Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Probably go see this cuz of WS's genie almost everything else looks bland.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I'm feeling a lot better about the movie now (and I was pretty positive all the way). Hope Jafar shows more range in the final product then he does in the trailer. Will Smith's Genie seems to be a decent balance between the original character and something new. Hope Iago talks like he does in the originals (he's my favorite character).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I like the poster. Nice and colorful and shows a lot of the characters.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Hope Iago talks like he does in the originals (he's my favorite character).
    He'll be voiced by Alan Tudyk.

I'm feeling a lot better about the movie now (and I was pretty positive all the way). Hope Jafar shows more range in the final product then he does in the trailer. Will Smith's Genie seems to be a decent balance between the original character and something new. Hope Iago talks like he does in the originals (he's my favorite character).

I like the poster. Nice and colorful and shows a lot of the characters.
    Wow liked that 1000x better and I'm now excited for this. Genie seems like hes gonna be cool and loved some of the visuals. But as soon as A whole new world started playing the trailer took it to another level for me. Defeintly went from see it eventually to I'll be there opening weekend.

We still havent seen Jafar be menacing and I dont know this actor so I'm curious about that but Jafar is the only one I'm not sold on.

Basically what alot of us were saying. Let us see more then a short teaser and now the Dislike to Like ratio is more In line with what you would expect. This movie is gonna do just fine, Dumbo I'm worried about And also have no interest In watching. But saw the projections right now have it opening to 75-80mil so I'm sure that movie is gonn be fine too.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 03-13-2019 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tudyk does sound like a good choice on paper; he's very good at voiceovers (compare how different his various Disney roles are), so I'm sure he'll do good, even if no one will replace Gilbert Gottfried. Wonder if they'll try taking the character in a new direction or if Tudyk will be channeling the original version.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Also I like Genie better in this one but I actually prefer he looks human like 80% the time I just think it works better and I like the look. The part where he pushes aladin to say hi to Jasmine was the most endearing part of the trailer. Excited for this

honestly the more I watch the trailer the more I like it, it's to the point that this is the first live action remake I might actually see in theaters

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    honestly the more I watch the trailer the more I like it, it's to the point that this is the first live action remake I might actually see in theaters
    Yea i saw jungle book but thats it so far. Just tried watching Christopher Robin on Netflix found Pooh Hilarious but the rest boring and turned it off I'll finish it later

New poster.

[IMG][/IMG]

Cinemiacon info confirms cg footage in the first teasers were not complete and it looks better in new footage. Genie cg is MUCH better and will does a great job as genie. Sings a updated friend like me with updated jokes. Sounds like Disney made two awful trailers to what might be a good movie. It's a shame about that. Disney can make great trailers so don't know what went wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Cinemiacon info confirms cg footage in the first teasers were not complete and it looks better in new footage. Genie cg is MUCH better and will does a great job as genie. Sings a updated friend like me with updated jokes. Sounds like Disney made two awful trailers to what might be a good movie. It's a shame about that. Disney can make great trailers so don't know what went wrong here.
    Is the consensus that the second trailer was bad? Because I really liked the most recent trailer. And I havent seen alot of backlash against it

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Is the consensus that the second trailer was bad? Because I really liked the most recent trailer. And I havent seen alot of backlash against it
    The internet is mostly a collection of echo chambers. I'm pretty sure that most people aren't even aware of the online controversy the first trailer even had.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The internet is mostly a collection of echo chambers. I'm pretty sure that most people aren't even aware of the online controversy the first trailer even had.
    Well the first one had way more dislikes on YouTube right the second has way more likes then dislikes. That's my only barometer

There have been three trailers not two. The first one was getting called a Disney channel tv movie. The second one was so hated they dropped the frozen 2 trailer two months early to counter it! Most everyone liked the third trailer other then 12 year old sounding jafar. Genies face still looked dumb but the cg was much better and we saw him act more like genie. Third one turned it around for many people who asked why they didn't show that trailer first! Plus we had to wait for the third trailer to hear the two main heroes even talk!

Retired

They showed the trailer before SHAZAM! and I was surprised to hear "Don't you dare close your eyes!" in the flying carpet scene. That line hasn't aged well and I would expect them to change the lyric so it doesn't sound so creepy.