Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    They added some stuff in beauty of the beast but most of it added nothing. Maurice being a more fleshed out character is the only praise I'll give it. They added a new song beast sings and it was hot garbage. That said Jungle Book I felt was superior to the original in everyway and was a great movie. First thing was ShareKhan was actually terrifying and then like you said it wasnt a beat for beat remake it did it's own thing. And Favrou who did it is doing Lion King so hopefuly we get a new take on the story while also paying Homage like Jungle Book
    I think Lion King was perfect and doesn't need any remake, i'm not giving Disney my money this year and gonna ban that mouse's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    I think Lion King was perfect and doesn't need any remake, i'm not giving Disney my money this year and gonna ban that mouse's ass.
    That's good for you but alot of people want these movies, especially Lion King. So dont be surprised when the Mouse doesnt notice. I can get saying you dont like these movie and your not gonna watch them. But saying they shouldnt exist is silly. Your opinion is heavily out weighed. And so far they have been all super successful. It's like me saying Harry Potter movies shouldnt exist cause I don't like them. If I said that I would hope people would clown me because its absurd and childish.

That's good for you but alot of people want these movies, especially Lion King. So dont be surprised when the Mouse doesnt notice. I can get saying you dont like these movie and your not gonna watch them. But saying they shouldnt exist is silly. Your opinion is heavily out weighed. And so far they have been all super successful. It's like me saying Harry Potter movies shouldnt exist cause I don't like them. If I said that I would hope people would clown me because its absurd and childish.
    Yep. Disney's strategy is going to be the same as any other studio or campaign out there -- if one person outright bans them, advertise to get three more in their place.

Now, of course, boycotts work, but they generally work when there's a big movement behind it. The quality of a movie usually isn't that high on the list to organize an effective boycott around.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yep. Disney's strategy is going to be the same as any other studio or campaign out there -- if one person outright bans them, advertise to get three more in their place.

Now, of course, boycotts work, but they generally work when there's a big movement behind it. The quality of a movie usually isn't that high on the list to organize an effective boycott around.
    Exactly especialy since popular opinion was Jungle Book and Beauty of the best were good(I personally hated the latter but that's not important) so most people arent even gonna agree on the quality let alone boycott it. Aladins Genie looks goofy and Jafar is too young and sexy. We havent even got a full blow trailer yet just teasers. People didn't like Hearh Ledgers Jokers look before they saw the film either. I'm willing to wait and judge Genie on the final product not a 3second clips.

Side not if I was the one making this film I would have cast Eddie Murphy(I know they are making Mulan and Hopefuly hes Mushu in that) Eddie Murphy is the only other comedian who cast as big a shadow as Robin William's. Now that said I wasnt bothered by Will Smith's one line either so hes definetly a good choice on paper in my mind too. Just think Eddie Murphy is a rare comedian who cast a shadow big enough to rival Robin Williams. But much like the two of them Will Smith has a very distinct style and Humor so as long as he just plays himself I think it will turn out ok. If he starts doing a impersonation its gonna be a problem imo

Exactly especialy since popular opinion was Jungle Book and Beauty of the best were good(I personally hated the latter but that's not important) so most people arent even gonna agree on the quality let alone boycott it. Aladins Genie looks goofy and Jafar is too young and sexy. We havent even got a full blow trailer yet just teasers. People didn't like Hearh Ledgers Jokers look before they saw the film either. I'm willing to wait and judge Genie on the final product not a 3second clips.

Side not if I was the one making this film I would have cast Eddie Murphy(I know they are making Mulan and Hopefuly hes Mushu in that) Eddie Murphy is the only other comedian who cast as big a shadow as Robin William's. Now that said I wasnt bothered by Will Smith's one line either so hes definetly a good choice on paper in my mind too. Just think Eddie Murphy is a rare comedian who cast a shadow big enough to rival Robin Williams. But much like the two of them Will Smith has a very distinct style and Humor so as long as he just plays himself I think it will turn out ok. If he starts doing a impersonation its gonna be a problem imo
    I think the problem is Will Smith isnt a comedian and he hasnt been in a good movie in a while. He just turns up, plays himself then walks off set.

Jungle Book wasn't a direct remake of the 1967 film despite a few homages but more of another adaptation of the book by Kipling...
    Dude, you need to refresh your memory of the original; the live action movie was a direct remake of it with some nods to the original book. It hit the same major story beats (sometimes in a different order) and did have a different ending, but the characters are the Disney versions, the humor is well in line.

...and i think Disney should do a separate adaptation series of the Prydain books and not be a direct remake of The Black Cauldron film they attempted in 1985...
    Huh.

...that's preciously the kind of live-action adaptation to see than a lazy remake of the original disney films themselves like Beauty is a direct near shot to shot (as i heard) remake of the masterpiece from 1991...
    Never saw that one, so I couldn't say.

...and i heard Cinderella is another adaptation of the book and not a direct remake of the 1950 film.
    It follows the story of the original movie pretty closely, but the Disney touches are pretty muted (the names carry over but the animals are extras), so it feels more like an adaptation of the original fairy tale then the original movie. I didn't like that, since I'd signed up for the former, not the latter.

That said Jungle Book I felt was superior to the original in everyway and was a great movie. First thing was ShareKhan was actually terrifying and then like you said it wasnt a beat for beat remake it did it's own thing.
    I like them both about equally for different reasons. Each did Shere Khan well in their own way, with good choices for the actors.

I agree it doesn't "need" one, but I'm interested in seeing a new perspective on it. This's my childhood here, so I'll be up for a new way to re-examine that. If it's bad, hey, the original is still good.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Much better. Still wouldn't call it great though.

The only reason I'd see this film is Will Smith.

Jaffar and Aladdin appear to be miscast. The set designs also seem subpar in some scenes. I know there is no western world equivalent for Agrabah but they could have at least built some intricate sets or CGI'd things like Disney always does
    The J-man

That's a much better trailer! Plus the two main heroes talk this time! Jafar still sounds like a teen and the genies cg face still looks dumb but the rest of genies cg looks much better this time. Much better trailer this time.

They also have a new poster.

[IMG][/IMG]

the genie the carpet and the monkey look like the best thing about this movie.

When Will Smith's CGI looks better than all the backgrounds and set pieces you've got a problem.

How long did they spend on casting for this movie?
    The J-man

think this trailer's a big improvement over the teaser

BANNED

That wasn't too shabby. Will works better out of Genie mode, Jafar and Alladin I'm a little iffy on. Jasmin's fine.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    That's a much better trailer! Plus the two main heroes talk this time! Jafar still sounds like a teen and the genies cg face still looks dumb but the rest of genies cg looks much better this time. Much better trailer this time.

They also have a new poster.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Very MCU-ish poster.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-12-2019 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Every MCU-ish poster.
    Blue and orange go a long way.

Jasmine seems okay. I'm also probably biased because I've seen Naomi Scott's other work and know she has range.

hopefully Will isn't the darkest skinned person in this film you know considering this is a desert city.

I guess my main gripe is still Aladdin and Jafar outside of the sets. Hope this film proves me wrong
    The J-man