the League even after Aquaman returns. Her status as a full-time permanent(as far as permanent gets in the League) is long overdue.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The people in charge want a soft reboot with KDC despite the popularity of the material closer to the movie in spirit. It's more a symptom of DC not caring about what the fans want and instead going by the preferences of the individual editors who seem to want to reboot the property since DCYou. Presumably because they think the previous takes (and the movie) are a flash in the pan.
    I think you're right. There seems to be a desire to force Aquaman back into a 90s aesthetic, despite how popular Johns has been and how amazingly well the film has done.

DCYou pushed it and that was not well received at ALL. The current run seems to be stirring up that same pot.

I wish we could just have an organic continuation of the Johns/Parker/Abnett stuff, a feel close to the film.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I think you're right. There seems to be a desire to force Aquaman back into a 90s aesthetic, despite how popular Johns has been and how amazingly well the film has done.

DCYou pushed it and that was not well received at ALL. The current run seems to be stirring up that same pot.

I wish we could just have an organic continuation of the Johns/Parker/Abnett stuff, a feel close to the film.
    For all we know, we're going to go back to that tone with KSD. She could be using the current arc to find her sealegs, so to speak, and set up shop for the run. Arthur hasn't really reminded me of PAD's run of yet.

I'm perfectly A-OK with Mera joining the JLA alongside Arthur, but I don't want her to supplant him. If he's not going to be king and he's not going to be Atlantis' champion, then Mera just kind of supplants him completely and that sucks.

I've loved her since I read silver age reprints of the '60s Aquaman, and the Johns/Parker/Abnett stuff solidified that, like the Hawks and Green Arrow/Black Canary, Aquaman works best with his other half. Splitting them up sucks, but DC editorial seems to hate functional, healthy relationships (which really says some unfortunate things on their behalf).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I hope Mera stays a full-time member of the League even after Aquaman returns. Her status as a full-time permanent(as far as permanent gets in the League) is long overdue.
    I thought after Hitch left, Priest would use her but he just ignored the last 8 issues where she was part of the team. So while I am glad she's appearing in the JL again, I'm not getting my hopes up.