Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I should go and post my like on it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    With Aladdin, Lion King, and Mulan coming I'm torn on other I'd want to see. I think Pocahontas and Hercules are the Obvious choices. Problem with Hercules is that it takes a fat crap all over Greek mythology but from Disney stand point that had to. I mean they were making PG movies in the 90s they didnt want to mention that Zeus cheated on his wife with everyone in a rapey way alot of times. Hera making Hercules kills his family all that had to be changed I get it. But if they could make a beautiful looking version that visually looks like the classic but then changes the story beats I'd be happy. Maybe take Hera out of the story. She is irrelevant to Dosneys story, just say Zeus had a child with a mortal and pretend Hera dont exist. And then everything can stay the same except hades doesnt need to take Hercs God hood away he jsut doesnt have it but hades still wants him dead because of what the oracles told them.
    I can't see Disney touching Pocahantas with a ten foot pole after the controversy the original animated film generated. And Hercules wasn't much of a success.

Hercules is getting a stage show.

https://ew.com/theater/2019/02/06/hercules-musical/

Also--

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Hercules is getting a stage show.Also--

Maybe?

10char
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The actress it too white. The thing about Jasmine was she was the first Disney princess to be a woman of color.
    Im kinda offended by this comment Naomi Scott looks the part to me and at the end of the day does it really matter all that much how light or dark she is?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I can't see Disney touching Pocahantas with a ten foot pole after the controversy the original animated film generated. And Hercules wasn't much of a success.
    The fact they're real people involved and they Disnify it is a issue. I mean Pocahontas had a short and tragic life and JOHN Smith wasnt a hero. But if you have actual native American work on the film I'm sure they can make it work maybe keep Pochahontas acknowledge that its 100% historicly inaccurate and maybe just make John Smith a made up fictional person. But alot about Pochahontas was quite beautiful if you dont think about the real life people and the true story. I'm sure there are ways to remake the essence of that movie without upsetting people. It really jsut the fact Pocahontas is basically a horror story and Disney made it Into a romantic story with JOHN Smith as a hero.

Hercules definelty didnt do aswell at the boxoffice compared to what Disney was used to but it was well revieww it just had good competition. MIB,Face Off(I think), Air Force one...but it was by no means a failure and spawned another movie and a cartoon and alot of Merchandise and Homevideos sales. And is now considered a Disney Classis with other movies from the Era. Also people are suggesting Sword in the stone and Black Cauldron I doubt the movies have the recognition that Hercules does.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-17-2019 at 12:07 AM.

Plus Hercules did a crossover with Aladdin!

Likes dislikes about to hit a milestone. Dislikes about to hit 100,000 by next few days!

Likes 62,313 dislikes--99,111

And Aladdin has reached a milestone! 100,478 dislikes! Congratulations on the milestone Aladdin!

And with that i'm done with the dislikes.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 02-17-2019 at 07:39 AM.

Mighty Member

Looks crap, i'd rather have a new adaptation of the Aladdin and his wonderful lamp story than be a straight up remake of the 1992 animated classic, this looks like a half-assed attempt to be a remake/rip-off of the classic film just like last year's Beauty and the Beast which i have no desire to see but heard bad things from one of my youtube reviewer friends and Disney is not gonna get my money this year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Looks crap, i'd rather have a new adaptation of the Aladdin and his wonderful lamp story than be a straight up remake of the 1992 animated classic, this looks like a half-assed attempt to be a remake/rip-off of the classic film just like last year's Beauty and the Beast which i have no desire to see but heard bad things from one of my youtube reviewer friends and Disney is not gonna get my money this year.
    I have to admit it looks more crap than Lion King and that was really crap to look at. Somethings are just best left animated. lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    I have to admit it looks more crap than Lion King and that was really crap to look at. Somethings are just best left animated. lol
    I saw the trailer and MY GOD it looks like hot garbage.

And if anyone is appalled by how bad Disney's live action remake of Aladdin looks? Don't just boycott that film. Boycott all of Disney's live action remakes. That includes The Lion King, Dumbo and Lady and the Tramp.

Because if you contribute to The Lion King or Dumbo being hits, you are not showing Disney anything other than you want more of this horseshit. Bad reviews won't mean a thing. Disney cares only about the bottom line and pure profit. Aladdin could completely tank and lose hundreds of millions of dollars and Disney would not bat an eye if The Lion King makes over a billion and Dumbo is profitable.

Aladdin looks like crap, the CGI that was crapped on the original film on the enterance to the cave looks just as fake as the teaser and doesn't have any of the style or flare the CGI one did, this has none and feeling not of the cast members even Will Smith as Genie. The CGI of him is atrocious and Disney is getting raked over the coals on how poor this is and looks bland/boring and none of it is making me go "Oh it looks like an event film", same for Lion King. Can't we just re-issue the original films with some updated animation because they still hold up really good to this day, both Aladdin and Lion King and two of them in my opinion are the best animated films of the 90s among others. We don't need an update, we don't need a live-action remake of Lion King which isn't even live-action, it's CGI, don't need a live-action remake of Aladdin as it's already been made, i mean maybe do a new adaptation of Aladdin and his wonderful life than do a remake of the Disney film.

I hope the people who saw the trailer and didn't like what they saw then speak with your wallet, and if your tired of Disney's lazy halfassed cashgrab remakes of their classics, don't pay to see them. So if you are sick of this lazy **** as much as I am, do not pay to see any of their live action remakes and just contribute to diminishing returns. I have yet to give them a single cent for these casghrab efforts and I will continue to do so. That is the only way they will consider stopping. Because if they keep making money, no matter how bad the word of mouth and reviews are, Disney will not give a damn and keep making them. And if any film of live-action bombs then Disney will be like "oh wow, i guess people are tired of this! i guess audiences doesn't want this!" and that's how your gonna send your message. And if they are hits and make a billion dollars, all it takes is just one of them and one be saying "Oh i wanna see Lion King" and if your like "Aladdin looks like crap but the other ones i wanna go see" then it defeats the purpose, cause if Aladdin underperforms then it doesn't mean cause Disney can absorb that hit in the face, no problem. But if Dumbo and Lion King are both big hits especially Lion King then they are gonna keep these remakes, i guarantee it, no matter how bad the reviews are for Aladdin, no matter how many people don't go to see it, no matter how big of a flop it is, it doesn't matter cause if Lion King makes a billion dollars that just shows them you still want more of that, just watch, watch this all unfold.

I mean your gonna get live-action remakes of Little Mermaid or Pocahontas, it's going to happen, i guarantee it and all but eventually the bottom will completely fall out and they are just gonna get diminishing returns, because they are no longer about the ideals that Walt Disney built his company around. They are about greed, power and manipulation of your nostalgia

BANNED

Aladdin could be a bad remake, and Lion King a good one, y’know?

P.S., the “doesn’t want a remake but wants a remake” logic is flawed.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 02-19-2019 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Im kinda offended by this comment Naomi Scott looks the part to me and at the end of the day does it really matter all that much how light or dark she is?
    I'm in no position to comment on the casting itself, but colorism is real: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discri..._on_skin_color

It's very prevalent in Asian, Latin, and African countries on the belief that lighter skin markets better and is more attractive. Indeed, in Asian grocery stores -- both in Asian countries and here -- skin whitening products will often be in the 2nd closest aisle to the front door, right next to the produce. It's an effect of white supremacy: decades of Hollywood and media showcasing extremely pretty white people, and while that was never Hollywood's attention, when executives see money pouring in from these movies, there's no level they won't stoop to to get that cheddar. Also centuries of Western religions and European empires portraying anyone with dark skin as negative, and as status -- in some countries, darker skin means you're a lowly laborer since you're out in the sun more, and lighter skin means privilege and higher class (even if, in the 21st century, that naturally dark-skinned person is a pencil-pusher all their lives and the lighter skinned person is a groundskeeper).

In Hollywood the issue is gaining more traction, but it also means that casting for Roma and even Black Panther get attention because their casting is meant to counter colorism: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...lywood-n959756

Though, there's one product in the Philippines where the commercial purposely challenges colorism and its origins (don't worry, the important parts are in English): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euy5ndUlgnc

Again, I can't comment on Scott since I'm not of her ethnicity or the ethnicities portrayed in the movie, but lightness/darkness is a thing if the best dark-skinned actors are passed over for a single light-skinned actor.

Cyke is very much correct, with Skin lightning creams being a big buisness in India for example.

Though once again, Disney did a casting call for Persian Actresses so its not like they immediately went "Get a white girl or as close as possible"