Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Aladdin could be a bad remake, and Lion King a good one, y’know?

P.S., the “doesn’t want a remake but wants a remake” logic is flawed.
    Lol thinking the same thing. I dont have a problem with the Aladdin trailer anyway. Genie looks weird but we only saw 5seconds of him. the rest if the trailer was fine with me. I woulda cast someone else for Jafar but again we got a couple seconds of him. there is no evidence this is gonna be hot garbage. And even if Dinsey got 50/50 on they're remakes that fine by me.Jungle Book showed me they can make a faithful remake while also adding something to the story. And Favrou who did that is doing Lion King. I can get not liking something but to hate soemthing so much that you think the entire category shouldn't exist is weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol thinking the same thing. I dont have a problem with the Aladdin trailer anyway. Genie looks weird but we only saw 5seconds of him. the rest if the trailer was fine with me. I woulda cast someone else for Jafar but again we got a couple seconds of him. there is no evidence this is gonna be hot garbage. And even if Dinsey got 50/50 on they're remakes that fine by me.Jungle Book showed me they can make a faithful remake while also adding something to the story. And Favrou who did that is doing Lion King. I can get not liking something but to hate soemthing so much that you think the entire category shouldn't exist is weird to me.
    To hate something so much that one creates a blog post every few days about it, all while denying that anyone enjoys said thing (when there's evidence to the contrary), is what's really confusing to me...

Like...

"Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    I saw the trailer and MY GOD it looks like hot garbage.

And if anyone is appalled by how bad Disney's live action remake of Aladdin looks? Don't just boycott that film. Boycott all of Disney's live action remakes. That includes The Lion King, Dumbo and Lady and the Tramp.

Because if you contribute to The Lion King or Dumbo being hits, you are not showing Disney anything other than you want more of this horseshit. Bad reviews won't mean a thing. Disney cares only about the bottom line and pure profit. Aladdin could completely tank and lose hundreds of millions of dollars and Disney would not bat an eye if The Lion King makes over a billion and Dumbo is profitable.
    If you think Disney is bad now wait until they make their X-Men movies and you start to like X-Men 3. I don't know why Disney started doing live actions of their cartoons. Disney has yet to cover all the fairy tales in animation. they have not made Hansel and Gretel , Rumpelstiltskin, the brave little taylor. jumping to live action of their already animated classics has become an unforgivable cash grab. Aladdin looks bad, lion king look worse. Did you see baby simba in the trailer? LOL.

Are we expected to believe in a convincing manner of that type of animation talking? when did Chronicles of Narnia come out? 2005. the lion in that movie looks better than Lion king 2019.

I will have rather watched a Rumpelstiltskin animation than a live action lion king or Aladdin from Disney.

Aladdin could be a bad remake, and Lion King a good one, y’know?

P.S., the “doesn’t want a remake but wants a remake” logic is flawed.
    Aladdin looks like the better remake of the two just to tell you how bad I think Lion King looks.

To hate something so much that one creates a blog post every few days about it, all while denying that anyone enjoys said thing (when there's evidence to the contrary), is what's really confusing to me...

Like...

Yea I got no problem in someone expressing how much they hate something but to say they shouldnt exist when tons of people get enjoyment out of it is weird to me. I hate Harry Potter movies I see no situation in which I would wish they didnt exist. Tons of people love them good for them, it's just not for me at all.

Aladdin as a live action film is fine. Most people are fine with it. They just hated the trailer. They hated what they saw not that they made the movie. A lot of people were looking forward to the film but was let down by the awful trailer. Movie might be great but the teaser stunk.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Aladdin as a live action film is fine. Most people are fine with it. They just hated the trailer. They hated what they saw not that they made the movie. A lot of people were looking forward to the film but was let down by the awful trailer. Movie might be great but the teaser stunk.
    It's a disconnection most people are struggling with. with the animation 20-25 years ago , there was a sense of wonder. a magic that drew you in. these live action films screams cash grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    It's a disconnection most people are struggling with. with the animation 20-25 years ago , there was a sense of wonder. a magic that drew you in. these live action films screams cash grab.
    I'm not defending this remake, but every big film is a cash grab. Disney didn't make the original Aladdin out of charity and the goodness of their hearts, but it's also not mutually exclusive to have a good movie and a profit-driven movie. The studio doesn't just need to make money to stay in business and make execs rich, they also need money to pay the cast and crew, from the big name star to the caterer and the janitor.

Whether that cash grab is quality art and entertainment is the actual question.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea I got no problem in someone expressing how much they hate something but to say they shouldnt exist when tons of people get enjoyment out of it is weird to me. I hate Harry Potter movies I see no situation in which I would wish they didnt exist. Tons of people love them good for them, it's just not for me at all.
    Hell, I hate the Star Wars movies. I've watched nearly every single one, and can't find one single redeeming factor (for myself) in them. The characters, the story, the action...it's all bland, cringy, campy, cheap shit to me.

I've expressed this opinion a time or two, when appropriately engaged in discussion about said topic, but I don't go around lambasting Star Wars movies/merchandise/creators or SW fans every chance I get, making Wall-o'-Text posts just to boost my ego.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."