Default An Ex-Mutants question

I was just looking around for an old series I haven't read yet, and decided to give the Ex-Mutants a shot. I was wondering if the newer series by Malibu, has any connections whatsoever to the earlier Ex-Mutants stuff that was put out by Eternity and Pied Piper Comics.

Are they even supposed to be the same continuity, just with a new team. Or was the Malibu series a complete remake?

And hey, a Sega Genesis game? Sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    I was just looking around for an old series I haven't read yet, and decided to give the Ex-Mutants a shot. I was wondering if the newer series by Malibu, has any connections whatsoever to the earlier Ex-Mutants stuff that was put out by Eternity and Pied Piper Comics.

Are they even supposed to be the same continuity, just with a new team. Or was the Malibu series a complete remake?

And hey, a Sega Genesis game? Sign me up.
    The non-b&w Malibu series in the 1990s had similar concepts, but wasn't really a continuation of the characters in the previous b&w versions.
    And by the way, the original series also had quite a few lives, including the "Shattered Earth Chronicles" phase in the late 1980s that had Ex-Mutants, New Humans, Shattered Earth, and Wild Knights. (Not sure if anything else was connected to that phase.)

Geez, I didn't even know about those other titles.

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    Geez, I didn't even know about those other titles.