Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Rank how the writers treat Wonder Woman's powerhouse status.

Since n52. Many writers have talked a lot about respecting her character, the powerhouse she is, but never really did anything to prove their "respect". Since she has been lacking the epicness and power of classic Wonder Woman. Many writers gave us lip service and nothing more. As most of her showings are sword and shield.

Here you can express your opinion about this topic. Rank these writers based on their lack of respect for her powerhouse status.

didio.

azzarello.

cliff chiang

the finch team.

robinson.

geoff.

snyder.

priest.

gww.

I think gww is too early to tell at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I think gww is too early to tell at this point.
    I am almost 100& sure that her WW will not have powrhouse moments. Just more feats with the shied and sword most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    I am almost 100& sure that her WW will not have powrhouse moments. Just more feats with the shied and sword most of the time.
    Fine. But it hasn't happened yet, so it really shouldn't be here. Otherwise your judging it on something that hasn't happened yet.

BANNED

Fine. But it hasn't happened yet, so it really shouldn't be here. Otherwise your judging it on something that hasn't happened yet.
    Actually, it has happened already. I included her based on the way she has writen WW so far. If things change in the future i can take her out of the list. But so far after 7 issues, she is still writing WW as a glorified mid tier just like the other writers mentioned here.

didio. The man showed he had no respect for most of what D C had established when he arrived and since........ why should Diana be an exception ?

azzarello. A real good writer who probably never read a Wonder Woman comic in his life

cliff chiang One of the finest artist to ever grace a Wonder Woman comic book

the finch team. A bad writer who probably never read a book in there life

robinson. Never read his run and probably won't

geoff. He never wrote an ongoing Wonder Woman title and for sure showcases it

snyder. See Geoff Johns

priest. Love his Deathstroke ....... my attempt at a consolation for not having read his Justice League work yet

gww. I only read her first two issues, but from reading the forums I have to say G Willow don't see the same Diana we see........ I hope I am proven wrong in time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    didio. The man showed he had no respect for most of what D C had established when he arrived and since........ why should Diana be an exception ?

azzarello. A real good writer who probably never read a Wonder Woman comic in his life

cliff chiang One of the finest artist to ever grace a Wonder Woman comic book

the finch team. A bad writer who probably never read a book in there life

robinson. Never read his run and probably won't

geoff. He never wrote an ongoing Wonder Woman title and for sure showcases it

snyder. See Geoff Johns

priest. Love his Deathstroke ....... my attempt at a consolation for not having read his Justice League work yet

gww. I only read her first two issues, but from reading the forums I have to say G Willow don't see the same Diana we see........ I hope I am proven wrong in time
    My thread is not saying that any of them are bad writers. It's just judging their writing on WW. chsaing and azz didn't show much respect for her haracter. chain basically said in an interview that changing her origin and turning amazons into rapists was done to make her interesting. priest once said, " i don't relate to white women in tiaras talking big talk". And look what happened when he had to write her in jl. All she did was get an old nun killed with her own sword and get shot from a bullet that bounced back from superman. geoff and snyder may not have written a WW run. But they still could do something important with her character, give her an oportunity to show her power. Yet they haven't done that.

What Diana do you think gww sees?

I'm still waiting for a team of creators to treat and portray her powerhouse stature adequately. She's had a few good moments in some runs, but needs more consistency in her feats of strength, power, and resiliency across the board.

Even though it's based on a comic run, ironically one of Wonder Woman's best, most thrilling showings is in the animated movie War, when she gets a spotlight in the climactic battle is pretty much the only Leaguer besides Superman who can go toe to toe with Darkseid and hold her own, recover quickly, and then rally together with Superman to finish the battle with the other Leaguers.

For some reason, she's not shown to have as many feats of strength, just for the possibility and joy of portraying her that way, in her own title as Superman is. If I'm ever a writer of editor, that's a number one thing I'd change about her stories. We should be in awe of her in many ways.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

You mean she is considered a powerhouse still?

I guess we will have to wait for the next movie to see if she does any feats that would be on par or better than what Shazam or even Aquaman has done!!!!

Honestly, I think part of the problem is that she has to share the spotlight with Superman, someone who's status of "the world's most powerful hero" is intertwined with his status of "the world's most inspiring hero". On it's own, a superhero doesn't have to be powerful to be inspiring, just look at Captain America. But since DC tends to shill Superman so much (which is fine in theory), the whole "she's just as important as him" rings hollow because we never hear about how "without Wonder Woman, the world is doomed!" in the same way we get whenever Superman is off the table. Which as fans, makes us all the more frustrated when we see her take punches from Doomsday but a handgun is somehow too much for her.

BANNED

Honestly, I think part of the problem is that she has to share the spotlight with Superman, someone who's status of "the world's most powerful hero" is intertwined with his status of "the world's most inspiring hero". On it's own, a superhero doesn't have to be powerful to be inspiring, just look at Captain America. But since DC tends to shill Superman so much (which is fine in theory), the whole "she's just as important as him" rings hollow because we never hear about how "without Wonder Woman, the world is doomed!" in the same way we get whenever Superman is off the table. Which as fans, makes us all the more frustrated when we see her take punches from Doomsday but a handgun is somehow too much for her.
    Why should suprman be an obstacle. It's not even about her being portrayed as powerful as him. It's about her doing almost nothing outside of sword and shield feats. She rarely shows any impresive feats of power. When was the last time we felt that epic vibe with WW? An amazon warrior with Godly powers should be filled with epic adventures but we haven't seen that in a long time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    You mean she is considered a powerhouse still?

I guess we will have to wait for the next movie to see if she does any feats that would be on par or better than what Shazam or even Aquaman has done!!!!
    I'm talking about the comics ssince the n52.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I'm talking about the comics ssince the n52.
    I've bought the Azz run and was not impressed with her feats. Especially her medically induced coma since Orion didn't need the same even though they both fought the First Born at the same time. And for her to take on Centaurs and make us think it is a threat is laughable.

As far as the other writers, I have seen scans on Scans Daily and have as of yet to be impressed with what Wonder Woman has done.

Her only impressive achievement has been to beat Mongul, but that was done off panel so that should tell us Wonder Woman fans what they think of us. If it comes down to her doing something impressive, do it off panel!

Edit: I guess she has had some impressive feats in the Superman/Wonder Woman series, but of course Doomsday took her out in about a panel with a broken arm (I think.)

Why should suprman be an obstacle. It's not even about her being portrayed as powerful as him. It's about her doing almost nothing outside of sword and shield feats. She rarely shows any impresive feats of power. When was the last time we felt that epic vibe with WW? An amazon warrior with Godly powers should be filled with epic adventures but we haven't seen that in a long time.
    Well in regards to that, it's because the movies, in spite of quality, did almost nothing outside of sword and shield feats and a pushback energy feat she barely uses. DC does synergy too, that's why Aquaman has a beard again.

BANNED

Well in regards to that, it's because the movies, in spite of quality, did almost nothing outside of sword and shield feats and a pushback energy feat she barely uses. DC does synergy too, that's why Aquaman has a beard again.
    The sword and shield didn't start with her silver screen debut. Even before that she wasn't getting many power feats, or doing epic things in epic adventures like you would expect from a character like her.