Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    They showed the trailer before SHAZAM! and I was surprised to hear "Don't you dare close your eyes!" in the flying carpet scene. That line hasn't aged well and I would expect them to change the lyric so it doesn't sound so creepy.
    Yea but you can pull it off with the right tone and inflection. Jsut dont say it aggressively. But the "Do you trust me?" Line and then the song kicking in hits me right in the feels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    They showed the trailer before SHAZAM! and I was surprised to hear "Don't you dare close your eyes!" in the flying carpet scene. That line hasn't aged well and I would expect them to change the lyric so it doesn't sound so creepy.
    Telling someone not to close their eyes so they don't miss all the exciting things they're going to see is "creepy"?

What freakin' planet do I live on?

Retired

It's because of this video from Ryan George. Since seeing that, I just couldn't hear the lyric without thinking of it.

BANNED

I find it creepier that people find that line creepy.

Like, what state of mind does someone have to be in to always go to the weird, perverted, and creepy interpretations of totally innocent things?

I like the line. The way the movie did it works
    The J-man

BANNED

Saw Will Smith perform friend like me in a talk show. Still confused what people were upset about when a few months ago he said it was a hip hop cover. I mean what do people think Robin William's was doing, Singing? Aladdin and Fernguly he rapped. It sounded like it was better rapped but without all the voice Robin could bring with his style of humor. I'm looking forward to this

People were not mad at him rapping. Genie can see the future so it would not be shocking genie would rap. They hated the unfinished awful cg in the second teaser. The third trailer fixed the cg and he looks alittle better now.

BANNED

I really like this clip and it makes me excited to see the movie.
    That said, this song is out of Will's range. Bring it down a third and I think it would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    People were not mad at him rapping. Genie can see the future so it would not be shocking genie would rap. They hated the unfinished awful cg in the second teaser. The third trailer fixed the cg and he looks alittle better now.
    Naw in the EW article he said it was a hip hop take and for whatever reason that upset people.

Early reactions. They liked the leads, smith they said does do a good job as genie (thank goodness) and the story changes some things from the cartoon.

Many say jafar is the worst part however but they said the liked the movie or saw it as fine.

https://movieweb.com/aladdin-2019-ea...tions-twitter/

Early reactions. They liked the leads, smith they said does do a good job as genie (thank goodness)...
    Yay!

...and the story changes some things from the cartoon.
    Glad to hear that; otherwise, what's the point of making it in the first place, much less going instead of rewatching the original?

Many say jafar is the worst part however but they said the liked the movie or saw it as fine.
    Good to see that those who didn't like the character didn't feel that it ruined the movie, but too bad to hear that he's not apparently as well done; Jafar was one of the more engaging Disney villains out there.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

So good movie but crap marketing. looks like this film got the edge of tomorrow and john carter treatment of a good movie with awful trailers.

Reviews--