Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

This got posted on Instagram recently (click here if the image doesn't work on this post):

jasmine aladdin.jpg

Pretty good translation of the red outfit from drawing to reality, not to mention that Naomi Scott wears it well. (Assuming that this isn't just some Photoshop stunt, in which case it's a darn good fake.)

Think of all the stills and publicity shots of the character for the new movie, this's the first one with Jasmine wearing midriff-bearing clothing, as opposed to the original movie where she wore nothing but that.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 02-11-2019 at 03:28 PM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

^Like I said, fine af.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

No real issues with Will Smith as Genie, it's about what I expected in any case. But boy, going by these trailers this film is seriously lacking in visual contrast. A lot of fore/middleground elements just get lost in the backgrounds.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Jafar didn't wow me.

But I think it's a given if Will Smith is playing the genie, the genie should look like Will Smith. As far as I know he's the biggest actor on the movie by far, and there will likely be plenty of people going to see it because of him. So having Genie both look and sound like him just makes sense.
    We saw Jafar for like two seconds.

I'll wait and see about Wills Smith's Genie. Honestly, the CGI looks unfinished, and it was probably too early to reveal but they felt they had to.

BANNED

I thought it looked great, except that when Will came on the first thing I thought was that it reminded me of early Iron man films when Downey's head was pasted on top of the armor, and the two elements didn't move right together. Visually I thought it was fantastic in every other regard. Beyond that, there wasn't enough to make a judgement.

I'm starting to think that that red costume photo I posted about earlier is a fan Photoshop job. It looks too much like an altered and recolored version of the Entertainment Weekly cover (see on this page to be anything but. I mean, the pose is identical, the jewelry and clothing are the same baring the color and the cut (which are pretty easy to change), it looks like some of the gold trim was cut off when turning the dress into a crop top, and adding the ponytail and extra skin isn't too hard if you have the right images to splice in. Still a darn good job, though, even if it's not real.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

I'll wait and see about Wills Smith's Genie. Honestly, the CGI looks unfinished, and it was probably too early to reveal but they felt they had to.
    Good point. It's still just a teaser, not a complete trailer.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

I think. because much like scar Jafar had a iconic voice and be sounded completely different its throwing people. I'm sure after a couple minutes of seeing him on screen people will get use to it.

As for the Gennie I immediately got a Sharks tale vibe. Cause that movie did a good job of making the fish look like the actors and so seeing an animated Will Smith with those ears and voice made me think sharks tale

Astonishing Member

Will Smith was the genie looks like will smith as the genie, not sure how else he could look, lol. Hafar is too darn pretty, that just ain’t right. Mostly, it just seemed too serious. Will smith genie didn’t really fit because he was making jokes and everything else was so dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    This got posted on Instagram recently (click here if the image doesn't work on this post):

jasmine aladdin.jpg

Pretty good translation of the red outfit from drawing to reality, not to mention that Naomi Scott wears it well. (Assuming that this isn't just some Photoshop stunt, in which case it's a darn good fake.)

Think of all the stills and publicity shots of the character for the new movie, this's the first one with Jasmine wearing midriff-bearing clothing, as opposed to the original movie where she wore nothing but that.
    *whistles*

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I thought it looked great, except that when Will came on the first thing I thought was that it reminded me of early Iron man films when Downey's head was pasted on top of the armor, and the two elements didn't move right together.
    Sometimes it still doesn't. 90% of the time I don't notice it, but with Tony Stark in Civil War at the airport (right before the big brawl) and in Infinity War on Titan with Peter in the background, their exposed heads don't match well with their suits, and it takes me out of the movie. Same with Banner in the Hulkbuster.

To reiterate, most of those helmet less scenes, I don't notice any paste jobs. But when I do, it really yanks my attention away from the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Sometimes it still doesn't. 90% of the time I don't notice it, but with Tony Stark in Civil War at the airport (right before the big brawl) and in Infinity War on Titan with Peter in the background, their exposed heads don't match well with their suits, and it takes me out of the movie. Same with Banner in the Hulkbuster.

To reiterate, most of those helmet less scenes, I don't notice any paste jobs. But when I do, it really yanks my attention away from the movie.
    Bruce in the Hulk buster is the only time I've taken notice.

Pass.

I don't see the need to remake their biggest hits, live action at that, to basically try and hit all the same beats, but in a less entertaining and quality way.

And yes, I've had the same problem with Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, etc. The live action versions just end up being pale imitations. And Will Smith just ends being pale.

Now, if they wanted to try their less successful films, like Black Cauldron, and fix the issues with them, I would be fine with that. But these remakes? Nah. I'll check out Shazam, How to Train Your Dragon, and Broly over these any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Pass.

I don't see the need to remake their biggest hits, live action at that, to basically try and hit all the same beats, but in a less entertaining and quality way.

And yes, I've had the same problem with Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, etc. The live action versions just end up being pale imitations. And Will Smith just ends being pale.

Now, if they wanted to try their less successful films, like Black Cauldron, and fix the issues with them, I would be fine with that. But these remakes? Nah. I'll check out Shazam, How to Train Your Dragon, and Broly over these any day.
    I think Jungle Book was a perfect example of the way to do it. I felt it was added to the story didnt just reread it beat by beat. Beauty and the best I didnt like, I'll stick to the original on that one. But if Aladdin and Lion King are more Jungle book then Beaity and the beast I'll gladly pay money to see them. Though I havent seen a live action remake in theaters yet.

I think. because much like scar Jafar had a iconic voice and be sounded completely different its throwing people. I'm sure after a couple minutes of seeing him on screen people will get use to it.
    The odd thing is in that scene jafar was pretending to be a old man to trick Aladdin in the cartoon. Is the young look and voice a trick to fool Aladdin or is that what he really looks and sounds like the full movie?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think Jungle Book was a perfect example of the way to do it. I felt it was added to the story didnt just reread it beat by beat. Beauty and the best I didnt like, I'll stick to the original on that one. But if Aladdin and Lion King are more Jungle book then Beaity and the beast I'll gladly pay money to see them. Though I havent seen a live action remake in theaters yet.
    I like going to see them to see what they go back to the text for. The Jungle Book remake arguably had more Kipling in it than the original.