Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default UQ Holder Versus The Seven Deadly Sins

The ranks of the UQ Holder take on the Seven Deadly Sins. Current editions for all with the following caveats:

- Meliodas is not Raid Commander levels. He is at the level he was immediately prior to reverting to that form.
    - The time of day is 15 minutes to high noon. Given the speed of everyone involved, The One may or may not be a factor but Escanor is feeling healthy.
    - Gengorou has 100 lives.
    - The UQ Holder don't get Kirei on their side because that's basically save scumming which defeats the point of the conflict.

Fight takes place in a wide open grassy plain with an abandoned modern town in the middle of it. Teams start off on opposite sides of the map, approximately 2 miles from each other.

Who wins? The secretive immortals or the heroes of the realm?

Extraordinary Member

Hmm. In a pure power contest I'd give it to the Sins, they have at least 3-4 moutain busters and I generally think that they're faster.

But the immortality of the UQ Holder members makes it tricky with some of them. Jinbei and Ikku's immortalities aren't as long lasting as the others (as in once they break that's it for them). But all the regenerators, Karin and Santa would all be tricky to deal with. But the Sins aren't without options, mind-screwing from Gowther, strength draining from Ban, petrification from King and/or freezing from Merlin should be enough for a ten count for some of the more difficult immortals.

It's been shown that Karin can be dealt with by trapping her within tons of stone and dirt, which Diane can do just fine. But Santa is trickier... have the Sins ever really fought a spiritual opponent, I can't remember?

What about Tota's new power level? Guy is spamming clones and beating down Fate.

Santa is a wildcard. I'm rereading UQ Holder at the moment as I'm less familiar with his capacities.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    What about Tota's new power level? Guy is spamming clones and beating down Fate.
    From what I understood of that Touta had some one sided prep to get all the clones and magia erebea stuff working properly. It wasn't entirely clear exactly what was done, but from my understanding it's not something he can pull off at will. I'll double check to make sure though.

Also, while he's not directly involved in this fight it might do us well to consider how we should view Fate's speed. In Negima he has that whole thing where he's at one point incapable of dealing with Negi's lightning speed and then (during the same fight) he's just suddenly able to keep up with it because... the fight would've lost any sense of tension otherwise. But in UQ Holder he's absolutely fast, but it doesn't seem like he's at that lightning speed (and the same applies for Evangeline). So should we only use his speed feats from UQ Holder or what?
    Santa is a wildcard. I'm rereading UQ Holder at the moment as I'm less familiar with his capacities.
    The main issue for dealing with Santa is that he seems to able to phase through any attack that isn't specifically able to hurt spirits.

Alright, I've finished my reread of UQ Holder as it stands so far and I have a few thoughts.

First up, just reclarifying who is on the UQ Holder team and the nature of their immortality:

- Yukihime - Hyper fast regeneration even from the point of being a puddle. Can also freely reattach limbs and so on.
    - Jinbei - Head must be completely destroyed to actually kill him. Can reattached removed limbs or whatever.
    - Gengorou - Has a stock of lives and can just respawn at will upon dying. He can also spawn multiple lives at once if required. Each respawn has 3 seconds invincibility.
    - Tota - Same as Yukihime.
    - Ikku - Is a robot.
    - Kuromaro - Fast regenerator, limits are unknown but are lower than Yukihime and Tota. Has been reduced to a pile of limbs and parts in the past and gotten up fine.
    - Karin - Completely impossible to physically damage, blades and stuff just go through her, but still experiences pain.
    - Santa - Intangible ghost, can be damaged by appropriate magic and can also regenerate.

I'm going to discount Tota's most recent powerup because it seems to involve literal months of prep and therefore isn't valid. Similarly with the Pactios that now exist and the apparent raw stats boost that causes to the wielder. We've not seen how it works yet so it's not relevant.

Nasty tricks that can be brought out.

- Tota, with an assist, can go into Thunder Bolt form very quickly; which makes him pretty convincingly the fastest person on the field. This is only limited by the fact that he can only maintain this level of power for a few seconds before needing another burst of magic to power up again. Given that the two sides start off on opposite sides of the field, I see no reason why he wouldn't get into this form.

Regarding Dark's query about how fast Fate and Yukihime are relative to Negi's lightning form. The presentation in UQ Holder is that Negi's lightning form is still faster than them. I don't think they are intended to be interpreted as having that level of speed normally. They are still both monstrously fast, Yukihime is in the fight as well and she's incredibly quick.

- Santa can possess people though we've only seen it fail against Ku Nel Sanders due to him being an aspect of the gestalt psychic monstrosity that is Ialda. He could take over, I would think, King, Diane, Meliodas or Ban. Merlin more than likely has passive magical defences and ****, Escanor's soul is particularly dangerous to interact with directly due to Sunshine and Gowther isn't technically alive.
    - Jinbei's Switcheroo can be used to simply telefrag people. He commented that he could have utterly ended the fight with Cutlass at any time but he didn't want to actually murder her. Beyond the quite impressive level of control he has over objects in his range, he can also do some pretty wild mobility stuff into the bargain.
    - Apparently Karin's maximum power Holy Fist is a lightspeed punch. Not sure how much credence to give this personally. She's only employed it against Jack Rakan who noted he couldn't react to it but it also did essentially dick all damage to him. To be clear, Karin isn't lightspeed herself in terms of reaction speed or movement. It would more, if we're taking the statement as correct, be akin to a punch laser.
    - Yukihime can just bust out small armies of puppets on the fly apparently.

I think this is a bit more competitive. I still think the Sins are going to likely win more often than not simply because they have a lot more raw power to throw around but I think the Holder crew can pull out the odd win here and there through gimmicks.

Extraordinary Member

So, are we still using current Ban? Because as of his return from hell the dude could concieveably just rip off a bunch of heads like he ripped a part the demon army earlier. It'll outright take out Jinbei and Ikku and slow down the regenerators before other Sins unleash their nonsense.
    - Tota, with an assist, can go into Thunder Bolt form very quickly; which makes him pretty convincingly the fastest person on the field. This is only limited by the fact that he can only maintain this level of power for a few seconds before needing another burst of magic to power up again. Given that the two sides start off on opposite sides of the field, I see no reason why he wouldn't get into this form.
    Doesn't Touta need somebody else to launch the lightning attack at him, or at least generate a spell that he can absorb to activate any magia erebea forms?
    Regarding Dark's query about how fast Fate and Yukihime are relative to Negi's lightning form. The presentation in UQ Holder is that Negi's lightning form is still faster than them. I don't think they are intended to be interpreted as having that level of speed normally. They are still both monstrously fast, Yukihime is in the fight as well and she's incredibly quick.
    Which is funny because at the end of Negima, Evangeline could trivially keep up with it. Though I guess that since Negi's gotten older and is backed by Ialda (and it's been implied that Evangeline's weakened or something), that might explain the difference from Negima.
    - Santa can possess people though we've only seen it fail against Ku Nel Sanders due to him being an aspect of the gestalt psychic monstrosity that is Ialda. He could take over, I would think, King, Diane, Meliodas or Ban. Merlin more than likely has passive magical defences and ****, Escanor's soul is particularly dangerous to interact with directly due to Sunshine and Gowther isn't technically alive.
    Cusack did try to screw with Merlin's soul and it nearly got him killed. So yeah, she absolutely has defences against crap like that. I'd wonder if he could take over Meliodas, what with all the demonic stuff going on inside of him.